Quantcast

Turner Rail

dv8cam

Monkey
Dec 8, 2003
Did anyone besides Sgt. Brown ever get the 2004 Tunrer Rail? If so, how do you like it? Got pics of it?

ender

Monkey
Mar 4, 2004
I don't have one yet but, I'm figuring out what components to get and once I've figured that out I'll be ordering parts. Anyway, here's what I'm thinking for a beefy dirt jumper that can be used on the trails as well as urban.

mainitou swinger(if possible) or romic
sherman breakout or breakout plus
possibly a 24" in the rear with a 3.0 tire
fsa big fat pig 1.5
mrp guide
race face bb
race face north shore cranks
atom labs aircorp pedals
ringle hubs
maxxis tires?
not sure about rims yet
azonic aggro stem
azonic wf bars
hayes brakes w/ goodridge lines
shimano xt drivetrain (sram chain)
thompson post
wtb saddle
odi lock ruffian grips

watch think? fun fun! :thumb:

J

James

Froggy, on this board, is having his 04 Rail painted as I write this. He should have it in about a week. Ring him up, he will give you the lowdown.:D

roee

Chimp
Mar 13, 2004
I think I want one, but I have to wait for some money first.

It can be a great step up from hardtails, being stiff and short travelled.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
hmmm, maybe, but i rode RFXs before the big bikes and really want another turner. Im already getting a Soverign and some Soul Clycles frame this summer so i can wait til fall for the rail

Ratfink

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
SoCal
DV8Cam,

Where the hell were you? We just posted some of my crap shots of Andrew Neethling on his new Turner RAIL!!!!!!

Sgt Brown

Monkey
Feb 19, 2002
Trabuco Canyon, CA
Originally posted by Lizard0fthetrai
Yeah, today I actually called my boss up and asked him if I sold my incoming evil he'd preorder me an '04 Rail in large....only to find out they're GONE! :angry:
There is one Large Rail on the wall at The Bike Company in Lake Forest, CA. It is not sold. It just became available yesterday. Call Sven or Tony at (949) 470-1099 soon, and it could be yours.

Sgt.

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
Hey Luc, that was my bro Darren. He waited over a year for it with nothing but hassles. It's a sick ass bike, but I would never buy one on G.P.

Originally posted by Acadian
I saw one this past weekend at Sand Hill Ranch here in Northern California. Nice bike..

the guy that had it said he waited a while for it tho..

builder666

Monkey
Dec 13, 2002
Construction in Subterfuge
believe it or not, he told me more like 3 years!! :rolleyes: I didn't say anything...but I was like "ya sure!!"

what do you mean by G.P.?
He had been waiting for Turner to make a slalom bike for years, but ordered the Rail about 18 months before he got it.;)

General Principal

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
Originally posted by ender
I don't have one yet but, I'm figuring out what components to get and once I've figured that out I'll be ordering parts. Anyway, here's what I'm thinking for a beefy dirt jumper that can be used on the trails as well as urban.

mainitou swinger(if possible) or romic
sherman breakout or breakout plus
possibly a 24" in the rear with a 3.0 tire
fsa big fat pig 1.5
mrp guide
race face bb
race face north shore cranks
atom labs aircorp pedals
ringle hubs
maxxis tires?
not sure about rims yet
azonic aggro stem
azonic wf bars
hayes brakes w/ goodridge lines
shimano xt drivetrain (sram chain)
thompson post
wtb saddle
odi lock ruffian grips

watch think? fun fun! :thumb:
Please don't defile such a beautiful frame with 24x3" gazzalodis. I don't think I can take it :dead:

dromond

Monkey
Aug 20, 2002
Northampton, MA
With 7" fork and a 24" in the rear it would be sooooo slack. Perhaps try and 4" or 5" fork and dual 26" or 24" wheels for a more optimal dirtjumping (and street riding) experience. Trust me, you will enjoy it more in the end ;)

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Well I jut finished building mine yesterday.
It definitely is pretty slack with a DJ1 (03). I will have to bring it back to 100 or so mm (instead of 130). Rigth now it sits at 67 degres with a 2.2 front and a 2.1 rear tire.
I guess after the fork travel change it should sit at ~ 68 degres.
I can't wait to try it!

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Emmanuel is probably smooth as ice - the way I case jumps I would destroy those wheels in one session!! :( ;)
Yeah I have a sick way of hitting jumps smoothly:

1- pedal real fast,
2- get close to the lip,
3- puss out and stop before you get any air.

I've applied that approach for years and never dented a rim :D

Seriously though, those rims come ffom my old DH bike and are dented to hell. they still inflates UST tires perfectly as long as they are single wall (DH tires don't really fit any more as the side wall is too stiff to countour the bumps in the inflation process :D)

I love these rims!

remi

Chimp
Jun 19, 2002
VA, in the snow
Originally posted by Mani_UT
Well I jut finished building mine yesterday.
It definitely is pretty slack with a DJ1 (03). I will have to bring it back to 100 or so mm (instead of 130). Rigth now it sits at 67 degres with a 2.2 front and a 2.1 rear tire.
I guess after the fork travel change it should sit at ~ 68 degres.
I can't wait to try it!
http://endorphin.free.fr/images/Equipment/rail_pic2.jpg
Mani, je previens. celui la je place d'ores et deja une option pour le rachat en seconde main ...

Le temps de terminer l'unif ici et de rentrer en Belgique, ca te laisse 2-3 ans pour l'affuter ...

Merci d'avance ;)