Quantcast

!!!Turdsday GMT!!!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Morning folks.

For the third time a fellow coworker has developed some kind of "personal problem" and will need to bail on a project I am working with him on. I will once again be screwed. I hope everything is OK, but I suspect there is no problem. Last two times the excuses were either trivial and one was a lie. Good engineer but not trustworthy. I think I would rather work with an idiot I could trust.

Once again the cable guy visited my neighborhood and my internet/cable stopped working. Last time they disconnected me accidentally, pretty sure the same happened again.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Howdy.

Was asked to come in early today to setup some equipment for a visiting customer. So I do my part and get here early, only for them to tell me that it isn't needed. Yay, leaving early.

In other news, holy crap does the Canadian dollar ever suck right now.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Happy Thursday, friends on the internet. I rolled my wide load out of bed at 5:00 this morning to go run five miles in the dark, cold, and rain. I don't enjoy those runs but I do them anyway. It's like five minutes after you're done, you are freezing your nuts off.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Howdy.

Was asked to come in early today to setup some equipment for a visiting customer. So I do my part and get here early, only for them to tell me that it isn't needed. Yay, leaving early.

In other news, holy crap does the Canadian dollar ever suck right now.
Might have to look into stocking up on, uh...

hockey pucks?

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Happy Thursday, friends on the internet. I rolled my wide load out of bed at 5:00 this morning to go run five miles in the dark, cold, and rain. I don't enjoy those runs but I do them anyway. It's like five minutes after you're done, you are freezing your nuts off.
If you have been a good boy perhaps you will find this in your stocking on Christmas. Or perhaps it would be a Channukah miracle.

Happy Festivus!

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Don't worry, I am sure it's not you or anything. :happydance:
I have spent too much time thinking about this and have thought how I can improve the situation. In the end I think I, and the rest of my company, are basically enabling him. There is a chance that there are some deeper issues with this individual. Problems at home, substance abuse etc. I generally suspect the later. These incidents are usually precluded by strange behavior. He works remotely so all contact is by phone, hard to really tell.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
two more days until the roadtrip. As the holidays near the increase is drivers doing incredibly stupid moves is reaching a creshendo. I have seen more red lights run, illegal uturns, People speeding in the left lane then cutting across 5 lanes and a gore point to fly off an exit in the last week than I have all year.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
I have spent too much time thinking about this and have thought how I can improve the situation. In the end I think I, and the rest of my company, are basically enabling him. There is a chance that there are some deeper issues with this individual. Problems at home, substance abuse etc. I generally suspect the later. These incidents are usually precluded by strange behavior. He works remotely so all contact is by phone, hard to really tell.
I've worked with people who were smart yet who would completely fold and become beyond weird when expected to assume responsibility for high impact projects.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Good morning fat asses, enablers and pro poopers! Earlier this month I consulted my psycic friends and was informed 12 and 17 were significant numbers for me so today I am not going to work. Instead I am staying home and waiting for my ride monkey secret Santa delivery.

In other news, the Canadian dollar truly does suck, it's costing our local economy about 15% in goods and even more in services.

For breakfast I had fruitcake soaked in rum.

Later I will make split pea soup with some ham I received in the mail.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I've worked with people who were smart yet who would completely fold and become beyond weird when expected to assume responsibility for high impact projects.
As I go through the diarhea spray of emails that he sent out last night. It is clear that every one of his projects is a fucking disaster. He is a good engineer, but decided to take on a project management role so he could spent more time at home. He is a bad project manager.

This is going to suck.

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
I call them hand-wringers, ask them to confirm an analyze outcome and they are fine, ask them to predict an outcome in order to develop a course of action and they crumle. Higher ups think they're good for the project because the have a thorough understanding of results from previous projects.

