Quantcast

UCI rule changes for 2007

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
ok so who wants to start a "post 20 rule" private trade team.

get enought together all us unsponsered riders could have a

team and do world cups. who wants to head it?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Sure, raise the $1200 for trade team registration and then some more money for flights or so and it's no problem. :) You DO get free pit space though as a registered trade team I believe.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
Sure, raise the $1200 for trade team registration and then some more money for flights or so and it's no problem. :) You DO get free pit space though as a registered trade team I believe.
Transcend,

Do you know any rule that might mention that the 20-point requirement would be waived for those who attended the World Championships? Or if a rider placed within a certain placing in any World Cup event or overall series?

For example: It seems to me if you placed on the podium (at minimum) of either than you wouldn't need to go collect 20 points before WC#1. There are obvious reasons why riders wouldn't want to go get 20 points, but what if someone had surgery in the off season and they weren't healed enough to go pick up 20 points before WC#1.

Thanks!

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
Transcend,

Do you know any rule that might mention that the 20-point requirement would be waived for those who attended the World Championships? Or if a rider placed within a certain placing in any World Cup event or overall series?

For example: It seems to me if you placed on the podium (at minimum) of either than you wouldn't need to go collect 20 points before WC#1. There are obvious reasons why riders wouldn't want to go get 20 points, but what if someone had surgery in the off season and they weren't healed enough to go pick up 20 points before WC#1.

Thanks!
With the UCI, anything i spossible. As of this time I have no information besides what I have posted. I am waiting to hear back from a few UCI officials now, but the exact wording and rule hasn't been worked out yet, I imagine.

All 3 memos II have seen so far have been vague, at best.

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Fraser, I just emailed you the OFFICAL ammended UCI rules PDF. Feel free to post it.

Summary, 20 points
ability of fed's to enroll 6 riders as a "national team" with obligatory national kit.

BC VAN

Monkey
May 4, 2005
this whole deal is just plain stupid, it's freakin bike racing not national security, it's no one's business to see rider contracts, strictly confidential or not.
someone please grab a hold of the shoulders of the person who made this decision and help them pull thier head out of thier azz!

dondon

Monkey
I agree, its stupid to prevent people from racing, all you are doing is stifling the sport. Especially in the US when we want to encourage riders to aspire to World Cup Racing...and have Dh grow in general...i would agree on some points or qualification rule, it keeps the World Cups Elite and something to work for, also you keep it safe for the pros who are pinning it in practise. But the fact remains there are not enough races in the US with high enough classification to award points to those that dont already have it....if it only goes 5 deep, the same five who already have points just get more, thus not opening any slots for new up and comers who deserve to be racing in the world cup. thus 20 point rule is simply too high for most to attain. Maybe 5 or 10 points..then you could do some local C2 races and scrounch a point or two....But the main travesty is the UCI not giving a 12 month notice...so racers and organisers and federations could make sure they hosted UCI points races....this was not done last year so it leaves most this year high and dry.

Surfing has the Elite WCT, which you have to qualify for on the WQS.
at the end of the year those ranked high enough on the WQS gain entry to the WCT (and if those surfers are already ranked on the WCT then the slot goes to the next highest surfer on the WQS) this allows for new talent, development and opportunity.

Since there are so few points on offer it would be good if some how USA cycling could also allocate points to the next placing riders who dont have any....or for the very least take a pro active step, and enter them in as a "national rider"

I have over 20 points, just, but am flying home to do two National Rounds in South Africa in March just to bump my points up, who knows what they spring on us next.

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM

so, what we need 12 pros to get $100 dollars together.
i can round that up.

can you do the rest reg and logoart?

why would me need flight tickets?

Transcend

My Nuts Are Flat
Apr 18, 2002
Towing the party line.
so, what we need 12 pros to get $100 dollars together.
i can round that up.

can you do the rest reg and logoart?

why would me need flight tickets?
Max of 10 riders (UCI imposed limit). You will need contracts. You would need insurance as their is no factory liability insurance. Right there you will run out of time hoss, unfortunately.

General Lee

Turbo Monkey
Oct 16, 2003
The 802
from the wording i can't tell f the rule means 10 riders will be allowed to enter from each individual trade team seeking entry, or if 10 total trade team riders will be allowed to enter.

guess i won't be racing st. anne this year:disgust:

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Max of 10 riders (UCI imposed limit). You will need contracts. You would need insurance as their is no factory liability insurance. Right there you will run out of time hoss, unfortunately.

you have your 20 points?
or do you want to make a run at this?

i can go eather way really. if AF is on the

schedule i would rather to it than masters worlds.

what exactlly kind of insurance?

what two weeks from now is the dead line.

Pbody

Monkey
Oct 30, 2003
What is the current deadline for registering a Team? Looking at the rules on UCI's website, it is February 15th. Can you confirm?