Quantcast

Tufo tubular clinchers

chriskaiser

Monkey
Jul 26, 2004
Toronto
I am just curious if any of you have tried, or know anything good or bad about the Tufo tubular clincher tyres.

They seem really cool, I would love to try some out on my road bike once the weather is nice.

Have any of you used them?

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I have 5 pairs of Tufo Tc's. 4 pair of different cross sizes, compounds and tread patterns, and a pair of S3 tc's for my road race wheels. I like 'em alot!

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I was not sure that price list was for the tubular clinchers or regular tubular tires since they seem to offer both...

At any rate I do beleive I will try a set to see how they perform.

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
I looked at those, but I don't want to take a whole tire with me in case I hit some glass.

When is road tubeless coming out? Dammit, they were using it at the tour last year...

Gambo

Monkey
You can ride the tufo TC flat! The sealent filled a slit that would of killed a normal tire , I made it home but the tire was toast. Tufo told me at the show that there will be a patch for the out side of the tire comming soon if thay are already out. I dont carry a spare tire but I do carry a spare tube of sealent a pump and a CO2. I saw the road tubeless at the show. If you get a flat or a blow out you go right on the rim. With the tufo the tire it will stay on and it will stay between the rim and the road so you can ride out a flat with not to much trubble. I love running them at 220psi for time trials. :)

jon cross

Monkey
Jan 27, 2004
Banner Elk, NC
I rode them on the CX bike. I was pissed at first- I ordered Tubulars and was sent the TC's, but needed them for a race immediately. They shut me right up- they work as well as a tubular without the glue. I wouldn't train on them, or normal tubulars for that matter, but they are the end all for racing.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
I love tc's for training. The base model tufo's are incredibly dirt cheap, and if you run sealent in them you just don't get flats. I have a spare tire I keep in the seat bag incase of severe emergencies. I've never flatted a Tufo, ever, in 10 years. Tubulars and TC's don't readily pinch, and sealent keeps the rest of the punctures out.

I also have a set of the TC mtb tires that I haven't used yet as I got them in the middle of the winter. I'm not sure when or where I'll use them, as they are pretty slick. Probally see some STXC use this year i'd guess.