Quantcast

turdsday gfmt

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
:wave: dumping snow here. maybe 8-9" so far, and it's supposed to snow all day, maybe bring another foot or so. Highway into the mountains is closed, as are the passes. That's it for weather and traffic, back to you and the headlines, Brock.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Snowpocalypse '24 well underway.

Neighborhood plow is stuck and blade not working properly. Not sure my snowblower can clear a mile of road when it's supposed to continue dropping inches per hour all day.

Send breakfast cereal and milk.

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Had a good two hour in the gym yesterday. Now I just need some spring to get some real miles on the bike.

Hope you guys have an amazing Thursday in the bong shed or where ever you hang out!

Jozz

Joe Dalton
Apr 18, 2002
SADL
:wave: dumping snow here. maybe 8-9" so far, and it's supposed to snow all day, maybe bring another foot or so. Highway into the mountains is closed, as are the passes. That's it for weather and traffic, back to you and the headlines, Brock.
Snowpocalypse '24 well underway.

Neighborhood plow is stuck and blade not working properly. Not sure my snowblower can clear a mile of road when it's supposed to continue dropping inches per hour all day.

Send breakfast cereal and milk.
Hope you don't kidwoo'd.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Hope you don't kidwoo'd.
@Nick is down on the Kansas border, the city will plow his road eventually :D. We're 1800ft higher up and our roads have to be plowed by us as the county doesn't cover them. Likely will need a back hoe to dig out if we can't get it running again this morning ASAP.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Oh frig man, didn't even get done pouring my coffee here at work, before someone dragged me to their desk to explain their life problems.

I gladly listened, but my brain is still turned off so we'll see how much is retained.

:wave:

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Working at production facility today. Which means I ain't doing a goddam thing but leaving early.
Trying to update some computers that need manual updating but the rednecks hard reboot the computers when they see them with "Updating..." on the screen. I have to physically protect the computer from these F 150 driving Yeti cooler owning yokels to update it.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
WFH day and trying to be as non-productive as possible. I ran 9 hilly miles before logging into work and will climb onto the KICKR later for an hour of pedaling to nowhere.

It's going to be 70 degrees today. It is still winter ffs.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Trying to update some computers that need manual updating but the rednecks hard reboot the computers when they see them with "Updating..." on the screen. I have to physically protect the computer from these F 150 driving Yeti cooler owning yokels to update it.
Bro.

They just unplug them here.

A few of the plants I help with have hundreds of displays all through them showing production data. The local IT team will get verbally accosted if they're off. The amount of times thats happened and the root cause was some dillhole unplugging the TV and computer, to plug in their phone is out of this world. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Or one time one of the managers reported that a TV was off. Achtually, no, its not off. Its broken. One of you bright thinkers pointed the exhaust fan from machine at the it. And now looks like the ghostbuster shot it up with their ecto plasma.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
Bro.

They just unplug them here.

A few of the plants I help with have hundreds of displays all through them showing production data. The local IT team will get verbally accosted if they're off. The amount of times thats happened and the root cause was some dillhole unplugging the TV and computer, to plug in their phone is out of this world. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Or one time one of the managers reported that a TV was off. Achtually, no, its not off. Its broken. One of you bright thinkers pointed the exhaust fan from machine at the it. And now looks like the ghostbuster shot it up with their ecto plasma.
I did a large UPS rebuild last week. They had requested the rebuild on a used unit being installed, so I got the info and I ordered everything and had it delivered onsite. I arrive and watch them struggle to move the last 180 lb external pack into the building. Then I pulled 160 lbs of dead leaking batteries (4x40) out of each one and tell them to dispose of them. They been moving 640 lbs of lead around for no reason for God knows how far.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
I did a large UPS rebuild last week. They had requested the rebuild on a used unit being installed, so I got the info and I ordered everything and had it delivered onsite. I arrive and watch them struggle to move the last 180 lb external pack into the building. Then I pulled 160 lbs of dead leaking batteries (4x40) out of each one and tell them to dispose of them. They been moving 640 lbs of lead around for no reason for God knows how far.
So they pay for your labor (whether as contractor or as employee wages, don't matter), the cost of rebuilding, moving etc etc

vs how much for a new UPS with warranty? :rofl:

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Close to 18" of snow already and still coming down. School is closed. My interview is at 9am. I have meetings almost all day long, so the girls will be doing shoveling.

eaterofdog

ass grabber
Sep 8, 2006
Central Florida
So they pay for your labor (whether as contractor or as employee wages, don't matter), the cost of rebuilding, moving etc etc

vs how much for a new UPS with warranty? :rofl:
Oh we are cheap as fuck until it blows up in our face THEN money is no object. Purely reactive. I just maintain my paper trail so it's never me.

Sandwich

Pig my fish!
Staff member
May 23, 2002
borcester rhymes
Hi. I'm here. Trying to think positively about the new role and realize the commute isn't that bad...then a couple of people cut me off in traffic and a couple more nosepickers later and it's not working. Zero motivation to exercise nor ride, but the weather still sucks too.

In better news, my kid won her basketball game against the number 1 seed in the mini playoffs, so she's moving to the championship. Kind of proud of her, she loves the sport.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Jealous of all the Frangers getting feet of snow, there’s barely 6” at my house and only half that up on the pass. Guess I can skip playing hooky this afternoon for some powder turns, it’s not even worth it.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Jealous of all the Frangers getting feet of snow, there’s barely 6” at my house and only half that up on the pass. Guess I can skip playing hooky this afternoon for some powder turns, it’s not even worth it.
:wave:

ZOMG SNOWMAGEDDON! Deepest inch of snow the Springs has ever seen. :rofl:
Thigh high here and our plow blade ain't working properly and it's stranded at the bottom of the biggest hill in our 'hood. I just spent 2 1/2hrs with the snowblower clearing the hill below our house so that the plow can be driven up it. Now it's still just sitting there at the bottom still while the snow fills in all my hard work as there's a severe lack of neighborhood participation in snow clearing.

gonefirefightin

free wieners
Sunny and 70's for the next few days, crud is starting to dissipate, flem is breaking up, aching is nearly gone, throat soreness is getting better every 8 hours. Looks like I will survive.

Waiting to hear back from caterpillar to see what they have available to rent this weekend that wont require a load permit.

In other news, offshore salmon season starts friday, not sure I will be ready

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Changed my flight

Had to change flights multiple times but now flying out of Eagle through SFO so now just at the mercy of normal airline chaos and not the storm of the century of the week.
SMRT, as you weren't going to get to DEN anytime today.

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Spent the last 1.5 days reading legal documents because my boss said "Legal team has no info". (yes really). Asked the legal team since I don't want to give legal opinions to the board and look like a moron or us getting into regulatory issues. Ofc the legal team has all the info we need in a nice spreadsheet with comps of different legal frameworks

I love when my boss assumes our department needs to do every job even when it's up to other departments to do it. Yay.

I am also waiting to get shit talked for talking to legal not through my boss since "we are a corporation" (she never worked at one) so she wants me to go through her even when the toilet paper runs out in the office toilet.

Last edited: