Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Screenshot_20170919-161921.png

ordered this in metal flake purple i think....should get a record player sometime....

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Chief Ghost Nipples is welcome to the stuff I'm ripping out tonight. I'll even throw it in the back of whatever vehicle he drives (if online personna is any indication, probably a Pontiac Aztec).
He is an emotionally fragile redneck Texan. What do you think he drives?

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Forgot my water bottle, but with the amount of rain being dumped I don't think I need to worry about lack of water on this ride...

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
All I remember from Laurel is this...Lots of this..

How do you get back to the bottom of Laurel? Pilot Cove?
I was way too beat for the inner loop. The climb back up to Laurel trailhead about did me in. So much hike a bike. The switchbacks on Pilot gave me fits. Could only ride a few of 'em.

Just as I started getting into that tunnel vision focus while blistering down the start of Pilot, I hear a voice and see a beard out of the corner of my eye. Spooked me a bit, but it was just a hiker.

Last hour of the ride all I could think about is Fried Catfish. Found a place in Mills River that has it and fried okra. Fuck yeah !

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
@Pesqueeb, time to release the hounds??

http://www.kansascity.com/news/nation-world/article173953566.html

A ‘Mad Pooper’ is on the run in Colorado, and police are on her tail
BY LISA GUTIERREZ
SEPTEMBER 18, 2017 12:35 PM

A Colorado neighborhood is raising a stink over a jogger who keeps defecating around the houses — even in front of children.

Neighbors have nicknamed her the “Mad Pooper,” and they’ve asked police to make this squatter stop.

The woman has been leaving No. 2s for nearly two months now, according to The Gazette in Colorado Springs.

You can’t make this (bleep) up.

“There’s a lady taking a poop!” Cathy Budde’s children told her one day at the beginning of the defecation drama.

When Budde went outside, she caught the woman — mid-squat, pants down — pooping outside her house, Budde told KKTV in Colorado Springs.

Are you really taking a poop right here in front of kids, an incredulous Budde asked her.

“Yeah, sorry!” the woman answered.

Now the runner poops at least once a week around the neighborhood, Budde told the TV station, which showed a soiled napkin lying on the ground.

The “Mad Pooper” comes prepared.

“It’s abnormal, it’s not something I’ve seen in my career,” Sgt. Jonathan Sharketti of the Colorado Springs Police Department told the TV station. “For someone to repeatedly do such a thing ... it’s uncharted territory for me.”

In May, surveillance footage and social media led Colorado Springs police to a man who defecated on the porch of his dead ex-girlfriend out of revenge, according to KKTV.

Budde said a nearby park has porta-potties and a convenience store close by also has bathrooms, so she’s not sure why the woman won’t quit the drive-by dumps.

The police asked Budde to photograph the woman to help identify her.

View image on Twitter

The runner could face charges of indecent exposure and public defecation, police said.
Hey, when you gotta go, you gotta go!

Solution for the neighborhood:

80 of 90' completed of the conduit trench. Managed to spear the elbow of a garage foundation drain with a rock bar, which will require a little rerouting and a replacement elbow. Distribution panel and disconnect are due Thursday.

Chasing down some creaks on the Tracer seat rails are part of it, but there's something by the shock...

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Exhausted and I'm nowhere near done with prep for photos at 9am tomorrow. Kill me.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
for extra bonus ass-kicking fun do the "inner loop" once you finish pilot (turn left on 1206, left onto Pilot Cove-Slate Rock, quick right onto Pilot Cove Loop - climb, climb, climb - right back onto Pilot Cove-Slate Rock. then left onto 1206 again back to the base of Laurel!
How much time does that add ?

Took me 4:23 including stops and sessioning the Pilot Rock switchback.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
I wish I had video of just how rough Pisgah trails are for those who've never had the privilege. Most youtube videos don't do it justice. Most of the trails are built on old logging road beds and can vary greatly in width. Years of weather and erosion have created some seriously technical natural trails. Some like Avery Creek, Black Mountain, and Pilot, etc. have sections that are fairly wide with good visibility, but steep, fast, very rocky, rooty and littered with drop offs that are anywhere from 1.5 ft. to 4 ft. landing in gullies on rocks. You can gap from one ledge into corners, across root clusters. At one point I had to pick my bike up to hike and had to be careful not to touch the shock, because it was so hot.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord

it's been quite a while since i've done it... i'd guess mebbe 45 mins to an hour? last time it was cold-prolly mid-40s, and i fully ate it on a creek crossing and almost froze by the time we got back to the car.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dude. It's Denver. Just put it on the market. If you don't have it sold in a week, I'll shit in your hat.
We fired Maria 3 months ago. It's gone down hill since then... yard has been wild, some solid must do low cost - high visibility - high value repairs, and the yard is wild. Max bang for buck.

