Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Hot damn last night was rough. Got home, sat down to dinner with friends, and part way through the world just started spinning. Spent the next few hours curled up on the bathroom floor toeing that fine line between shitting myself and vomiting. No idea why, but I managed to crawl out ~8:30 and directly into bed.

Here's to hoping today goes better!

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning!

Hot damn last night was rough. Got home, sat down to dinner with friends, and part way through the world just started spinning. Spent the next few hours curled up on the bathroom floor toeing that fine line between shitting myself and vomiting. No idea why, but I managed to crawl out ~8:30 and directly into bed.

Here's to hoping today goes better!
Sounds like early pregnancy? :think:

Morning! I don't know why I bother coming to the office anymore but here I am. I'd rather be sessioning Losin-J on an e-fat-enduro trike. :twitch:

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
do i drive to dc today for eathless/kikagaku moyo only to drive back home in snow storm to get to asheville to see dead meadow/dallas acid on weds night.....

should i trust a weatherman?

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

Drizzly ride in today...all cars participating in said commute were on their best behavior. 4 more days left here, and many folks have "consciously de-coupled" from interactions with me - not in a malicious way, just one of those "..Well, you're not going to be here anymore, so I need to start adjusting to your absence" kind of ways....that's so cute...

Drank a little Scotch and picked some tunes last night with the fellas - scotch was a ten year lowland Ardbeg that tasted much better than its mild decade of incarceration in a barrel would suggest. I've really been into building these wood cajon drums lately, so I brought a few of them to the session and they sounded really good mic'ed up.

Just frittering away the day...if you need me, I'll call you.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
In other news, I really need to drop my bike off at the shop to get a warranty fix on the SRAM brake that is pretty much swollen to the point that it doesn't function.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
:wave:

Espresso = on point today. It's all downhill from here.
Are you on the correct bike for that ride?

Drank a little Scotch and picked some tunes last night with the fellas
I assume this was in the middle of the office from the jar in your top drawer. I mean, what are you going to do? Fire you?

EDIT: 1000th message.

Last edited:

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
drove in to work today. with the fatbike in the trunk. the plan is to take advantage of the bluebird day, and high of 32 freedom units at lunch. I have not attempted a lunch-loop escapade from work yet, but I'm a little bit closer to the trails here, so I figured why not give it a try.

It's busy at work though, so I better get on it.

oh, and I also discovered it is not faster to drive to work than to ride. I got here at precisely the same time. I even saw a colleague ride by my place just as I was leaving, and we got to the office at the same time. That's kind of comforting.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
drove in to work today. with the fatbike in the trunk. the plan is to take advantage of the bluebird day, and high of 32 freedom units at lunch. I have not attempted a lunch-loop escapade from work yet, but I'm a little bit closer to the trails here, so I figured why not give it a try.

It's busy at work though, so I better get on it.

oh, and I also discovered it is not faster to drive to work than to ride. I got here at precisely the same time. I even saw a colleague ride by my place just as I was leaving, and we got to the office at the same time. That's kind of comforting.
I joked last week to my mom that SAE is called ‘Freedom Units’. Not sure she realized I was kidding cause she continued to use that terminology.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
We need a new emoji - buried under snow. :twitch:

you're just gonna have to pretend the tinfoil is snow for now . . . :tinfoil:

some big t-storms rolled through last night, but sun's peeking through now. got the one meeting on my calendar done, so the rest of the day is for me to decide how i want to spend my time . . . i don't know if i can handle the freedum!

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I was dressed just about perfectly for my spin into work.

Skiing tomorrow, although I think all the powder stashes will be gone... instead of chasing phantom powder at Mary Jane for a $79 voucher I think I'll ski on-pass and try Keystone.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
<snip>
Skiing tomorrow, although I think all the powder stashes will be gone...
Front Range: powder stashes gone by 11am, even on a weekday. :disgust1:
instead of chasing phantom powder at Mary Jane for a $79 voucher I think I'll ski on-pass and try Keystone.
This, sir, is a mistake. Because Keystone. Do yourself a huge favor and stop prior to Keystone and ski A-Basin if you must stay on-pass...

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Front Range: powder stashes gone by 11am, even on a weekday. :disgust1:

This, sir, is a mistake. Because Keystone. Do yourself a huge favor and stop prior to Keystone and ski A-Basin if you must stay on-pass...
i'd say he should go deeper into the mountains, but i doubt his electric car can go that far.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I loathe slow lifts, though. Keystone is the last Colorado Epic Pass destination that I haven't hit up. I'm prepared for a day of groomers.

i'd say he should go deeper into the mountains, but i doubt his electric car can go that far.
I sold the can't-quite-get-to-Vail electric car nearly a month ago. I'll be cruising to the mountains in a Chrysler 300 or equivalent via my local Hertz.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Steamboat is sure to have some stashes left...
I loathe slow lifts, though. Keystone is the last Colorado Epic Pass destination that I haven't hit up. I'm prepared for a day of groomers.
Goes to Keystone during Spring Break. :disgust1:

Afterwards - wishes he'd heeded SS's advice.

:D

Srsly, though - *IF* you end up going to Keystone... avoid the groomers at all costs. It's the only way to make Keystone NOT a shitshow.

Last edited:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Up late studying for CFP again last night. This will be my life for the next 2 years, but I have a test for an interim accreditation in mid-June, so extra ramp-up now. This shit is dense and I hate statistics.