Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Wasn't really planning on riding tonight, but it was warm and the sun was out. I just could not resist.

Fact: I did not poop my pants tonight, but it was about this |-| close...

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
this. also, inseam? i demo'd a medium of the MT 1.0 (a little over 6' and a 32" inseam) and it felt fine, although i would be curious to try a large...
6'1" - 33" inseam. I'm accustomed to being able to crank on the pedals going uphill and loft the front end over stuff, and being able to manual on flat/dh sections. It was just more difficult... will have to try a medium and see what's what.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Pictures, dammit!

Which hitch?

I put a 12 x 12' sunscreen over the south side of the greenhouse today, replaced a filter housing and got water on at camp, mowed a bunch of lawn, changed oil in mower, moved stuff in and out of van preparatory to getting new tires tomorrow.

It's Heady time.
Pics will be posted in good time. :D things are shaping up nicely I think.

Got a Reese dual cam model. I thought it wise to spend the extra $200 over the friction type to gain usage in inclement weather and the self correcting tendencies. Then again I've never towed anything of consequence so I have no idea how much of a difference it makes.

Are you running a weight distribution/sway control hitch with your camper?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
The place where I notice mine the most is passing/getting passed by trucks on the highway. The rig is much less succeptible to that horrible 'getting sucked in' feeling.
Which is not nearly as good as getting sucked on, but I digress...

Pics will be posted in good time. :D things are shaping up nicely I think.

Got a Reese dual cam model. I thought it wise to spend the extra $200 over the friction type to gain usage in inclement weather and the self correcting tendencies. Then again I've never towed anything of consequence so I have no idea how much of a difference it makes.

Are you running a weight distribution/sway control hitch with your camper?
No. I have a cheapo friction sway damper.

In the 2,500 miles of towing under my belt, I have not had sway issues, but there's a tendency to porpoise a little when there's a vertical discontinuity in the road. I have thought about getting a weight distribution hitch, but haven't pressed the button.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
6'1" - 33" inseam. I'm accustomed to being able to crank on the pedals going uphill and loft the front end over stuff, and being able to manual on flat/dh sections. It was just more difficult... will have to try a medium and see what's what.
so you're about my size. i'm in the medium size range for the MT as well.