Plus our finished, entertainment friendly walkout has been used for storage for 6 months. It's buried and I've been digging it out for viewing. It's worth $$ so it's worth the effort.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008

Took wife and I 5 hours a couple of years ago, and she was no where near as fast as she is now as she'd only been riding a year and you know those descents aren't beginner friendly.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Long day. Trailered the horse two hours to the site of the dressage championships and got the camper squared away. We have been waiting all day to hear from Ruth's co workers in the Mexico city office. They just sent her a message that all of her staffers are accounted for and are unhurt. Big relief.

AngryMetalsmith

Jun 4, 2006
Took wife and I 5 hours a couple of years ago, and she was no where near as fast as she is now as she'd only been riding a year and you know those descents aren't beginner friendly.
That's impressive, props to her.

"those descents aren't beginner friendly" is an understatement. I know at least one expert who got bitch slapped by some switchbacks this afternoon. I was launching some of of those drops at speeds I should probably not have been going riding solo. But those rock and rooted covered steep switchbacks got the better of me. Crashes a couple times, and lots of cursing. I just couldn't seem to combine clearing the rocks n' roots with turning 160°. Just not my day for Pilot Rawk switchbacks. Next time...

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Pulled all the veggies from the garden. I am very happy I got so many peppers. I got about 4 green peppers. A bunch of Jalapenos. And some yellow peppers I have no idea what to do with.... Maybe a pint basket worth. And some Eggplants and Zucchinis.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
I wish I had video of just how rough Pisgah trails are for those who've never had the privilege. Most youtube videos don't do it justice. Most of the trails are built on old logging road beds and can vary greatly in width. Years of weather and erosion have created some seriously technical natural trails. Some like Avery Creek, Black Mountain, and Pilot, etc. have sections that are fairly wide with good visibility, but steep, fast, very rocky, rooty and littered with drop offs that are anywhere from 1.5 ft. to 4 ft. landing in gullies on rocks. You can gap from one ledge into corners, across root clusters. At one point I had to pick my bike up to hike and had to be careful not to touch the shock, because it was so hot.
That sounds delicious.
I have to make a trip next year sometime.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
Dude. It's Denver. Just put it on the market. If you don't have it sold in a week, I'll shit in your hat.
a sign made of a piece of cardboard and a stick from the yard written by his woman child with a glitter marker could get the job done in two weeks.

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Yes, got that now. Didn't know @stoney had purchased a new McMansion.
Not new. Not what I would call a McMansion. In the land of McMansions, but in a sub-neighborhood that is more unique. Only 5 with the same floor plan in the entirety of the city, which has 28k houses.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Never mind video, everyone just needs to go ride those trails. We loved the entire area. The bike shops and everyone we bumped into were super friendly and encouraging.

And the trails actually had some great variety. Dupont Forest was a great warmup after spending 15 hours in the car. Then the local Pisgah trails and climbs were just amazing, with some awesome technical and fast sections. Then over at Wilsons its just friggin' leaf surfin and out in the wild type feeling. Bracken Mountain was great in the rain and an easy ride to let the legs and liver rest.

We're going to do Laurel, Pilot Rock and then that inner loop this time. I'm sure Laurel is way more enjoyable without crossing a river 40 times before doing it. :rofl: Come on out. :D

Fingers crossed for half decent weather....

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
the stoney clan should rent their old dump of a house for a while. homes are appreciating regularly at 7% per year in his 'hood, and so long as the house is positive cash flow and though there is no guarantee of future gains, it's a pretty safe bet HR isn't going to collapse any time soon.

(edit: dump of a house is a joke, it's a beautiful house)

Last edited:

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
the stoney clan should rent their old dump of a house for a while. homes are appreciating regularly at 7% per year in his 'hood, and so long as the house is positive cash flow and though there is no guarantee of future gains, it's a pretty safe bet HR isn't going to collapse any time soon.
I prefer taking financial advice from Dean and Jimmy financial firm

stoney

Jul 26, 2006
Colorado

(edit: dump of a house is a joke, it's a beautiful house)
Trust me, I've thought about it. There's a lot of leverage in place to make this happen in the near-term, a lot more than I am normally comfortable with. We'd be able to pull it off with profit for sure, but it's still a lot of leverage.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Pulled all the veggies from the garden. I am very happy I got so many peppers. I got about 4 green peppers. A bunch of Jalapenos. And some yellow peppers I have no idea what to do with.... Maybe a pint basket worth. And some Eggplants and Zucchinis.

Any Brian Peppers?