Last edited:

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
I call them hand-wrigers, ask them to confirm an analyze outcome and they are fine, ask them to predict an outcome in order to develop a course of action and they crumle. Higher ups think they're good for the project because the have a thorough understanding of results from previous projects.
Then there are the people who are incapable of making decisions. They just want to facilitate meetings in an attempt to lead via committee, which usually ends up in making poor decisions that take weeks.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Then there are the people who are incapable of making decisions. They just want to facilitate meetings in an attempt to lead via committee, which usually ends up in making poor decisions that take weeks.
And then there are people who are very talented (like having a phenomenal memory or deep analytical understanding of a specific set of problems) and they are eager to make decisions, yet their decisions are 100% backwards, always making the wrong choice. I am often brought into clusterfucks caused by these geniuses and dealing with their hurt egos is as difficult as fixing their deeply entrenched mess.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Snow, snow, and more snow!!!! Did I mention snow? I went to a talk/slideshow/film about a ski mtn that was started in Kashmir. Pretty cool.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
So the range gauge on the M is not that accurate and the fuel intake is at the front of the tank. I ran out of gas 100ft from the gas station last night. On a slight hill, so I didn't make it. Ended up barely getting off the road into a relatively steep driveway pulling what remaining gas I had to the read of the tank killing the car immediately. Took two trips to the gas station to get enough gas to fill the tank enough to get fuel into the engine. Glad I didn't try to make it the 2 miles to Costco, as I would have dried up on the freeway.

Layla had a growth on her foot removed on Tuesday and thought it a good idea to chew off her bandage last night. She now wears the cone of shame.

Otherwise, still trying to find a bkie tray that can take a wheelbase greater than 48". Wookie bike is too long.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
So the range gauge on the M is not that accurate and the fuel intake is at the front of the tank. I ran out of gas 100ft from the gas station last night. On a slight hill, so I didn't make it. Ended up barely getting off the road into a relatively steep driveway pulling what remaining gas I had to the read of the tank killing the car immediately. Took two trips to the gas station to get enough gas to fill the tank enough to get fuel into the engine. Glad I didn't try to make it the 2 miles to Costco, as I would have dried up on the freeway.

Layla had a growth on her foot removed on Tuesday and thought it a good idea to chew off her bandage last night. She now wears the cone of shame.

Otherwise, still trying to find a bkie tray that can take a wheelbase greater than 48". Wookie bike is too long.

///MLOL

What kind of tray to you have? Most of them have some kind of channel used to bolt them to the cross bars. You could cut your tray in half, make up a simple extender that spans the required gap. Would be little more than a sturdy piece of your favorite metal with 4 holes drilled and required bolts. Hell you could drill through the tray for more sturdiness for that matter.

May not satisfy your aesthetic requirements but would be a strong and cheap solution.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Vacation day tomorrow. The wife and I are headed to San Fran for the weekend. Just need to make it through today without verbally assaulting any co-workers.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:
Soon as I finish my coffee I will begin the process of determining if I should put on pants. I may, or may not, accomplish anything today.

:rofl:

Please never get rid of this car.

Heidi

Der hund ist laut und braun
Aug 22, 2001
Bend, Oregon
Vacation day tomorrow. The wife and I are headed to San Fran for the weekend. Just need to make it through today without verbally assaulting any co-workers.
Man, I really got be more serious about planning a trip to San Fran...Derek has never been and it's been at least a decade for me.

kazlx

Patches O'Houlihan
Aug 7, 2006
Tustin, CA
Man, I really got be more serious about planning a trip to San Fran...Derek has never been and it's been at least a decade for me.
No matter how many times I go, I can't skip the Alcatraz tour. SF is just a fun trip around Christmas time.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
Not sure whether I'm an enabler or a pro pooper. Really just depends on the time of day and the situation, I guess.

10yo to the Dr. this AM - got a prescription for Singulair to hopefully help w/allergies/asthma. We'll see. About to go to lunch, which will definitely include beer. In the planning phase for future exhibitions and scouting out potential acquisitions.

Raining today, sunny tomorrow. Dirt's gonna be great for a planned day of trailwork!

Trying to decide when the best time to return my fox fjork for creaking csu replacement might be. Maybe post-holidays?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey @Toshi, is this akin to saying, if you get cancer, it's your own fault?
Westy, they reference and attempt to refute it. Here's the actual Nature study:

http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/vaop/ncurrent/full/nature16166.html

creshendo
Crescendo.

I ran out of gas 100ft from the gas station last night.
:rofl:

Please never get rid of this car.
This. Endless amusement.

I have nothing to report myself other than that my mortgage continues to creep through underwriting. Why do they put this shit off until the last minute?