Quantcast

Turner Girls has a new ride!

splat

Nam I am
So she had to take it out to Play . (Its not the first ride with , just the first ride I've been on with her riding it. )

any way the riders today were Me, Turner_grl , Bullitfree rider and badDNA

Any Way here is Jen's new ride .

Here is badDNA , sporting his New ridemoney Jersey.

Here is Me, Using the remote control to fire the camera. , I'm wearing anti-hunter orage. On my way in I met up with 2 Hunters and they seamed a little too gung ho for my taste.

Turner girl going off the frame twister.

Bullit free rider going off teh Frame twister .

BadDNA going by tombstone rock

Turner_girl rolling blind Mellon

BadDNA

Bullitfreerider then BadDNA then Turner_Grl going through the Berm

This time Turner_Grl alone.

BadDNA on a roller.

Turner_girl same place

Up and over the rock , then trough the trees.

Me , Up and Over .

Bullitfreerider

Looks like Carl is joing the crash thread.

New Bike flies Nicely

Carl same Place

and finally on a new roller

Skookum

bikey's is cool
Jul 26, 2002
in a bear cave
Was there a discount on clones in Mass?:huh: :monkey:

i'd feel kind weird if my clones were following me all over.... But that's just me.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
I am so not hoping for a white X-mas. As I want those same exact conditions for when I am there....

I'll prolly ride anyways....

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Thanks for all the great pics as usual, Splat - perfect weather and a fun day.

Was only my second ride on the Big Hit and so far just sessioning stuff at Vietnam, but a definite :thumb:

Of course while everyone else is ready to hit the slopes with snow, I'm counting down til lift-serviced DH season re-opens. :D Unless, of course, Santa were to bring me a nice Rohloff hub so I can actually pedal uphill. :rolleyes:

TreeSaw

Mama Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Dancin' over rocks n' roots!
Thanks for all the great pics as usual, Splat - perfect weather and a fun day.

Was only my second ride on the Big Hit and so far just sessioning stuff at Vietnam, but a definite :thumb:

Of course while everyone else is ready to hit the slopes with snow, I'm counting down til lift-serviced DH season re-opens. :D Unless, of course, Santa were to bring me a nice Rohloff hub so I can actually pedal uphill. :rolleyes:
Rohloffs are really heavy though and many rims will suffer...trust me ;)

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
So why is TURNERgirl riding a specialized? ;)
The RFX is still in regular rotation! Pulled the Super T off and put on the '07 Z1 Anniversary to make it a little less DH friendly and a little more aggressive trail ride oriented. For the most part, it will still be my usual weapon of choice for Lynn and Vietnam rides! (See above reference to my reliance on a dual chain ring when the trail turns Up!)

p.s. and oh yeah...I couldn't afford a DHR !

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Splat myself and two other guys have decided that once the winter is over vietnam is definately on our must ride list. On a side note why did you guys get so lucky and get all of those cool rocks...all we get here are roots and lots of em.

TurnerGrl

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Metrowest MA
Nice riding Jen!
Dave
Thanks Dave...errr....Silver Turtle! Must agree with the previous posts on screen name! But still good to see you on the Monkey :)

BTW, now you know the secret - the Big Hit is calling your name! So with all naysayers aside (sorry...but still recognized Treesaw!), all I need is the discussed opportunity to test ride the Rohloff (what??? you mean you want it back???!!!) and,presumably, the funding to ensue. ;) Especially since it appears there is no cable routing for a front derrailleur :(

Oh well...I suppose if all else fails, I still have the ol' Turner with the Avy around to hit up the local trails... Guess I could always "settle", right?!!! :D

dirtrider2

Chimp
Jan 22, 2006
nam bomber
Once you have a true taste of the Rohloff, you'll embrace the awesome power of the Darkside. Mis-shifts, bent cassettes, hangers, broken chains will be a distant memory. Derailleurs will be just those silly little dangly parts that other people keep breaking off of the back of their bike. And your Turner will become a coat rack! Although the weight has probably slowed me down a bunch...:brows:

Dave

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Once you have a true taste of the Rohloff, you'll embrace the awesome power of the Darkside. Mis-shifts, bent cassettes, hangers, broken chains will be a distant memory. Derailleurs will be just those silly little dangly parts that other people keep breaking off of the back of their bike. And your Turner will become a coat rack! Although the weight has probably slowed me down a bunch...:brows:

Dave
Too bad the "darkside" = $$$. :plthumbsdown: