Quantcast

U.S. Nationals - Mammoth

black noise

Turbo Monkey
Dec 31, 2004
Santa Cruz
Heck yes I'm going. I was worried about not qualifying in JrX since everyone is fast, but I got in and now I'm stoked to ride the Ex/Semi/Pro course.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
I'm going. I still need to qualify, hopefully at infineon. Being that there is only 3 other guys in my class as of now, hopefully I'm a shoe in. Mammoth is offering a pretty decent deal for the Village and Juniper Springs. $53/person/night.

Heath Sherratt

Turbo Monkey
Jun 17, 2004
In a healthy tension
MVRIDER said:
I'm going. I still need to qualify, hopefully at infineon. Being that there is only 3 other guys in my class as of now, hopefully I'm a shoe in. Mammoth is offering a pretty decent deal for the Village and Juniper Springs. $53/person/night.
Careful, that's if you have at least four people staying in a two bedroom place. Kinda decieveing.

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
I am unable to go to Infineon and Mammoth(assuming I actually qualified). I guess I could go to Infineon...work all night, get off early at 6am, haul ass up and practice, then race, try and drive home with out killing myself. Mmmmm, we'll see.

MVRIDER, where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you up at Northstar for awhile. You must be resting up for Infineon huh? Either that or you're swimming in Tahoe poo again.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
J_B said:
I am unable to go to Infineon and Mammoth(assuming I actually qualified). I guess I could go to Infineon...work all night, get off early at 6am, haul ass up and practice, then race, try and drive home with out killing myself. Mmmmm, we'll see.

MVRIDER, where the hell have you been? I haven't seen you up at Northstar for awhile. You must be resting up for Infineon huh? Either that or you're swimming in Tahoe poo again.
Well, After I saw you up there on that Friday, I decided to take another run down sticks, because everything was still closed for your race. So I was just crusing down, ok maybe a little bit past cruising :evil: and...mmmm..I'm not really sure what happend but I totally crashed and ate sh!t. Back in February, I broke my left wrist and elbow, so I kinda re-injured both of them, and somehow (I'm still trying to figure out how) I broke my big toe!!! :mumble: So, I'v been doing alot of stuff other than riding lately. I was finally able to do some drops and stuff just last week, went for a first xc ride this weekend. I think it's almost healed up now, and if it's ok by this weekend I may head up there for a day trip.

Hey, if you cant make Infineon, but want to qualify for Nationals, the Mammoth regional championships are this weekend. Top 10 qualify for Nationals.

Heath Sherratt-Thanks, I forgot to mention that to everyone, I guess that is an important little detail!!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
MVRIDER said:
Well, After I saw you up there on that Friday, I decided to take another run down sticks, because everything was still closed for your race. So I was just crusing down, ok maybe a little bit past cruising :evil: and...mmmm..I'm not really sure what happend but I totally crashed and ate sh!t. Back in February, I broke my left wrist and elbow, so I kinda re-injured both of them, and somehow (I'm still trying to figure out how) I broke my big toe!!! :mumble: So, I'v been doing alot of stuff other than riding lately. I was finally able to do some drops and stuff just last week, went for a first xc ride this weekend. I think it's almost healed up now, and if it's ok by this weekend I may head up there for a day trip.

Hey, if you cant make Infineon, but want to qualify for Nationals, the Mammoth regional championships are this weekend. Top 10 qualify for Nationals.

Heath Sherratt-Thanks, I forgot to mention that to everyone, I guess that is an important little detail!!
You cruising? Riiiiiite....more like skimming the top and hauling ass. Bummer about your wrist and elbow reinjured and your toe. At least you won't be kicking anybody in the ass with that foot for awhile.

I wish I could go this weekend but a friend of mine decided to twist my arm into a pretzel and force me to go to Whistler next week. That means time with the baby boy and the wife until I leave. :p

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
Heath Sherratt said:
Are you sure that regional is this weekend? I am pretty sure it is the weekend before infineon.
Yep, Dh is on Sat 8/20, and XC is on the 21st. I can't find the big web page on it, they just have this little pop up thing on the main mountain biking page.

MVRIDER

Monkey
Sep 23, 2003
Mtn. View, Ca.
J_B said:
You cruising? Riiiiiite....more like skimming the top and hauling ass. Bummer about your wrist and elbow reinjured and your toe. At least you won't be kicking anybody in the ass with that foot for awhile.

I wish I could go this weekend but a friend of mine decided to twist my arm into a pretzel and force me to go to Whistler next week. That means time with the baby boy and the wife until I leave. :p

Whistler?!? Right on!! how long are you going to be up there? That's my goal for next year for sure, eh!

J_B

Monkey
Sep 20, 2004
In My '09 WRX STI
MVRIDER said:
Whistler?!? Right on!! how long are you going to be up there? That's my goal for next year for sure, eh!
A planned 3 days of riding. The only thing that will suck is the drive. I had planned for next year but the Disneyland trip scratched that idea.

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
So far there are quite a few of us coming up from SoCal. With some of us having different lodging agenda's. But it'll be cool to see a good turn out of the Cali guys there!

Tonycalves

Monkey
Feb 16, 2005
PB SanDiego/NYC
I drove up from SD in May. Got 1 1/2 of iding and destroyed my collar bone. Then drove all the way back to NYC to see my Doctor. I turned out to be a rode trip that hasn't ended yet. DO IT!!!

Alex966

Monkey
May 6, 2005
Charlotte, NC
Tonycalves said:
I drove up from SD in May. Got 1 1/2 of iding and destroyed my collar bone. Then drove all the way back to NYC to see my Doctor. I turned out to be a rode trip that hasn't ended yet. DO IT!!!

haha that's crazy! lol I could do with out the broken collarbone! But I might go up to Mammoth the weekend before the Nationals so I can learn the course and get a feeling for the terrain, so I can make a tire decision.

ito

Mr. Schwinn Effing Armstrong
Oct 3, 2003
Avoiding the nine to five
Anyone here driving out of the bay area? I'm looking for a ride and don't want to travel to Santa Barbara just to drive back up.

I can leave whenever and am more than willing to chip in for gas/beer/whores.

the Ito