Quantcast

## Two is day ##

eric strt6

Resident Curmudgeon
Sep 8, 2001
directly above the center of the earth
Yesterday dispatch piled a bunch of runs on me past normal shift end. I was running out of DOT drive time but I could make it home within the limit but not the shop so I sad eff it and parked the short bus in front of the house and logged out. I did enjoy sleeping in this morning knowing I had no commute. Normally I would be on the road at 0530 now I don't have to leave until 0630..... WIN

Greyhound

Trail Rat
Jul 8, 2002
Alamance County, NC
Good Morning!

It's a gray, chilly morning out thar. It would be a great day to call in sick and catch up on sleep, but I finally was able to get the attention of the Gen. Mgr. at the Wal-Mart Distribution Center here in town. I had created a wall mural project for them about two years ago that won some award for being awesome or something, so I had been chasing this guy down for a bit and was finally able to snag another project - and we're meeting to talk about more.

Let's keep riding this wave and go make some sales, y'all. Go do what you do and be good, if not great at it.....sh*t, you can even be awesome if you want....I don't mind.

:rockout:

So

Depart 1:00 PM Tuesday 4/17
Arrive JFK 3:00 PM, missing all connecting flights to BTV
Collect luggage, rent car.
Presume leave JFK at about 4:00 PM
Arrive Burlington about 10:00 PM return car, get my car
Arrive home about 11:00 PM

Saw this clusterfuck yesterday while waiting for the flight that didn't leave. This morning the aircraft is still sitting right by the pole it hit.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Saw this clusterfuck yesterday while waiting for the flight that didn't leave. This morning the aircraft is still sitting right by the pole it hit.
LULZ.

Probably not released by the feds yet.

It's a clusterfuck here as well. All the airplanes doing empty repo flights from the hangar. The number of pilots unable to navigate to another location on teh airport is staggering. Also, the bulk of my tools are all locked up under gate 7. If I can't fix it with a gerber and a pen I guess it's someone else's problem today.

Adventurous

Starshine Bro
Mar 19, 2014
Crawlorado
Good morning my cherubs!

Saw someone who had been hit by a car laying in the road on the way to work this morning; paramedics hadn't arrived yet but I can only presume they were on the way. Felt bad continuing on my way, but there were already people attending to them and well, I have little/no medical expertise that could assist in the situation, so I'm telling myself that just getting the F outta the way is the most solid contribution I could have made. Hope they pull through. :(

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
Just listened to the latest album from The Sword. What a steaming pile of shark jumping shit, from a band I really like.
@HAB if you haven’t pressed play, don’t do it.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what is in store for today. Maybe a laptop? Maybe a VM? Maybe I get to sit here all damn day waiting for 3 to roll around? Good times.

RoboDonkey713

Monkey
Feb 24, 2011
Maine
Just listened to the latest album from The Sword. What a steaming pile of shark jumping shit, from a band I really like.
@HAB if you haven’t pressed play, don’t do it.
The Sword are turning into Clutch. What was once a decent bad has turned into boring alternative rock.

One of there guitarists has a bunch of #metoo claims against him. Don't know the whole story, but he seems like a bit of a creeper.

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Morning Monkeys.

No idea what is in store for today. Maybe a laptop? Maybe a VM? Maybe I get to sit here all damn day waiting for 3 to roll around? Good times.
Just runs windows updates and install everything. That should waste a few hours. Heck, it might even break something and waste even more time.:busted:

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
And yep, I just got an email where the person typed literally the entire message in the subject bar.

I don't even k.....sigh. They even took the time to delete their signature from the body of the email.

I Are Baboon

The Full Dopey
Aug 6, 2001
MTB New England
Swim before work was uneventful, but as I was getting out of the shower after, the feet of the guy in another shower stall crossed my line of vision and his toenails were painted red. :monkey:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
going to see my new ortho today. I havent gotten her my records from previous one. hope she can still look at me & take pics.
This one is a sports med ortho so I am anxious to hear her assessment.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Just runs windows updates and install everything. That should waste a few hours. Heck, it might even break something and waste even more time.:busted:
I have to submit a request and show business need to have IT install Notepad++, this is my life, now.

I may be able to mess with production banking servers, but installing apps on my workstation is too risky. :rofl: