Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Nah I still have a pulse.

I too ride a reverse mullet Yeti with 150mm fork and 125 rear. Can do most things really well and is super fun on techy descents. Not saying the Yeti is the thing for you but that style bike is incredibly capable and a whole lot of fun on about any trail. I kind of wish I had a slightly longer TT and shorter CS, which is basically a Transition Scout.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
Howdy all. Wife being grumpy about being sick makes me grumpy, too. Her being petty about not wanting to wash two bowls because it's "not her job" (she cooked dinner) makes me even grumpier as I add up all the time I spend on household tasks that are magically my job (cars, lawn, fixing things).
Dear lord please let this never be my future.

Spending quality time with the little man. Back to the house search, looking at a place tomorrow. Geographically located precisely in the middle of Great Brook and Russell Mill for all the MA monkeys....fingers are crossed the house is as nice as it looks.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
stoney's dropped pocket change should be enough to cover your new dentist bike

//Coolstorybro... I worked at a BMW preferred body shop one summer cleaning cars in high school. The amount of change that I sucked up with the vacuum could have probably purchased an M3. Not even joking either.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ride complete. I waited until 3:30 due to lack of wind and 50% humidity, at 88 degrees the afternoon breeze was quite nice. I did my usual loop on the GT as fast as I generally do it on the hardtail. Now I am watching Archer and drinking beer. :)

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Just finished my ride, an easy XC workout today. Quads are still sore, and there's pretty much 100% humidity in the woods after rain this morning. Now Pocket Pigeon from Trillium.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
My site work is finished. Payment is .65 acres of land in Bristol NY. I did a good thing. Give a little get a lot. Can't piss away land as my Lawyer says... Looked at Amish Cabins. I want one.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I too ride a reverse mullet Yeti with 150mm fork and 125 rear. Can do most things really well and is super fun on techy descents. Not saying the Yeti is the thing for you but that style bike is incredibly capable and a whole lot of fun on about any trail. I kind of wish I had a slightly longer TT and shorter CS, which is basically a Transition Scout.
See that's the thing, I'm not looking for a single do it all bike. I've got 3 mountain bikes, I wanna consolidate to 2. I have an xc hardtail, the spitfire, and a dh bike. I've got a line on a 26" megatrail to fall between the spitfire and the dh bike. I'm looking for something that'll fall between an xc hardtail and the spitfire. This basically relegates me to the 120mm zone because anything else I'm aware of that's less travel is an xc 29er, which, A) I don't want B) fuck that shit and C) kill list

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
You just tape a plastic painting drop cloth over your stand. n00b.
Newspaper is free.

That's not pink.
Did you tape off the bearing race shoulder?
Yep.

However, the pink glitter paint Haley picked out was glitter and it's drying slightly cracked (my derp). I need to strip it again, re-prime, and use a better pink base color.

This is why I should only deal with numbers. Anything art related gets fucked up.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Cable repaired on buddies bike in about 5 minutes (give or take, we spent some of that time opening beers).

Then....

Followed by a ride home in the dark, in the rain and with a light that I couldn't put on full blast because it would just turn off after a minute. Good times.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
My site work is finished. Payment is .65 acres of land in Bristol NY. I did a good thing. Give a little get a lot. Can't piss away land as my Lawyer says... Looked at Amish Cabins. I want one.

I would love to find, or recreate, an old barn and turn it into a home.
Back in the old country there was a firehouse that sat unused years. I wanted that property forever.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
See that's the thing, I'm not looking for a single do it all bike. I've got 3 mountain bikes, I wanna consolidate to 2. I have an xc hardtail, the spitfire, and a dh bike. I've got a line on a 26" megatrail to fall between the spitfire and the dh bike. I'm looking for something that'll fall between an xc hardtail and the spitfire. This basically relegates me to the 120mm zone because anything else I'm aware of that's less travel is an xc 29er, which, A) I don't want B) fuck that shit and C) kill list
Sounds like you want a fatbike.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
And... Back to raw. So much for getting the painting done tonight and all the appropriate press-in's reinstalled tomorrow. At least I figured this out on the fork and not the frame.