Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Unless your a planning on buying a car, a house, or opening a credit card account, you can place a free, 90 day "fraud alert" hold on your SS#. I wouldn't trust Equifax's word at all at this point.

This Reddit thread has some good advice in it. Just click on, or call one of the credit agencies and it should place the 90 day hold on all three. I did this for both the wife and I, took maybe ten minutes. A full on freeze takes more time and a small amount of $, unless you can prove your identity has been stolen, then it's free.
moar information is always better? : https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/10/smarter-living/equifax-hack-what-should-i-do.html

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
I froze all of my reports yesterday. Twas easy and quick.
I'm in the process of getting pre-approvals for a home purchase, so I can't... dammit.

We were going to put in an offer this morning, just needed to get the pre-approval letter, but it went under contract sometime between 9pm and 9am, knowing our offer was coming. Their realtor is expecting it to fall out under inspection though, so it sounds like it's higher and the inspection is probably going to catch a few high dollar issues. We found almost $30k of safety/must repair issues on our walk through, which would have been taken off the list price if they had seen it pre-inspection.

Otherwise, I have learned that Costco does mortgages. Or at least facilitates at super low rates.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
'Mornin. Due to parent-teacher meetings on Thursday, I will be riding tonight. weather is crisp and cool, sunny and dry. it's going to be a good ride.

falling back into old bad habits commuting on the bike. running for lights, cutting it too close, trying to go too fast. a) I get to work sweaty this way and that's not good, and b) it's not worth getting hit or getting a fine. Must. calm. down. it's not a race, it's a commute. and to top it off, it's a beautiful commute, so I should just relax and enjoy it. the last time I worked on this side of the river, I was almost killed twice by aggressive drivers, was fined twice for running red lights, saw countless other people get fined for riding their bikes on the sidewalk on the bridge, and my old boss was hit twice riding his bike, one of those times being off work for 10 months and spending 2 of those months in the hospital. Quebec drivers...
I dunno man, sounds to me like you just need to give into it. Make your commute an all out aggressive street riding session, both directions. That way when you show up at work all sweaty, amped on adrenaline and caffeine with a "holy shit I can't believe what I just hit" crazed look in your eye, no one will say shit to you. Then after work you can sprint down the hall, out the door and gap the first available booter on your "commute" home.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
How I haven't yet gone on a killing spree is anyone's guess........

(And yes I do realize how ill regret posting this after said spree hits the news)

Last edited:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Spoke with a headhunter, rode my bike, now updating resume before I send it out. Dude that sold me a spring on PB hasn't responded to my inquiries about expected delivery date which makes me grumpy. The days are effing short, too. :rant:

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
Eating a peanut butter milkshake and about to go for a night ride in Boise. Planning on sleeping at Massacre Rock's and riding Pocatello in the morning.

boostindoubles

Nacho Libre
Mar 16, 2004
Yakistan
What are you going to ride?
Sterling Justice, City Creek, Gibson Jack?
Going to eat breakfast at Jeri's Jumbo Cafe and then head for the townie trails cause I'm unfamiliar. My friend with the Intel is saying 911, black cairn, over the top, death Valley. Probably going to look for those.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
it's only tuesderp (well, technically wednesderp now, i suppose) but i'm already scheming and plotting for a fuckit friday. hey @AngryMetalsmith, @jackalope, @SuboptimusPrime, @roflbox - and any other NC folks . . . WILSONS?
Pisgah, yes the Other Pisgah too, is currently closed due to storms from Irma. Saw it on MTBR.

https://www.fs.usda.gov/alerts/nfsnc/alerts-notices

Some parts of WNC got hit pretty hard with lots of down trees. Just take a badass Silky folding saw with ya.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I wish there was a way to adequately express how much I hate Equifax. They have at every turn proven themselves to be personally, and corporatively, a gigantic piece of shit. What burns me the most though is that they will see no fallout from this, short of Congress getting together and doing something there is no way for us little guys to stop giving them business.

In short, fuck them and everything they stand to represent.
Luckily the federal government is looking out for it's constituents.

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/congress-votes-disallow-consumers-suing-033159253.html

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
One of the more cowardly things I've seen recently. And it's got some serious competition too.

It is not cowardice but yet another data point pointing to congress only working for their corporate donors and not the morons who actually vote for them. They don't even attempt to hide the fact anymore, but people will vote for them based on guns, gays and abortion.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
It is not cowardice but yet another data point pointing to congress only working for their corporate donors and not the morons who actually vote for them. They don't even attempt to hide the fact anymore, but people will vote for them based on guns, gays and abortion.
It almost, *almost* makes me wish I had the desire to run for office. Someone in there needs to have some fucking principles.