Quantcast

&^#&%$#& tuesderrr gmt$^$^$#^$#

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Sun baked & tired as hell. taught all weekend and skied, still recovering.
Woke to snow...three days late. :/

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
Damnit...Camping world didn't tighten the drain cover enough on my trailer.. All of my water leaked out on the drive.(and the left the anode out) Should have double checked it, though.that won't happen again.
As in, won't be bringing it to cw again as well.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
We have jacket weather in the morning and t-shirt or heat stroke weather in the afternoon. Are there any good places to ride near NASNI/ Coronado?

rose canyon would be closest, but i havent ridden there in 20 years. So no, if you gotta stay close to coronado, just ride around it and take the ferry to downtown and see the seaport village and ride up to balboa park, go see the suspension bridge. There is the big laguna loop and noble canyon in the mountains but that is an hour east.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
How much did you have to bribe someone? After several weeks of attempting to reserve a fire lookout on recreation.gov as a surprise for my wife I've given up for now.
you have to plan 6 months in advance....i knew i was going to be in montana from sept 19th thru around oct 1st.....i made a list of all the lookouts that would be available to rent....checked for availability....gem peak was one of three that i was looking at...today is 3/27....checked last night and this morning...it was available....reserved it at 10:00 am est when rec.gov lets you start making reservations....

which one are you trying to book?

edit: i think you said you live near squaw peak....here is a screen shot of the availability six months out from today...

so it is booked thru the 9/29......if you wanted to book that sunday....check the site on the morning of 3/30 before 10:00 am eastern time....have the page ready to hit book now at 10.

squaw mountain is open year round if you want to go on a winter vacation....but it can be windy as shit....

Last edited:

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Checking in, voluntold participant in week #2 of this conference.

Ordered an XT front brake last night to replace the swollen and locked up Guide that came on my Yeti. I’ll eventually submit for warranty but Moab is next week and I don’t wanna fiddle with it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
I hate people that want to loop when there are only 2 people. Just split.each take a side. It's not that fucking hard. Some people's children.
Fortunately at my monocle pool, splitting is the worst I ever have to do. I swim at a private high school and it's too damn expensive for any riff raff to swim there.

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
Floating down the whiskey river...
rose canyon would be closest, but i havent ridden there in 20 years. So no, if you gotta stay close to coronado, just ride around it and take the ferry to downtown and see the seaport village and ride up to balboa park, go see the suspension bridge. There is the big laguna loop and noble canyon in the mountains but that is an hour east.
Thanks. I'll be in San Diego next month for 6 days, but can't stray far.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
so it is booked thru the 9/29......if you wanted to book that sunday....check the site on the morning of 3/30 before 10:00 am eastern time....have the page ready to hit book now at 10.

squaw mountain is open year round if you want to go on a winter vacation....but it can be windy as shit....
Oh absolutely, I was hovering for a few weeks every time booking came open for 6 months out, but it would be gone before you could even try to reserve it.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Just got the "let's meet in the office" schedule request for tomorrow. Have a feeling it's for not enough touches... Upper mgmt wants X volume; quality be damned. I do Y volume (which is X-40%); best quality and downstream numbers reflect it. Already got one fire across the bow about it.

It's like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing. Best performing person > promote! Our overall sales are hitting because our goals are too high! Who isn't touching enough > Yell!

rideit

Bob the Builder
Aug 24, 2004
In the cleavage of the Tetons
So, two hours and twelve miles pushed kiddo almost to the breaking point. He was NOT having fun. But he is all watered and fed now, and is proud that he finished. Not that he had a choice. Off to Fruita now...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
So, two hours and twelve miles pushed kiddo almost to the breaking point. He was NOT having fun. But he is all watered and fed now, and is proud that he finished. Not that he had a choice. Off to Fruita now...
How old? Remember some snacks. :D

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
You work in dentistry?
No, but my boss makes bank. He was looking for a DH bikes, wanted that bike and Quintin was selling his at the right price so my boss drove to up to Colorado to buy it. Doubt it will ever get ridden exactly like it was in the pics again. My boss is not a spring chicken anymore but is still in great shape. He got 4 stiches from a crash last weekend though.

junkyard

You might feel a little prick.
Sep 1, 2015
San Diego
Thanks. I'll be in San Diego next month for 6 days, but can't stray far.
right on, you can also ride south on the silver strand and there is paths around the estuary and Imperial Beach. Ive never done it, but how bad could it be. I would say lets go ride. But I live out in eastern san diego and I try to avoid down town/traffic/beach stuff.

Montana rider

Turbo Monkey
Mar 14, 2005
Oh absolutely, I was hovering for a few weeks every time booking came open for 6 months out, but it would be gone before you could even try to reserve it.
I was flailing with reservations in Fish Creek and Many Glacier this spring, so set up browsers on 3 laptops and a cell phone to 4 different campsites, and got the family inline to start clicking at 7:59:59 MT -- and was lucky enough to get 1.

That was 4 sites and your inventory is but 1, but worth a shot...

KenW449

Thanos did nothing wrong
Jun 13, 2017
right on, you can also ride south on the silver strand and there is paths around the estuary and Imperial Beach. Ive never done it, but how bad could it be. I would say lets go ride. But I live out in eastern san diego and I try to avoid down town/traffic/beach stuff.
Don't blame ya there. Probably won't end up bringing the bike because I won't have much time to travel around while im there.