Quantcast

Ucla

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Hey guys, know any good spots/trails around UCLA?
We should try and set up a ride soon . . . although I have no car. I really do not know this area at all, I was in SD last week and I was fine on the trail but I am pretty rusty when it comes to getting airborne.
I've ridden Kenter once but I have no idea where it is . . .

reflux

Turbo Monkey
Mar 18, 2002
G14 Classified
Are you new to LA/Pasadena? The best (and only) spot I know of is Mt. Wilson. I've only been there a couple times, so maybe someone with more info can help you out.

webb

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
echo park
kenter's pretty nice, especially for you since you don't need to drive from UCLA.

go west on sunset, cross over the 405, take a right on kenter. go up.

once you get to the top of the road, walk you bike through the gate and keep going on the fire road. the whoop de doo trail is alot of fun, when you get to a wire/concrete fence on the left (before you get to the water tower), drop in.

these might help also:
http://www.singletrackmind.com/Mountain Biking Southern California Index Page.htm
http://www.socalmtb.com/

enjoy.

bfranke

Monkey
Feb 9, 2004
San Diego
I plan on being at Kenter Tuesday and Wednesday afternoon, let me know if you plan on going.

I can also act as a tour guide for Mt. Wilson, nothing extreme, just miles of downhill singletrack.

webb

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
echo park
bfranke-

heading to mt. wilson anytime soon? I haven't been back there, it'd be great to check it out.

bjanga

Turbo Monkey
Dec 25, 2004
San Diego
Any chance you guys wanna haul my sorry ass up there, too?
I can meet you somewhere in Westwood . . .

tgreathead

Monkey
Jan 14, 2005
Los Angeles
I might be down to do Wilson on Friday if its earlier in the day. My first (and only) time was in December so I haven't seen the rain damage. Did they clear the crazy landslide yet?

Oh yeah, before I forget, would we be shuttling? :D

marlopez

Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
West LA
webb said:
kenter's pretty nice, especially for you since you don't need to drive from UCLA.
wow...i definitely can't imagine riding up kenter from sunset...thats one hell of a long climb on pavement

webb

Chimp
Mar 13, 2005
echo park
2 miles.... yeah but if you're trying to ride anywhere around UCLA without driving, you're going to hit something like that.

but just about everytime I go, there's a couple of people riding up the pavement.