Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
kids are back to being a fucking nightmare again. I'm loosing my shit at least once a day. I don't think it helps (loosing my shit), but I'm having a hard time keeping it together. I've got to get this shit figured out fast, it's not sustainable.
Might be time for some educational videos. Show them a video about how Lions eat their defective offspring.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Is it still just sad moms that blog? cuz I should start a blog...Things I watch while I eat.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
My only goal for attending this conference was to score a shirt. I nabbed a Nexthink polo; mission accomplished.

I might also be currently overdosing on bacon.

I need to ride a bike...

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
With your experience sad skills, I thought you might be a good candidate for a small mortgage originator, although there likely would be a lot of learning of the industry specifics involved.
Sounds like a lot of contracts and accounting... not my favorite parts of the old job. New industry, new hopes to be shot down in the future.

Resume is in the mail... yup. They wanted it snail mailed... best wishes to the postal workers!!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I'd see it as a giant red flag that was on fire.

Mail a resume?

WTF? :confused:
I have known companies that have purposely made their application process difficult. Make it easy to apply for a job and get 1200 applications of which 1195 are shit. Make it difficult and you get 10 of which only 6 are shit.

Actually had to apply for my current job twice. It turns out the first application never made it through the computer filter because I didn't check the box that said I was a "US person". I didn't know what that was and figured it was something that is not a citizen. The irony is that the second application was for the same job, but at a higher level that pays a hell of a lot more. Most profitable mistake I have ever made.

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I called in a airstrike on my neighbors for being awful.
Did my shopping/errands.

Took the wheel I built in to have Tim check it out, redid eight spokes I failed to lace properly, then minor adjustments to dish, roundness, and wobble.

Dragged all the house plants in.
For me when I get to ride a wheel I built. It is quite satisfying. There are wheels I built 20 years ago still going today. I am not noted as a wheel builder either.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Well, Hymasa/Pothole Arch/cap'n Ahab was ridden today. There was plenty of footwork on the Ahab punchy up hills, I rode very conservative due to being solo.
Still so MUCH fun.
Did I mention that my bike rocks?

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
I have built a few hundred wheels over a 35 year bike nerd career, it is by far my favorite bike related activity (outside of riding or building trail).
I too have 20 year old wheels still going strong, which maybe means I don't ride them enough!

Last edited:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I have built a few hundred wheels over a 35 year bike nerd career, it is by far my favorite bike related activity (outside of riding or building trail).
I too have 20 year old wheels still going strong, which maybe means I don't ride them enough!
When did you stop being a bike nerd?

skibunny24

Enthusiastic Receiver of Reputation
Jun 16, 2010
Renton, WA
CCC824FF-BE64-4847-919A-A3C8BA7173AF.jpeg
Rode my bike in the woods today. So awesome to have “my” trail that I know every turn and bump on, and then “my other” trail that has the sharpest turns I am still working to perfect after years of practice. It was a very satisfying ride.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Well, Hymasa/Pothole Arch/cap'n Ahab was ridden today. There was plenty of footwork on the Ahab punchy up hills, I rode very conservative due to being solo.
Still so MUCH fun.
Did I mention that my bike rocks?
Did you do an out-n-back on Pothole and skip Rockstacker? You should go back and do Hymasa/Rockstacker/Jackson's.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
woodworking monkies, how square is square enough?
As square as you can get it, but I come from the high end milling machine world and I cringe when things don't have three zeros after the decimal point when it comes to a tolerance (at least in inches).

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Yes, I had 'unfinished business' on Ahab. That was enough for me today.
My shuttle is at 10:30, I don't know how far up I am going...
I made the mistake of doing Ahab at the *end* of Amasa -> Pothole -> Rockstacker -> Ahab. I was expecting Ahab to be all DH... which it wasn't. :dead:

Next time I'll do it right - Hymasa -> Ahab -> Hymasa -> Rockstacker -> Jackson's.

roflbox

roflborx
Jan 23, 2017
Raleigh, NC
The table saw? Squaring the fence to the saw or the saw to the table?
I think the fence is setup pretty well, but I think I need to check the parallelism of the blade to the miter slots. And I need to adjust the 90 degree stop on the saw, I think it is somewhere around 89.5 or so.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I think the fence is setup pretty well, but I think I need to check the parallelism of the blade to the miter slots. And I need to adjust the 90 degree stop on the saw, I think it is somewhere around 89.5 or so.
Check for run-out in the blade, if there is any align to the mid point between the high and low spots.

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
Wifey reminded me of when we used to ride Porcupine as a loop.
Who the fuck does that anymore?
Granted, it wasn't TWE, which our local racing hotshot has done as a loop, with Burro included.