Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
got an express lane violation notice in the mail. I have a freaking transponder, checked my account, yep it got billed for the toll at that time. sent them back a copy of my account statement along with a wtf letter. pain in the ass

rained last night but supposed to be sunny today then wet slop and windy for the rest of the week. indoor gym time has commenced

Moar Coffee plz

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Meh. A cold, wet and humid morning. I suspect tonight's group ride will be a shit show on off-camber rocks and roots, good!
Also, patiently awaiting arrival of official 64bit binaries of Firefox 57, I liked the Quantum Beta a lot. :nerd:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I love arriving at work, finding emails that resemble "hello, we have a management meeting tomorrow and would appreciate if you could build this automated process to get a certain report to work and if you could have it done by the end of today, that'd be great".

This bothers me for two reasons; 1. chances are there is currently no way to get that data (and no one knows exactly what data they are really looking for) and I most likely won't get it done today and 2. they probably won't even use this stuff after tomorrow, so why bother.....

Anyways! Enough with that FTS work crap, tonight I'm planning on rolling down the street on a bike to drink beers at a buddies house. We have another buddy who purchased two phat used bikes and we're going to swap the parts on them. One of them has bar ends. :twitch:

:cheers:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Tore down my Turner last night to harvest the parts for the frame arriving tomorrow. Surprisingly emotional kinda moment, that bike has been with me for over 10 years, I've ridden anything from 24 hour races to downhilling in Canada. Rode at Monkeyfests at the Kingdom Trails and here in CO. It's touched dirt in 6 states and 2 countries, been over 12K feet and tires have kissed the ocean. Seen 4 suspension forks, been my vice during failed relationships, and burned through more tires and miles than I can count. It won't be going away for good, I couldn't sell it, but at the same time the lack of appropriate 1 1/8" steerer forks out there means it may have seen its last hurrah. It's like saying goodbye to a great friend. :(

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Think I need to duck out of work early today and ride my bike in the woods. I have a longer window of time before I have to pick up my daughter tonight, so I will need to put it to good use. What better use than riding frozen forest dirt?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

One of my projects seems to be locked in a blame-game. You know who wins in that situation? Nobody.

Drank a sixer of cider last night, and just pooted my way back to the house through the air - no driving required.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Another grey and pissy day today. Meeting an ex-coworker for beers tonight to talk about the sh!tshow that is the current situation. I need to set the trainer up and spin tonight, but I doubt I will after beers. Maybe tomorrow.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
In the Houston airport. We have a 6 hour layover in Denver, any reccos of the cheapest way to get into town and do something?
A train to Union Station - train station is underneath the hotel at the one end of the main terminal.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
In the Houston airport. We have a 6 hour layover in Denver, any reccos of the cheapest way to get into town and do something?
Ehh....Not really. DIA is actually a fair bit from the city. The train from the airport into town is pretty new and I've not ridden it, so I couldn't say how much time you would need just to get to/from anywhere. If you're hungry, I actually really like Pour La France! You're flying United, yes? If you are it's in Terminal B, just to the west of the escalators.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Wifey hurts my brain. She needs to get a physical for our healthcare benefit at work. She has known this for 6 months and I have told her repeatedly to get it and she hasn't. She called our normal physician that we only go to for physicals, flu shots, and misc hurt myself's and they aren't available until 12/22. Baby due is 12/15, she will be having a c-section. She will barely be able to move for 2 weeks. Does she look for another Dr? No. Too much effort and she's comfortable with our current Dr. who is realistically a new PA every time we go there. :facepalm:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Wifey hurts my brain. She needs to get a physical for our healthcare benefit at work. She has known this for 6 months and I have told her repeatedly to get it and she hasn't. She called our normal physician that we only go to for physicals, flu shots, and misc hurt myself's and they aren't available until 12/22. Baby due is 12/15, she will be having a c-section. She will barely be able to move for 2 weeks. Does she look for another Dr? No. Too much effort and she's comfortable with our current Dr. who is realistically a new PA every time we go there. :facepalm:
Sounds about right. :homer:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
figured out why all my coworkers are weird. none of them are from Boulder & most are Denver folks. :/

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Follow up appointment with the hand surgeon today. He is "at a loss" to why my fucking hand is all swollen and doesn't work. Thanks for the help dick, enjoy the boat payment.