Quantcast

Turner '04 + Avy DHS Q's regarding hose & reservoir

ddc

Chimp
Oct 16, 2001
Quito - Ecuador
i'm about to order an avalanche DHS w/comp for a '04 turner DHR - MED, and wanted to ask you which do you think is the best way to route the hose and place the reservoir, if you have a pic or drawing will help better :)

i've been looking at the pics of the turner-honda bikes with the push shock, but i'm not convinced that is the best place for the reservoir to be mounted on, besides the avalanche's looks bigger and not sure if it will fit in between.

i'll like to keep the frame as clean looking as possible.

all ideas are welcome....

tks.

diego

Espen

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
Tigerstaden, Norway
Actually, I am working on it.
I think I have found a way to do it. Craig think that way looks promising, so I will try it out.
Reservoir must be placed on top of the seattower. You need to find a way to fit the hoseclamp under the seattower.

I will post pictures soon.

Espen

ddc

Chimp
Oct 16, 2001
Quito - Ecuador
espen,

you dont see room for the reservoir within the frame (under the top tube, over the down tube or somewhere between the bridge that connects the top tube and the BB block ?? maybe if the hose is pointed to the headtube rather than the rear tire ??

i think this way (within the frame) the reservoir is more protected and lesse prone to damage.

tks.

diego

IronhorseCT

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Trumbull,CT
We put a DHS on my teamates Large frame, but I think that a Med or small triangle will NOT fit the resi under the TT in the gap between the TT and the DT....Those with a large, they do fit...

B

ddc

Chimp
Oct 16, 2001
Quito - Ecuador
tks for the info, right now i'm still waiting for the frame so cant measure. if ironhorseCT can post a pic of the large DHR will be great.

tks. again

diego

Cave Dweller

Monkey
May 6, 2003
When i talked to craig about this 3-4 months ago when i was thinking about getting the DHR he was talking about clamping it to the back of seat mast or seat pole.

ddc

Chimp
Oct 16, 2001
Quito - Ecuador
espen......tks. for the pic of the 747 with the avy, didn't realize how tight the reservoir will fit in there, specially with the comp adjuster :eek:

pls keep us posted with the medium frame set up.

tks.

xy9ine

Turbo Monkey
Mar 22, 2004
vancouver eastside
i just saw a large the other day - damn they're fugly! they should just stretch the toptube & leave the seatmast where it is - its not an xc frame...

IronhorseCT

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Trumbull,CT
Espen,

It feels really wierd looking at pictures that I took in my own basement posted by someone else. :D Thanks for putting that one up. Did John send it to you or did Craig?

B

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
It must have been Craig because it wasn't me.

As far as being "fugly" I wouldn't go that far! It is a tad odd but it has seemed to grow on me. With the new stickers it isn't half bad. Plus I can run an avy :D

Overall it is still one the best pure race machines out there.

IronhorseCT

Monkey
Feb 20, 2002
Trumbull,CT
Actually, the frame alone looks way out of place and the seat mast looks like a windsail, however, with the bike built and stickered, it looks much more in proportion. The team had a discussion about twin tubes vs. single top tube late last night, and the verdict was split...some love the twin tube, I like the single...

But anyway you slice it, they are pure race machines. This is my first season on a Turner, and I now understand what everyone is talking about.

Cork, will you please link up your sig so it looks sweet like mine :devil:

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Acadian
beauty is in the eye of the beyolder...

doesn't mean you don't like the Large DHR and the decal kits that others don't.
And I don't want to be holding it;) Sorry if it offends any Turner fans, its my opinion thats all. God forbid anyone ever says anything negative about a Turner:rolleyes: I've never ridden an 04' and I'm sure its a great preforming bike, like I said I think the large frame looks like poo and thats my opinion.:p

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
behind you with a snap pop
Originally posted by Brian HCM#1
I've never ridden an 04'
That's obvious. If you had, you would put your gigantic, 3 year waiting period having, horselike, Bender's choice bike in the buy/sell forum quicker than Luc could say Moosecock. ;) :p

I have seen the large 04 DHR in person, and it does look like they should sell ad space on there. But one ride on it and it looks alot better.:)

Froggy

Monkey
Oct 4, 2001
New Fairfield, CT
Originally posted by Jeremy R
That's obvious. If you had, you would put your gigantic, 3 year waiting period having, horselike, Bender's choice bike in the buy/sell forum quicker than Luc could say Moosecock. ;) :p

I have seen the large 04 DHR in person, and it does look like they should sell ad space on there. But one ride on it and it looks alot better.:)
Preach on!

I don't personally like Karpiel's but I wouldn't call them sh*t on a public forum. Like I said to each their own. Just as long as we are out riding our bikes that's all that should matter. be it a Turner, Karpiel or even a Balfa. Ride on.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Froggy
Preach on!

I don't personally like Karpiel's but I wouldn't call them sh*t on a public forum. Like I said to each their own. Just as long as we are out riding our bikes that's all that should matter. be it a Turner, Karpiel or even a Balfa. Ride on.
I said the larges look bad, not all DHR's. Samall and meds look fine.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California

Actually I have no desire to ride a single pivot DH bike, but thats just me.

