Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Home Team BBQ, it's in one of the lodges right at the base of the summit lift. Ramper recommend it. It was delicious. :thumb: :thumb:

Was his name Danny? Kid I used to ride with ended up as a rampy in Aspen. He seems to think the whole aerospace industry would crumble without him.

CrabJoe StretchPants

Reincarnated Crab Walking Head Spinning Bruce Dick
Nov 30, 2003
Groton, MA
I've had two holyfuckhelpme emergency shits in the past 2 weeks. First one on a solo ride, which was no big deal and rather enjoyable. The second the other day whilst walking the dog around the local (heavily trafficked) lake. Barely had enough time to walk to the closest coffee shop, grab a handful of napkins and b-line it into the closest wooded area.

By far the closest I've come to shitting myself uncontrollably in public. Though I am still young.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
It is hard to find one that is currently running
engines/transmissions can always be ditched.....or buy a shell and go from there....

i did see a video of someone turn their lexus gx into one.....

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Was his name Danny? Kid I used to ride with ended up as a rampy in Aspen. He seems to think the whole aerospace industry would crumble without him.
Generally speaking I try not to learn their names.

It is astonishing how many of these types I've met in my time at the airline. Every employee group has them. Pilots, mechanics, rampers, flight attendants, the whole works. Though I suspect it's true of every industry, it especially funny coming from the lowest rungs of the airline hierarchy. This is the nations largest regional airline, unless you've been here for 45 years, it didn't get that way because of you. Nobody here is irreplaceable, especially those employees who only get raises when the state bumps up minimum wage. If you can fog a mirror you can be hired to work the ramp. You don't even really need the ability to stand upright, because thats actually a liability in the cargo pit.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
Surprised to see Mr. Trololo on the google homepage today.
- and by 'surprised' I mean I wasn't sure I hadn't been slipped some trippy mushrooms at lunch.

edit: skirt steak marinating ... fixin' some proper tacos for taco Tuesday. BOOMSHAKALAKA!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Generally speaking I try not to learn their names.

It is astonishing how many of these types I've met in my time at the airline. Every employee group has them. Pilots, mechanics, rampers, flight attendants, the whole works. Though I suspect it's true of every industry, it especially funny coming from the lowest rungs of the airline hierarchy. This is the nations largest regional airline, unless you've been here for 45 years, it didn't get that way because of you. Nobody here is irreplaceable, especially those employees who only get raises when the state bumps up minimum wage. If you can fog a mirror you can be hired to work the ramp. You don't even really need the ability to stand upright, because thats actually a liability in the cargo pit.

Buddy of mine started to take this kid riding on his parents request. Truth be told he ain't very sharp and is emotionally immature. He was at risk of getting expelled from high school for bad grades and behavioral problems. Parents hoped exercise would help, it did. He was actually pretty damn good on a bike. He went to school in Aspen for some outdoor leadership program, promptly dropped out and became a rampy. I am guessing he is pretty good at it and this is the first thing in his life he has ever been good at, and it went straight to his head. The bar is pretty low but he seems to have the perfect skillset for the job, so most folks humor him when he brags about being the GOAT.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
I have to wait until 6 to implement changes, I hope to be done within 30 minutes and be out of here. I need to score some tacos for this Tuesday.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
So here is the deal. If I ever decide to share a rare bottle of expensive french wine with you. Do not take it upon yourself to slam it in 15 minutes. Then don't get belligerent with me over allowing the cheese to reach room temperature before you stick your fingers in it and start scooping it up like a fucking hog. And yes pickles are an excellent hors d'oeuvre. If I share a chunk of the best Hashish you have ever smoked in your life. And you take the lighter and roast it all up like a bong hit of cartel weed. Then cough it all up because you're a fucking amature. I will never share my shit with you again.... Same goes for my whiskey...

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
After a 1/2 day in steamboat, I came to a realization that this place is crazy.

We found a great Indonesian restaurant in Steamboat, would recommend.
We went to a BBQ joint and it was ok.

Did you go to Broken Compass?
Unfortunately, no. We got a bit confused and arrived late and landed in the first pub close to our lodge and then too many beers happened mysteriously. :doh:
Close to my old stomping grounds / hometown of Hot Sulphur Springs (also meh after makeover, but still a cool venue...)
Thanks for the tip! We'll check it out tomorrow.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
So here is the deal. If I ever decide to share a rare bottle of expensive french wine with you. Do not take it upon yourself to slam it in 15 minutes. Then don't get belligerent with me over allowing the cheese to reach room temperature before you stick your fingers in it and start scooping it up like a fucking hog. And yes pickles are an excellent hors d'oeuvre. If I share a chunk of the best Hashish you have ever smoked in your life. And you take the lighter and roast it all up like a bong hit of cartel weed. Then cough it all up because you're a fucking amature. I will never share my shit with you again.... Same goes for my whiskey...
Dude you really need some better friends.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Sorry and is my inbox full or something?