Quantcast

## Two is day ##

norbar

KESSLER PROBLEM. Just cause
Jun 7, 2007
Warsaw :/
I fucking hate Cage. Not as much as I detest Keanu Reeves... but it's close.
Keanu is a super cool guy though in real life. He rides and builds bikes. He gave like a ton of his money for Matrix 2 and 3 because to him they deserved it more than he did and "he has enough" and he just lives like a regular dude - has a normal flat, rides the subway etc. I don't remember all the stories about him from the top of my head but do a quick google. What you hear about him is that he is a very good and cool person despite going through some horrible life stories (friends and loved ones dying)

I know his acting may be not for everyone since his delivery is wooden as hell but I like how some critic said he is basically a silent actor - he has good presence but just kills spoken scenes. John Wick is a great example.

As for Cage - I think he is funny. I don't treat him seriously but I like how bipolar some of his roles are and I like when he goes off the deep end like in that old movie with Jennifer Beals where he thought he was a vampire (but he maybe wasn't). He's so bad sometimes he is good. That's why I enjoy some of his movie (Con air is a blast even though it's dumb as hell)

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
Keanu is a super cool guy though in real life. He rides and builds bikes. He gave like a ton of his money for Matrix 2 and 3 because to him they deserved it more than he did and "he has enough" and he just lives like a regular dude - has a normal flat, rides the subway etc. I don't remember all the stories about him from the top of my head but do a quick google. What you hear about him is that he is a very good and cool person despite going through some horrible life stories (friends and loved ones dying)
but why vtwins?

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river

I know his acting may be not for everyone since his delivery is wooden as hell but I like how some critic said he is basically a silent actor - he has good presence but just kills spoken scenes. John Wick is a great example.
Yeah - I have no doubt that he and I would probably be able to hang out and drink beers. He seems like a cool guy. His acting, however (EXCEPT for Bill and Ted's - he was brilliant in that), is just horrific. But, as you say, he probably could be decent if he NEVER talked. My wife commented when we were originally watching the 1st Matrix that he actually wasn't too bad. Then 5 minutes later he went into some long monologue and the eye-rolling commenced. :D

As for Cage - I think he is funny. I don't treat him seriously but I like how bipolar some of his roles are and I like when he goes off the deep end like in that old movie with Jennifer Beals where he thought he was a vampire (but he maybe wasn't). He's so bad sometimes he is good. That's why I enjoy some of his movie (Con air is a blast even though it's dumb as hell)
And that's why you do what you do and I beat on computers. Fuck Cage. Maybe some of his REALLY old stuff was tolerable (?) but I don't really remember. He was positively AWFUL in Con Air.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Yeah - I have no doubt that he and I would probably be able to hang out and drink beers. He seems like a cool guy. His acting, however (EXCEPT for Bill and Ted's - he was brilliant in that), is just horrific. But, as you say, he probably could be decent if he NEVER talked. My wife commented when we were originally watching the 1st Matrix that he actually wasn't too bad. Then 5 minutes later he went into some long monologue and the eye-rolling commenced. :D

And that's why you do what you do and I beat on computers. Fuck Cage. Maybe some of his REALLY old stuff was tolerable (?) but I don't really remember. He was positively AWFUL in Con Air.
Con air was awful but so bad it was good. Not going to defend that movie. I love it for the puns that make your brain melt.

As for Keanu - yeah he was a "dude" that simply got into acting somehow. He doesn't seem to care or try to be different and he picks the roles where he has fun with cars, guns, bikes or martial arts. He's a big nerd so it suits him.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Con air was awful but so bad it was good. Not going to defend that movie. I love it for the puns that make your brain melt.
Me watching Con Air:

As for Keanu - yeah he was a "dude" that simply got into acting somehow. He doesn't seem to care or try to be different and he picks the roles where he has fun with cars, guns, bikes or martial arts. He's a big nerd so it suits him.
The 2nd movie I saw with him was "Bram Stoker's Dracula" - I walked out within the 1st 15 minutes. :D

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Go watch the Wicker Man and you'll wish for the sweet release of an aneurism.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
his motorcycles.
vtwin engines. was really a legit question. he races & I always thought those bikes were inlines except teh ducs but then i dont know much about those kinds of bikes.
Some V's are better than others. Look at MV Agusta. Or Honda RC51.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Me watching Con Air:

The 2nd movie I saw with him was "Bram Stoker's Dracula" - I walked out within the 1st 15 minutes. :D

Again bad in a fun way. Camp is good.

his motorcycles.
vtwin engines. was really a legit question. he races & I always thought those bikes were inlines except teh ducs but then i dont know much about those kinds of bikes.
I only know he had some stupid crash. Don't know much beyond it. Seems like a pretty hard dude.

norbar

Jun 7, 2007
Just read about his demon rides. I used to do that kinda shit when I didnt give a fuck if I lived or died.
Freaks me out thinking about it now.

Good article...I like him more now.
https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/the-quiet-man-the-riddle-of-keanu-reeves-20000831
Yeah he's a surprisingly cool person given his father was essentially a drug smuggler. Though being raised with rockstars helps. I really have respect for actors who may not be the best but are honest with themselves and chose roles where they have fun. To a lesser extent this is why I don't bash Vin Diesel. He may look like a meathead but he chooses the roles he chooses because he is a huge nerd. He even tried teaching Dame Judy Dench Dungeons and Dragons (I wish I saw that). At least he is not pretending he is something he is not even if I may not like his "tough guy" persona. That also explains his super shitty non fast and furious movies. I remember there being a few other guys like them - on paper you don't know why would you like them but just people having fun doing what they love. I think Morgan Freeman also said this is why he is often in meh movies. He choses what looks like fun rather than eating bison liver and freezing your ass off to do a boring movie and win an Oscar like "Shakespeare in Love"