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Originally posted by Acadian
Translation:

you know me, I won't ride anything other than a Avalanche equipped Karpiel!

:rolleyes: ;)
I take that back, if I ever were to go back to a single pivot, I would be getting a Foes Mono............With an Avy of course;) :p

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
Actually I have no desire to ride a single pivot DH bike, but thats just me.
Yeah, I don't know what these companies are thinking making those crazy single pivots. Outlandish companies like Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Turner. I don't know why they want to make something so simple that works so well, when they could easily just add a bunch of complicated links and pivots that give you something to do by allowing you to maintain them all the time. Crazy thinking I tell you.;)

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
Yeah, I don't know what these companies are thinking making those crazy single pivots. Outlandish companies like Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, and Turner. I don't know why they want to make something so simple that works so well, when they could easily just add a bunch of complicated links and pivots that give you something to do by allowing you to maintain them all the time. Crazy thinking I tell you.;)
I still ride a single pivot bike a Foes Weasel 2, I just don't care for it for DH. XC & freeride its perfect. I've ridden Turners before, I personally don't care for them, sorry its just me. Just because its todays latest Bandwagon bike, don't jump on me for my opinion. A lot of people dis Karpiels and have never ridden them, they are going by Jan's customer service history and from what other people have said instead of the bikes performance itself. Believe me, if Jan's business practice was the same as Turners, Foes, Intense etc, he still would be a very popular manufacture. I guess Santa Cruz and Intense should scrap the VPP and go back to the single pivot bikes like they started out with, back with the Tazmon (SC) cause they aren't Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
I still ride a single pivot bike a Foes Weasel 2, I just don't care for it for DH. XC & freeride its perfect. I've ridden Turners before, I personally don't care for them, sorry its just me. Just because its todays latest Bandwagon bike, don't jump on me for my opinion. A lot of people dis Karpiels and have never ridden them, they are going by Jan's customer service history and from what other people have said instead of the bikes performance itself. Believe me, if Jan's business practice was the same as Turners, Foes, Intense etc, he still would be a very popular manufacture. I guess Santa Cruz and Intense should scrap the VPP and go back to the single pivot bikes like they started out with, back with the Tazmon (SC) cause they aren't Yamaha, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki.
You are in a Turner thread and said about some dudes bike,
"Its ugly as $hit." for no reason at all.
What do you expect to get? Eskimo kisses?
Does a Bandwagon last 10 years?
That is how long Turner has been making great bikes and offering
(get this) great customer service. Time and time again.

I could care less about what other people ride, and I did not take any of your comments seriously anyway. You like the way the Karpiels ride and that is all that matters.
I think you like them for the excitement factor.
You know how if you break something, how you will have no idea
if it will get repaired, how many years it will take to do it, and if it will happen again. Living on the edge.:D :D

Brian HCM#1

MMMMMMMMM BEER!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 7, 2001
Bay Area, California
You are in a Turner thread and said about some dudes bike,
"Its ugly as $hit." for no reason at all.
What do you expect to get? Eskimo kisses?
Does a Bandwagon last 10 years?
That is how long Turner has been making great bikes and offering
(get this) great customer service. Time and time again.

I could care less about what other people ride, and I did not take any of your comments seriously anyway. You like the way the Karpiels ride and that is all that matters.
I think you like them for the excitement factor.
You know how if you break something, how you will have no idea
if it will get repaired, how many years it will take to do it, and if it will happen again. Living on the edge.:D :D
I was refering to the seat mast that looks like sh*t, not the bike itself. You can hide behind the damn thing. I think Turner should have done something different. Oh and Turners may have been around for 10 years, but they only recently within the last 3 or 4 years became popular.

Jeremy R

<b>x</b>
Nov 15, 2001
I was refering to the seat mast that looks like sh*t, not the bike itself. You can hide behind the damn thing.
Well, I said earlier, they should sell ad space on there.
My buddy has one, and I give him crap about it all time.
Sorry, I have never met you, and I am never serious.
Going to bed now, its 2 here.:eek:

DßR

They saw my bloomers
Feb 17, 2004
the DC
I'm with Brian - there's 2 things you just can't dispute - 1, it's black, and 2, it's fugly. I love me some Turners, but day-um. Not for me....give me an '03 any day. That's the stuff....:)

Hrelp

Chimp
Feb 23, 2004
Anyone know if a 04 DHR med will be able to fit the resivoir like the clifcat pictuered here? I just prefer to keep the resivoir as far outta the way of the boys as possible.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Hrelp said:
Anyone know if a 04 DHR med will be able to fit the resivoir like the clifcat pictuered here? I just prefer to keep the resivoir as far outta the way of the boys as possible.
yes..

that is how one of my friends had his mounted on his 2004 Med DHR at Big Bear.

Acadian

Born Again Newbie
Sep 5, 2001
Blah Blah and Blah
Actually that might be the only way to do it since I think the seatmast is too big on the Med to fit the reservoir on top? I might be wrong, but that's what I've heard.