Quantcast

@@@TurdumpenGMT@@@

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
At jury duty yesterday, I was chosen to serve on a jury. It's supposed to last 2-3 days, and if my math is correct that means 2-3 days that I don't have to go to work. SCORE!

2400 yard swim done with the masters group, and today the masters group consisted of me.

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!!!

Man, what a week. Been working on a few West coast projects, and the thing about that....when I leave here at 5pm on East coast time, emails are still flying around on West coast time. Soooo many to sort out every morning when I get back in....gotta get everyone's fur smoothed back down.

It's hot in the office this morning - you could cure hams up in this bitch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Boss approached me yesterday about going to Vietnam for a month between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I told him no fucking way. Most I'll do is a 2 week stint, being that there's no incentive to do anything more than the bare minimum. What a disaster that project is. :no:

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Mornin!

Boss approached me yesterday about going to Vietnam for a month between Thanksgiving and Christmas. I told him no fucking way. Most I'll do is a 2 week stint, being that there's no incentive to do anything more than the bare minimum. What a disaster that project is. :no:
I was told once to do a 3 months stint in Saudi Arabia, while still at university. I quit. The full time guys who went eventually spent over 6 months there and hated every second.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Still raining. Don't think the woods would be much fun later on today. CX bike it is.

Local brewery is releasing a new DIPA today. Another hazy juice bomb type of beer. Gonna have to try it out. Ride to bar, fill small growler, ride home is my plan so far.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
At jury duty yesterday, I was chosen to serve on a jury. It's supposed to last 2-3 days, and if my math is correct that means 2-3 days that I don't have to go to work. SCORE!

2400 yard swim done with the masters group, and today the masters group consisted of me.
And don't they pay you like $10/day, too? Win/Win.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
New bike light arrived yesterday but I don't see a ride happening tonight.
what'd ya get?

Good Morning!!!

Man, what a week. Been working on a few West coast projects, and the thing about that....when I leave here at 5pm on East coast time, emails are still flying around on West coast time. Soooo many to sort out every morning when I get back in....gotta get everyone's fur smoothed back down.

It's hot in the office this morning - you could cure hams up in this bitch.
be glad you don't deal with ASPAC then.

what light did you get? now that Ituo went under, I'm not sure what to get anymore...
well, it's complicated. the parent company Ituo is who went under; they were the overseas manufacturer and just closed up one day. Ituo USA, the distributor, has rebranded themselves RAKC lighting, have a new supplier, and have some new stuff in the works they've been teasing on their fb page.

just checked - they've now got stuff for pre-sale on their website. product offering is very similar to what they were getting from Ituo.

https://www.rakclighting.com/

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

Noting like being brought to tears trying to put on underwear in the morning. And not for good reasons, either. Yesterday doc said "I can count on one hand the number of folks who have benefited from back surgery". I am glad that he is thinking what I am thinking, that this can be avoided without cutting. Or maybe he just doesn't know that many people. Either way, I am not going under the knife for my back.

Looks like a dry weekend, I am guessing a rainy trick or treat night, though.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Morning Monkeys.

Noting like being brought to tears trying to put on underwear in the morning. And not for good reasons, either. Yesterday doc said "I can count on one hand the number of folks who have benefited from back surgery". I am glad that he is thinking what I am thinking, that this can be avoided without cutting. Or maybe he just doesn't know that many people. Either way, I am not going under the knife for my back.

Looks like a dry weekend, I am guessing a rainy trick or treat night, though.
YO-GA. SIUP and do it. trust me.

also, get a lacrosse ball. lean against a wall and place it in between the wall and your back where it hurts. roll it around. gets better localized pressure than a foam roller (but i'd still recommend starting out with a foam roller).

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado

also, get a lacrosse ball. lean against a wall and place it in between the wall and your back where it hurts. roll it around. gets better localized pressure than a foam roller (but i'd still recommend starting out with a foam roller).
:stupid:

I suffer from back pain, though not nearly as crippling as your's JD. The last couple of nights I've spent hitting it with the foam roller for a little bit and it's felt WAY better.

If a lacrosse ball is too hard you can also start out with a tennis ball.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR

We have a red foam roller (wife says it is the hardest one, I guess they come in different hardness) and that bitch hurts a lot more than it helps. So I will look for options this weekend. I have been doing exercises and stretches (yoga type and runner type) every night and that helps.

Right now the main issue is if I get on the floor, the pooch thinks it is WrestleMaina time and no stretching will happen. Trying to teach her to wait on the couch, but I am lucky to get one set of each exercise in before getting pounced.

<edit> What sucks is it will feel meh, but not awful, then I try to do something like pick up the pen I dropped and I will get a twinge and one or both of my legs try to give out. That was me trying to stand on one leg and get the other leg through my boxers. Damn near hit the deck with my chonies around my ankles.

Last edited:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO

yeah yoga is amazing. seriously helped my recovery and so much more.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
We have a red foam roller (wife says it is the hardest one, I guess they come in different hardness) and that bitch hurts a lot more than it helps. So I will look for options this weekend. I have been doing exercises and stretches (yoga type and runner type) every night and that helps.

Right now the main issue is if I get on the floor, the pooch thinks it is WrestleMaina time and no stretching will happen. Trying to teach her to wait on the couch, but I am lucky to get one set of each exercise in before getting pounced.

<edit> What sucks is it will feel meh, but not awful, then I try to do something like pick up the pen I dropped and I will get a twinge and one or both of my legs try to give out. That was me trying to stand on one leg and get the other leg through my boxers. Damn near hit the deck with my chonies around my ankles.
hop on youtub, search "yoga for lower back pain"

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
hop on youtub, search "yoga for lower back pain"
That's where I got the ones I am doing now, along with the "Unpopular exercises" article.

http://absexperiment.com/9-ab-exercises-without-lower-back-pain

Planking is out of the question at this point and without a bench, the incline crunch is out. But we have a yoga ball and resistance bands, so I have been doing the others listed. I look forward to being able to do proper push ups, too.

It may sound funny, but it's times like this I miss the Wii Fit board. :rofl:

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
That's where I got the ones I am doing now, along with the "Unpopular exercises" article.

http://absexperiment.com/9-ab-exercises-without-lower-back-pain

Planking is out of the question at this point and without a bench, the incline crunch is out. But we have a yoga ball and resistance bands, so I have been doing the others listed. I look forward to being able to do proper push ups, too.

It may sound funny, but it's times like this I miss the Wii Fit board. :rofl:
find something tall enough you can hang from by grabbing it with your feet off the ground. hang there for a little bit, i do this and it helps extend my back.

Westy

the teste
Nov 22, 2002
Sleazattle
Thumb recovery halted by a rather intense flare up of psoriatic arthritis. Doc has me on prednisone, has yet to reduce the swelling. I am however getting a full salvo of side effects, constant brain farts and insomnia. At least crippling depression hasn't kicked in yet.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
find something tall enough you can hang from by grabbing it with your feet off the ground. hang there for a little bit, i do this and it helps extend my back.
There is an arbor in the back yard I hang from and I have a chin up bar (goes in the doorway) I hang from as well. I have been looking at inversion setups on CL, but I'm not sure I want to go that far just yet.

My chiropractor used the leg drop table and I try to emulate that on the edge of the bed with some success. There is part of me that swears it is getting better, then there is part of me that just thinks I have gotten accustomed to the numbness and pain, so I only noticed when it really hits.

My sister pointed out our fathers routine of crunches, stretches and push ups every night before bed. We used to make fun of him because my father, while not fat, was also not athletic (college drama professor). He did it to keep his back in order and I should have been doing the same all along.

jimmydean

Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Thumb recovery halted by a rather intense flare up of psoriatic arthritis. Doc has me on prednisone, has yet to reduce the swelling. I am however getting a full salvo of side effects, constant brain farts and insomnia. At least crippling depression hasn't kicked in yet.
"Thoughts of suicide if you suddenly stop, or just simply continue to take it..." - Drug warning label

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i hate that drug.
part of why i shouldn't have been in a relationship for 10 years.
I hoe you are not on it long enough for the adrenal fatigue too.