Quantcast

### Turdsday GMT ###

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Oh yeah, feeling last nights spin session big time, my upper legs are fried from the out of the saddle work:cheers:

need to finish loading the camper this morning as we will need to head on down the road with the horse trailer in tow as soon as I get off work to try and reach the showgrounds before dark

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Today is my Monday. I shall drive in and give myself a rest. I'll even trim the beard since its section photo day.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys,

Up and at it early kinda goes against the concept of today, but stuff needs to get done.

Ever have to deal with this?
Person X: I need this tested
Me: Ok, how do you want it tested?
X: Isn't that YOUR job?
Me: Sort of. My job is to validate functions, standards and sometimes performance and/or load. So what sort of tests were you looking for? What are you trying to compare it to?
X: I just want to make sure it doesn't suck because it was really expensive.
Me: So what is your definition of "suck"?
X: Forget it.
Me: Already there, dude.

I tried to explain my frustrations in terms they might understand:
Me: I need you to run a race
X: What kind of race?
Me: The regular kind, how long would that take you?
X: How far is it?
Me: No idea, how far are they usually?
X I need to know how far it is before I can tell you how long it will take.
Me: YOUR the race runner, you should know this stuff.

/officespace

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Good commute ride last night and looking forward to it again this afternoon. I had bunny food for dinner, which is an abnormality to my diet. I probably need to make a bigger salad though, because I ate about 1000 calories of peanut butter for dessert. :thumbsdown:

Starting the planning to hopefully add the bike commute in to work to the regimen, I have some logistics to work out first. The Gary Fisher is way more comfortable than the Kona.

Someone please bring me two Pink Lady Apples. We seem to be out of them in Atlanta.

ICEBALL585

Bacontard
Sep 8, 2009
.:585:.
This rainy Spring is getting a little ridiculous. Water level in Lake Ontario is WAY above normal for this time of year. Many lakeside residents are getting close to having flooding issues. Weekend forecast is looking a little drier though so I'm thinking I'll try to hit up some trails with a few buddies.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Here. Didn't die on the ride home from work but the wind was really bag, like steady 20mph head and crosswinds. Haley was asking about going for a ride when I get home but it's supposed to rain today. She might be doing garage laps instead.
I did have cake for breakfast, which was nice.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
In the office today. Busy day of random stuff.

Its raining out here, which is good, as I had no plans to ride tonight.

stevew

resident influencer
Sep 21, 2001
offices....kill lists....life is rough.

forgot to see mr stanhope...

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
:wave:

Don't know how well I slept, but I did sleep in, which is a start. Dog walk and yard shit to accomplish before the rain rolls in. Meeting an old co-worker for lunch and beer(s). I bet you a shiny quarter this afternoon contains a nap.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Yuna and Mariko both slept all night. Not even once out of their beds even at bedtime. Winning. Such is my life that I'm reduced to small victories like these.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hey... don't forget small victories like not dying at Deer Creek! :D
True, no new scrapes or bruises. I think the maximum riding pleasure to pain ratio on there is to go from the bottom to just above the wall, and then ride down and go home. Too much grinding for both of the top loops for this slow grinder.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
True, no new scrapes or bruises. I think the maximum riding pleasure to pain ratio on there is to go from the bottom to just above the wall, and then ride down and go home. Too much grinding for both of the top loops for this slow grinder.
I hear you, but to climb all of that and not get the loop to the east is a cryin' shame.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
I hear you, but to climb all of that and not get the loop to the east is a cryin' shame.
You're also a fan of Red Mesa? (the one that cuts out to the right) I like that flowy descent and even bombing down the rocky doubletrack after the loop proper, but oh so much grinding on the way up...

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Snow forecast for later at our altitude, I guess no riding today.
Still sunny, early snow on the mountains in the distance has vanished so maybe the outside chance of a ride.

Bought a new DH frame last week - yay.
Discovered it was the wrong size on Sunday - boo.
Got my money back from the seller yesterday - yay.
Annoyed because it was a great deal and I loved the new frame - boo
Found something else I like from the bay area - yay.
Seller won't ship - boo.
Search continues.
Plan C for the new frame - ordered. Now the waiting for Purple/Brown Santa begins.

Also sounds like I should investigate Deer Creek riding soon.

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Morning.

Signed up for charity bike ride. Not sure if it's ok to use a charity fund raiser as personal motivation to get riding. But, it is to help fight Cancer for Kids, so I'm ok with it.

My boy is not in school again, says he wants to start fresh Monday.. Guess all I can do is hope he does. otherwise I'll have to line him up with some counseling and see if someone else can end his funk.

I am hungry.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
You're also a fan of Red Mesa? (the one that cuts out to the right) I like that flowy descent and even bombing down the rocky doubletrack after the loop proper, but oh so much grinding on the way up...
No the other East.
I was thinking Plymouth Creek loop.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
No the other East.
I was thinking Plymouth Creek loop.
Ah, I was backwards since that trail does go SW generally. I like Plymouth Mountain Trail as well, certainly better than Red Mesa. Still so much climbing straight up though.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Seems like everyone is walking around with their heads down in their phones today. Zombie nation.

(I'm not--I save my time-wasting for the desktop computer with full keyboard. :D)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
lol. I'd say for me it would be climb to just above the Red Mesa rock gardens. But... since I'm there, I may as well climb up and do the loop.

And apparently I go against the grain preferring Red Mesa to Plymouth Mt - I don't really like those few climbs to get out of Plymouth Mt. I much prefer the screamin' ride down from Red Mesa all the way to the bottom.

The grumpy-hiker ratio can impede the fun if it's high.

Also sounds like I should investigate Deer Creek riding soon.
I'd suggest you do an Apex -> Dakota -> LOTB -> Falcon -> K/C -> S Valley -> Deer Creek -> reverse ride. I believe that would be right up your alley. I could join you once you got to Deer Creek. :D

Last edited: