Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hello all. Didn’t sleep great. Riding in to work in a bit.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
You guys talking about Thai food yesterday inspired me to go home and make some. Made some Drunken Noodles for the first time. Damn tasty.

Cold out today, which means the trails will be stellar for riding on tonight. Let's countdown this clock.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Hope everyone made it through Monday in one piece. Our dryer has stopped heating, so I'll need to pull that thing apart and see if the heating element or fuse has left this world. Hooray.

Had a handful of M&M's left from a big ass bag I bought last week, sitting here on my desk and just finished them off...the only thing that did, was make me want more M&Ms.

Alright....let's get this day started. After coffee.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Did a wee bit of automotive wiring last night then crushed a nice bowl of chili over elbow macaroni. Mmm.

Have 19 compliance training modules to do. WTF?! I can't tell you how much time I waste doing those things...

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I do like 90% of the cooking in our house but Wife likes to pack us salad for lunch. For whatever reason she felt I needed a 20 pound salad yesterday. I am kind of impressed she was able to cram that much salad into a Ziplock container.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

My resume got a lot of initial interest, but has seemed to cool a bit. I know yesterday went as well as it could have and if someone else is better/cheaper, good on them. It would be a pretty cool job and while the day to day isn't too much different, the subject matter is entirely new. Well, the complexity is similar to healthcare and they are using Java with AWS, so that is pretty standard, but the application matter is different. Research grant proposal management, hmmm.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
that is some high grade lizard wizardry
As a software engineer, many of the technologies are the same across industries, and while I have worked in a variety of industries, research grant proposal management is a new one for me. This company seems to be well placed in this industry, so that is encouraging. There was zero information in the job description when I applied, it was as boilerplate as I have ever seen. No mentions of environment, technology stack, systems used, because there are a few different ones and they are looking for someone with all the things.

On a lighter note, I am on the last mission in the main storyline (Deathwish) of GTA5, so I should have that wrapped up today. :rofl:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Tonight I shall go biking, because it looks like the weather is about to shit the bed, again.

It was -18 this morning. Tomorrow it will be above freezing and again on Thursday, with some rain in the forecast. Then a dip before more warm temperatures. Come on man.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
And if a blender is involved you should just retire from life cause you're fucking it all up

I find the Kirkland brand TP to be quite good. My sensitive butt cheeks approve.
This. On both counts.

I think the initial assumption that the product is "generic" and "shitty" is what's misplaced. Kirkland brand stuff is generally pretty damned good.

Especially the real maple syrup. :homer:

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
If shitty tequila is good in a margarita, then you are making your margaritas wrong.

A good marg should be at least 50% tequila and it should taste like tequila and not really sweet glass of capri sun.
I worked for about 7 months in Davis CA and got very comfy in Tres Hermanes, a little mexican joint by the tracks, eating there 3-4 times a week. Their margs were 1/2 glass of Espolon blanco, a splash of agave nectar and then they'd just squeeze limes until the glass was full. The food was fair, but it never seemed to matter.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
you aint gonna find real syrup there. or a decent meal.
the last thing i need as far as what cullinary delights to eat is criticism from bong shed pros who will chow down on gas station chilli cheese dogs....:D

real maple syrup....hit or miss...