Quantcast

***Tuesderp GMT***

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Morning! The struggle is real. Trying to focus on work while having moar DH on my mind. After an awful weekend weather wise, the sun is finally out. WTF @FSM? :disgust1:
Wife is coming home from her Eurotrip tonight, back to the original programming we shall go!

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Morning!

Home inspection took place Sunday and we got the inspection objections list yesterday. HVAC service, chimney sweep, and an electrician to replace a breaker. Super, super happy with that list, I had visions of much worse dancing through my head.

I'm off today as well and will be through next Wednesday. Gonna pack up the bikes in a few and taking the wife for her first foray at Buff Creek. Gonna see if I can make a proper mountain biker outta her. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Supposed to be shopping for flights to France this summer with the family. :blink: this gonna be painful to the wallet. My wife is not keen on going (because of mother-in-law issues). I'm not keen on going (because of mother-wife issues). ugh. And I have to find something to do for that third week. what the hell is there to do in France for an entire week with a family? that country sucks. :tinfoil:

anyways... in the pod farm again today. a few things on my plate but not too bad. It's beautiful and sunny out. almost makes me want to take a long lunch and go for a ride... Commute in was fun. They're repairing the road for part of it. At the bottom of a hill. There's a 2-foot cut across the street. the guys were unloading ashphalt into it. Instead of slowing down, I decided to huck it. got cheers from the construction guys! Then there's a natural kicker a little farther down the path where two trails meet. I sent that one full pull too! Aired it out in front of two grannies. Then there's a little natural cliff band you can slowly inch your way down. Then there's a stair gap that I buttered for the first time (the stairs are long, usually I clip the last stair - not this time. I think I may even have tweaked the rear wheel out a little).

One thing's for sure: the Kona Humu sure encourages hooliganism. :rockout: I was thinking of selling this bike because I already have a commuter, but I think it's too fun to pass along.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

At least it ain't Monday. 3 days off was nice, took the pooch disc golfing, what a disaster (my disc abilities, pooch was awesome). Wife took me to Fogo De Chao for half off Vets. She thought I was crazy for fasting a day before. Silly girl. :rofl:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Supposed to be shopping for flights to France this summer with the family. :blink: this gonna be painful to the wallet. My wife is not keen on going (because of mother-in-law issues). I'm not keen on going (because of mother-wife issues). ugh. And I have to find something to do for that third week. what the hell is there to do in France for an entire week with a family? that country sucks. :tinfoil:

anyways... in the pod farm again today. a few things on my plate but not too bad. It's beautiful and sunny out. almost makes me want to take a long lunch and go for a ride... Commute in was fun. They're repairing the road for part of it. At the bottom of a hill. There's a 2-foot cut across the street. the guys were unloading ashphalt into it. Instead of slowing down, I decided to huck it. got cheers from the construction guys! Then there's a natural kicker a little farther down the path where two trails meet. I sent that one full pull too! Aired it out in front of two grannies. Then there's a little natural cliff band you can slowly inch your way down. Then there's a stair gap that I buttered for the first time (the stairs are long, usually I clip the last stair - not this time. I think I may even have tweaked the rear wheel out a little).

One thing's for sure: the Kona Humu sure encourages hooliganism. :rockout: I was thinking of selling this bike because I already have a commuter, but I think it's too fun to pass along.
Go to Germany. :D

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
Go to Germany. :D
Ach. Language barrier. I speak three languages, I figure it's best to take advantage of the three I know well. (FR, EN, ESP) That said, I will be visiting family in Les Gets. I had half thought about Italy to be honest... I've never been. And part of my ancestry is from the Aosta region, so would be cool to check that out. Part of my wife's ancestry is from the Genoa area, so thought it would be cool to check that out too. She doesn't seem so keen on that, which is kinda baffling to me - there's a village that bears her last name! (there's also a village that bears my maternal grandfather's last name too... would be cool to check out IMO)

but, at the moment, I'm thinking of the Cathar Castles, and caves in the Massif central.... kids should like that!

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
come to think of it, I wonder when Crankworks is there... hmmm

edited to add: damn, I'll be 5 weeks late. :homer:
Or 47 weeks early if you are an optimist.

But just FYI, my wife and I spent a week touring Bavaria a few years back and not only did we not have any issues with the language barrier (me = English only, her = English, French, Italian and Spanish), but the Germans were far less condescending and accommodating about speaking English than the French.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!

It's a rainy day out there again....we drove home from the coast yesterday in 3 hours of heavy downpour and snail-pace traffic. Other than that, it was an awesome weekend - I drug everyone around on the tube out on the water all day long, we had plenty of soft shell crab to grub on, and the cold tops were....well, cold. We are now back to reality....which, if I may make an observation, sucks.

Sandro

Terrified of Cucumbers
Nov 12, 2006
The old world
edited to add: damn, I'll be 5 weeks late. :homer:
If you are going in August, most German states and the entirety of France will be on holiday as well and they'll be clogging up all the traditional vacation spots. So Adventerous' suggestion of going to places that appear less fancy on paper such as Germany is probably a good one.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
yawn ... F this work business!

Long weekend spent riding Angel Fire bike park and trail riding above Taos. I'd never been down there before. Holy smokes AF is teh gnarz. There is nothing like riding the big bike on proper downhill trails. Steep, fast as balls, rocks roots holes and drops. Not the most gentle of 1st weekends of DH for the season, but yea, moar, please. If you get a chance to ride down there, do it.

The trail riding is beautiful as well, but by yesterday I was shelled. 2,300' climb through the most silent forest I've ridden in years.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
everything is confusing as af today for some reason. being inside does not suit me right now.

slept here friday night.

Hiked here Saturday.

My lady ran a 10k yesterday. HUng at the creek & then binged Hell on wheels.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
lol bossman rejected my vacation request from August 10-20th and said to resubmit it for 11-20th.

Just snuck one in and requested August 11-21st, which got approved. Woot.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
This makes me sad.

We're gonna get banned from the woods some day. :(
the trash we hauled out that wasnt ours, plus the two abandoned campfires still smoldering we put out & all the wooks & clueless families we saw....it may not be a bad idea.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Howdy all. On service with shitheel co-worker who has been MIA for much of the morning. Meh. Just have to hang on until October.