Quantcast

***Two for Tuesderp GMT***

CBJ

year old fart
Mar 19, 2002
Copenhagen, Denmark
Slacking it big time until I have to start the new job. No complaints.

Not the best financing options so far for the house because the wife does not have a job yet. Also waiting to see if the seller is interesting in lowering the price which currently is too high. Big joker is also the Dollar exchange rate which has fallen lately but expected to go up again. Fingers are still crossed.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
Hi all. Head cold equals snoring Toshi equals grumpy wife. Meh.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Two days of warm and sunny (and humid) weather to be followed by two days of heavy rain. Gonna do some riding while I can. Anyone got good tips for BSA30 BB outer seals?

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
Standard Tuesday fare here. Lifted this morning, in the middle of three of rain, so drove in today, no ride for Yossarian. Wondering at WTF time @eric strt6 has to be at work, cause that bastard is an early riser. I guess the short bus has a long route.

Work is slow today, so hoping to figure out a bike rack option for the new to me car. I might have to resurrect an old hitch mount that I have. Save some money by not mounting a roof rack and spend a few bones on a hitch.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Mornin!

Worked on the trailer last night though progress was impeded by rain and sloppy electrical work done by the factory/previous owner. I recognize that i'm a bit OCD about having neat, consistent, easily traceable wiring, but I would be embarrassed if I put together the rats nest that I found.

stoney

Part of the unwashed, middle-American horde
Jul 26, 2006
Colorado
Dentist appt in an hour for the assumed broken tooth.

I decided last night that I'm going through with cuting the cord. My HD antennas showed up last night and I started laying out my plan for running cables. (I have a thread in the computer forum for any suggeations).

Otherwise, here.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Went for a quick ride last night. Decided that I didn't need my knee pads. Fell over climbing up this rock spine thing and drove my knee into a pile of rocks. Lots of blood and swelling. Lesson learned.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
I kept the tick that I pulled out of my son's scalp on Sunday night thinking it would be used for diagnostic purposes. A quick check on the Ministry's website indicates they are not to be used for diagnostic purposes, but only for tracking the spread of those fuckers and the disease they carry. So now I am left with a useless tick that I smuggled across the border. Do I freeze it for a month in case the boy develops symptoms of Lyme disease, or do I roast it on the bbq? (I packed it in a tinfoil packet as I had no pill bottles to carry it in).

Back at work. it's beautiful and sunny out.

I have to find a gift for my wife's birthday tomorrow. She wants a kayak. So I was thinking I'd get her a picture of one. Then let her decide which one she wants...

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Back at work. Definitely sick, I don't think that I actually fell asleep last night. Not even sure why I came to work, I doubt I'll get much done.

No riding tonight. Dinner and then straight to bed.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

It was damn hot yesterday. Holy Hell, not a fan. Put the AC in the window in Bmans room, the rooms on the front of the house just get baked (face south).

Free parking because the guy before me didn't know how to use the machine and paid twice, score. The day can only get worse from here. lighter temps today, lighter tomorrow, then 70's by weeks end, yay. Also, Stubb is ready to rock and roll, I will be riding my bike there this weekend I hope.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
FB_IMG_1495552263529.jpg
Funeral procession through town yesterday was tough. Our town will be pretty much shut down from 0830 till 1400.

This level of community support is pretty awesome. Communities from Missoula to Billings have all been donating to Deputy Moore's family which is pretty amazing as well.
Went for a walk last night through the neighborhood and could not help but be proud of where I live. More than half of the houses have all put in the blue lights. One day when my son is old enough I will get to explain why that means so much.

Gonna be a long day today.
FB_IMG_1495552263529.jpg

Last edited:

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
View attachment 125437 Funeral procession through town yesterday was tough. Our town will be pretty much shut down from 0830 till 1400.

This level of community support is pretty awesome. Communities from Missoula to Billings have all been donating to Deputy Moore's family which is pretty amazing as well.
Went for a walk last night through the neighborhood and could not help but be proud of where I live. More than half of the houses have all put in the blue lights. One day when my son is old enough I will get to explain why that means so much.

Gonna be a long day today.View attachment 125437
Traffic stop gone bad wasn't it? Those are always sketchy.

slyfink

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2008
Ottawa, Canada
you know there's a test for that right? how long was the tick on him?
I didn't. I thought you had to wait for symptoms to arise? I'll call our doctor's office.
I don't think it was on for very long, it hadn't begun to feed yet. There was no blood in it's belly that I could tell...

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
suckage. came home for lunch and the fire department and ambulance were next door. my neighbor is in her 80s and lives alone. she fell in the bathroom and 8 this morning and laid their until 10 when her friend showed up to take her to lunch. Broken hip

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
I didn't. I thought you had to wait for symptoms to arise? I'll call our doctor's office.
I don't think it was on for very long, it hadn't begun to feed yet. There was no blood in it's belly that I could tell...
the test: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/lyme-disease/basics/tests-diagnosis/con-20019701

and no, you don't have to wait for symptoms; it can be weeks or months before they show up. general medical consensus is that a tick will have to be attacked for at least 36-48 hours for there to be a risk of transmission. Most doctors don't feel its necessary to test unless the tick was attached for that duration(last year i checked with my dr because i had 3 ticks on me, he refused to even test me because they were on me for less than 24 hours).

https://www.cdc.gov/lyme/

worth noting: PA is in tick country. our last few winters have been mild so they've been pretty bad. i'm in the habit of checking for them immediately after every ride.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
suckage. came home for lunch and the fire department and ambulance were next door. my neighbor is in her 80s and lives alone. she fell in the bathroom and 8 this morning and laid their until 10 when her friend showed up to take her to lunch. Broken hip
That's brutal. Not a pleasant harbinger.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Ah, it's my favorite time of year, performance review season at work. Bossman suggested I set up a meeting with the director of engineering to try and address the perception that I sit at my desk and am not a "go-getter". That meeting is in one half hour. This should be fun! :rofl:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Ah, it's my favorite time of year, performance review season at work. Bossman suggested I set up a meeting with the director of engineering to try and address the perception that I sit at my desk and am not a "go-getter". That meeting is in one half hour. This should be fun! :rofl:
Have you thought about the lunch room? All my best work is done in the lunch room... I do dog and pony shows to prove I am a people person.

Afternoon ride was a success although I was,significantly more slow today. I saw 3 other riders on the trail, that is a lot for Montana. NAP TIME.

Last edited:

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
Just came back from Cannes. Best festival in terms of meeting cool people an seeing good movies in years. Worst in terms of coworkers. Jesus I'm starting to hate polish people. Can we really only socialize by binge drinking to 4am and behaving like infants? I like alcohol and I'm not a serious person but 4h of sleep every day, dick size dicusssion every day and drinking an equivalent of 0,7-1l of vodka every day has almost killed me. I'd want to say that's not normal but that's how people in Poland (well not all but a big %) party and have fun. I really need to move to Sweden.

Also people who smoke indoors and next to non smokers can go to hell

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Winner Winner Chicken Dinner!!!

Craigslist $40 + about $75 in new bits (shorter cranks, seat, grips, brakes, tires, paint and repack) should be good to go. I think it will clean up nice and I feel better about rebuilding a Redline with real Skyways than any of the used walmarts I've been seeing. .

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Good luck, man. And when I say that, I mean good luck not fucking blowing up in their faces. :D

<snip> I really need to move to Sweden.
I'm pretty sure that Swedes behave mostly the same way. :D

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
It looks like the time to switch companies.