Quantcast

U.S. plan: Threat level for every flyer

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
Originally posted by Damn True
Not me.
I know I won't be red-flagged for some sort of suspicious or illegal deed.
:rolleyes:
Dude... The point that he/we are trying to make is that YES... YOU CAN BE FLAGGED. Computers are not 100% foolproof. This system is total BS. I don't think that people are really afraid of flagging REAL threats... they are worried about flagging people by MISTAKE.

That's like you saying... go ahead Mr. CHP... Profile me.
Innocent people are harassed b/c they fit some "TYPE".
It's illegal for the police to do it. It should be illegal for Uncle Sam or the airport to do it.

You are only for these things b/c you don't think they will affect YOU. Meanwhile, peoples individual liberties are being taken away left and right... in this so-called "Land of Freedom"

:angry: :mad: :dead:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Not me.
I gotta tell you, I use credit reports every day at work, and they frequently contain outdated or incorrect information. Just wait, and I guarantee that this system will flag someone an 80 year old grandmother in a wheelchair as red.

DRB

unemployed bum
Oct 24, 2002
Watchin' you. Writing it all down.
But can you imagine the difference if this plan had been thought up 5 years ago in Clinton's administration.

The folks that are for it now would be tripping all over themselves to condemn it.

patconnole

Monkey
Jun 4, 2002
bellingham WA
Not me.

So we'll just ignore the slippery slope? This attitude reminds me of that sign posted here, "Saddam only kills his own people, it's none of our business."= not my problem. I think we need to pre-emptively strike down this potential threat to civil liberties.

Triphop

Chimp
Sep 10, 2002
Not me.
I have to agree with everyone else's response to this...

True...would you be okay with the government stopping you on the street and searching your person without warrant? How about coming into your home without warrant? You should not mind this intrusive practice of the government agencies...afterall you have nothing to hide. :rolleyes:

Silver

find me a tampon
Jul 20, 2002
Orange County, CA
Came across this little gem today concerning this issue:

You may not like this new system, but you've got to admit that it is better than spending money on things such as x-raying every single bag, improving explosive detection (both high-tech devices and low-tech K-9 units), and developing and enforcing strict cockpit access measures. The true genius of this new identity profile system is that, by targeting passengers, the US Government ensures that the flying public is safe from sabotage of aircraft by airport workers and also that no plane is shot down by a small surface to air missile.

Courtesy of a guy with the user name of zyxwvutsr on plastic.com

LordOpie

MOTHER HEN
Oct 17, 2002
Denver
i'm thinking it'd still be cheaper to install sleeping gas in every plane and making the cockpit bomb-proof. Sure, IF a terrorist gets on board and the pilot has to gas the plane, some innocent people may get hurt, but the odds of said passenger getting hurt or sick from the sleeping gas would be rather low.

the BIG cheese

The STUFF
Feb 26, 2002
stick red
Originally posted by LordOpie
i'm thinking it'd still be cheaper to install sleeping gas in every plane and making the cockpit bomb-proof. Sure, IF a terrorist gets on board and the pilot has to gas the plane, some innocent people may get hurt, but the odds of said passenger getting hurt or sick from the sleeping gas would be rather low.
good idea, but the cockpit bomb proof? what happens when the cockpit is bombproof and the rest isnt when a bomb explodes inside the airplane? the fuslage detaches from the "bomb-proof" cockpit and the bombproof cockpit plunges 10,000 feet. atleast it will be reuseable