Quantcast

***Two for Tuesderp GMT***

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Have you thought about the lunch room? All my best work is done in the lunch room... I do dog and pony shows to prove I am a people person.

Afternoon ride was a success although I was,significantly more slow today. I saw 3 other riders on the trail, that is a lot for Montana. NAP TIME.
Good luck, man. And when I say that, I mean good luck not fucking blowing up in their faces. :D

I'm pretty sure that Swedes behave mostly the same way. :D
It looks like the time to switch companies.
I feel better now. I think my boss was overstating things partially based on his own opinion and thought that we should all be out politicking for ourselves all the time. Shaking hands and kissing babies is what he calls it. Engineering director and I discussed that part of not being perceived as successful was because I have drawn the short straw multiple times when it comes to projects, and partly because the work that I do do doesn't necessarily flow its way upwards towards him. He kindly asked that I keep him in the loop by occasionally copying him on some of the deeper thought exercises I engage in.

So all in all much better than I expected. Not like the pack your shit you are on notice I was 20% expecting.

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
You still planning on fleeing the coop back to the flat and rocky east coast, though?

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Marshall said he wanted a red bike. I was just looking on ebay and found a Redline 340 sticker kit, I think it needs to be done.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
You still planning on fleeing the coop back to the flat and rocky east coast, though?
Yea, though neither the wife nor I are totally sold on the prospect. It's too bad we have a good relationship with our parents, otherwise there are plenty of amazing places in this world that are not the East Coast.

I feel better now. I think my boss was overstating things partially based on his own opinion and thought that we should all be out politicking for ourselves all the time. Shaking hands and kissing babies is what he calls it. Engineering director and I discussed that part of not being perceived as successful was because I have drawn the short straw multiple times when it comes to projects, and partly because the work that I do do doesn't necessarily flow its way upwards towards him. He kindly asked that I keep him in the loop by occasionally copying him on some of the deeper thought exercises I engage in.

So all in all much better than I expected. Not like the pack your shit you are on notice I was 20% expecting.
I used to initiate a meeting about once a quarter with my boss. We'd have an open ended discussion of what I was up to, successes, problems encountered, whatever. I'd tell him roughly what I was trying to accomplish, which was usually a fairly large list, and the three top priorities. An important ground rule, established by me, was that the gotta be done list is limited to three at any given time, "I can only count to three". outside of these meetings and actual all hands on deck operational crises, we'd sporadically communicate if something came up.

StiHacka

Compensating for something
Jan 4, 2013
In hell. Welcome!
Rode this evening, almost with Woody. Bike has developed terrible creak when pedaling, looks like pivot bearings are finally shot. I am not looking forward to overhauling the suspension, it is kinda big PITA on the Balance. :twitch:

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
Rode this evening, almost with Woody. Bike has developed terrible creak when pedaling, looks like pivot bearings are finally shot. I am not looking forward to overhauling the suspension, it is kinda big PITA on the Balance. :twitch:
I recently replaced all the pivot bearings on my friends bike. To only have the creak return with a vengeance. It turned out to be a loose derailleur hanger fix bolt was the cause.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Just got back from taking dogs for evening walk. Pepper sprayed habitually loose dog that owner couldn't control, in front of said owner. Mild screaming match ensued. Called animal control when I got home. I say 50/50 this isn't the last I deal with the owner. :mad:

God, people are fucking stupid.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just got back from taking dogs for evening walk. Pepper sprayed habitually loose dog that owner couldn't control, in front of said owner. Mild screaming match ensued. Called animal control when I got home. I say 50/50 this isn't the last I deal with the owner. :mad:

God, people are fucking stupid.
good thing you left plenty of room for escalation at the next, inevitable, encounter

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Just came back from Cannes. Best festival in terms of meeting cool people an seeing good movies in years. Worst in terms of coworkers. Jesus I'm starting to hate polish people. Can we really only socialize by binge drinking to 4am and behaving like infants? I like alcohol and I'm not a serious person but 4h of sleep every day, dick size dicusssion every day and drinking an equivalent of 0,7-1l of vodka every day has almost killed me. I'd want to say that's not normal but that's how people in Poland (well not all but a big %) party and have fun. I really need to move to Sweden.

Also people who smoke indoors and next to non smokers can go to hell
have you considered just....... leaving the bar?

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
good thing you left plenty of room for escalation at the next, inevitable, encounter
The last loose dog got me a trip to the humane society Thanksgiving Eve, and blood all over the sidewalk and in my Jeep. The only reason I don't carry a pistol is because most of the time I'm walking with my wife and/or daughter, and I figure it's better to accidentally hit them with a bit of pepper spray than a bit of .32 auto.

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
The last loose dog got me a trip to the humane society Thanksgiving Eve, and blood all over the sidewalk and in my Jeep. The only reason I don't carry a pistol is because most of the time I'm walking with my wife and/or daughter, and I figure it's better to accidentally hit them with a bit of pepper spray than a bit of .32 auto.
taser.

for the owner. not the dog.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
I used to initiate a meeting about once a quarter with my boss. We'd have an open ended discussion of what I was up to, successes, problems encountered, whatever. I'd tell him roughly what I was trying to accomplish, which was usually a fairly large list, and the three top priorities. An important ground rule, established by me, was that the gotta be done list is limited to three at any given time, "I can only count to three". outside of these meetings and actual all hands on deck operational crises, we'd sporadically communicate if something came up.
this sounds like my relationship with our (now) former director. too bad she got canned. too bad she had no self-awareness and was consistently not present and a horrible manager. it's also my relationship with previous bosses. basically my attitude is: i'm good at my job. i know what to do and how to get funded. patrons like me. if you have a problem with it tell me. otherwise, don't get in my way and do what you can to further my vision. seems to have worked for me thus far . . .

helped a friend put together her mail order bike for the cost of one beer while the kid was at rex kwon do tonight. enjoying the day, as colleague was in town to review our italian painting collection. will hang with him tomorrow too. working on fleshing out a grant application that has already received (pre-drumpf cuts) NEA support. dreading upcoming memorial day trip to the beach, which should be spent, like last year, partially at snowshoe's opening weekend. planning ahead for fuckit friday next week. drinking beers. etc.

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Well its a worst case. My elderly neighbor is in surgery tonight at the trauma center with a fractured pelvis/hip. She has other underlying health issues the worst of which is CHF. I don't see her coming back to live in her home. Its either going to be sssisted living at the best or skilled nursing if she can't tolerate the rehab. Sucks she is such a nice lady.

Yossarian

Monkey Pimp
Jul 25, 2001
Aboard the Inchcliffe Castle
this sounds like my relationship with our (now) former director. too bad she got canned. too bad she had no self-awareness and was consistently not present and a horrible manager. it's also my relationship with previous bosses. basically my attitude is: i'm good at my job. i know what to do and how to get funded. patrons like me. if you have a problem with it tell me. otherwise, don't get in my way and do what you can to further my vision. seems to have worked for me thus far . . .

helped a friend put together her mail order bike for the cost of one beer while the kid was at rex kwon do tonight. enjoying the day, as colleague was in town to review our italian painting collection. will hang with him tomorrow too. working on fleshing out a grant application that has already received (pre-drumpf cuts) NEA support. dreading upcoming memorial day trip to the beach, which should be spent, like last year, partially at snowshoe's opening weekend. planning ahead for fuckit friday next week. drinking beers. etc.
What beach are you going to @jstuhlman ?

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
Well its a worst case. My elderly neighbor is in surgery tonight at the trauma center with a fractured pelvis/hip. She has other underlying health issues the worst of which is CHF. I don't see her coming back to live in her home. Its either going to be sssisted living at the best or skilled nursing if she can't tolerate the rehab. Sucks she is such a nice lady.
that is brutal. hip surgery is no joke. coping with implications at end of life care is never a pleasant subject.

Pesqueeb

Feb 2, 2007
Sounds like Yolo's owner should be all up in other dog owner's shit to pay for this.
I would think so. I don't know any of the details really. These are people my brother knows in Denver. I'd hazard a guess that if the owners of the loose dog even have 7 grand, it might take a while to get it out of them. Vet probably isn't gonna want to wait to get paid.
is this the dog that you pepper sprayed?
No. The dog I pepper sprayed was a Pit. But the situation was very similar.