Quantcast

Uh oh, the "pot smokers never hurt anyone" arguement shot

Damn True

Monkey Pimp
Sep 10, 2001
Between a rock and a hard place.
.....or shall we call it beheaded...

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20040924/od_nm/crime_malawi_beheadings_dc_1

Marijuana Smoker Beheads Two Women

Fri Sep 24,12:39 PM ET Add Oddly Enough - Reuters to My Yahoo!

BLANTYRE, Malawi (Reuters) - A Malawian man believed to be high on marijuana beheaded two women with an axe Friday, police in the southern African country said.

The man, in his mid-20s, beheaded a 52-year-old woman while she worked in her garden with her daughter and did the same to a 68-year-old friend who came to the daughter's aid, police spokesman Kelvin Maigwa told Reuters.

"The unsuspecting woman greeted the stranger who, instead, threw the axe at her, aiming at the chest," Maigwa said.

He said police found marijuana, or hemp, when they searched the suspect's home.

"The house was full of stench from recently smoked hemp. We believe he had an overdose of the hemp that made him go berserk," Maigwa said, adding that the walls of the house bore quotations from famous reggae songs.

Police have launched a manhunt for the killer, who fled into the bush after the attacks.

Tully

Monkey
Oct 8, 2003
Seattle, WA
I belive it was a couple years ago that someone in the Seattle area, who had been smoking pot dipped in embalming fluid, was naked on a metro bus and killed someone--forgive me if I got the details (I heard it on the radio yesterday morning), but I do know that pot and embalming fluid (which seems to be quite powerful on its own) were involved.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
I say if people want to smoke pot let them...one day they will learn to look inside themselves for solutions to whatever issues they're facing.....D

Curiouscaptian01

It's not poo
Dec 1, 2003
California
Tully said:
I belive it was a couple years ago that someone in the Seattle area, who had been smoking pot dipped in embalming fluid, was naked on a metro bus and killed someone--forgive me if I got the details (I heard it on the radio yesterday morning), but I do know that pot and embalming fluid (which seems to be quite powerful on its own) were involved.
embalming fluid... thats a bitch

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
BMXman said:
I say if people want to smoke pot let them...one day they will learn to look inside themselves for solutions to whatever issues they're facing.....D
Way to harsh my mellow, dude.

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
BMXman said:
Or maybe most people don't smoke pot because of "issues they're facing" at all.

Jesus

Monkey
Jun 12, 2002
Louisville, KY
BMXman said:
thank you....D
Your welcome. Us non-f'd up people need to stick together.

Keep watching this thread, cause somebody's going to start spouting how great Kerry is in a minute...

HIPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
Jesus said:
Yeah right.

HIPPIE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes:

Negative on that one, I'm actually a registered republican (not that I'm a fan of Bush). And I haven't smoked in almost 5 years. Maybe if you had tried it, you would know that people do it because it feels incredible, not because they're avoiding "issues" as BMXman ignorantly purports.

Curb Hucker

I am an idiot
Feb 4, 2004
Sleeping in my Kenworth
fonseca said:

Negative on that one, I'm actually a registered republican (not that I'm a fan of Bush). And I haven't smoked in almost 5 years. Maybe if you had tried it, you would know that people do it because it feels incredible, not because they're avoiding "issues" as BMXman ignorantly purports.
i respond with

Jesus said:
HIPPIE ALERT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fonseca

Monkey
May 2, 2002
Virginia
I'll becaome a hippie once I retire with plenty of cash. Then I will be able to afford all the KB I want, and sit around in trees smoking it. Like a terrorist.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
fonseca said:
Maybe if you had tried it, you would know that people do it because it feels incredible, not because they're avoiding "issues" as BMXman ignorantly purports.

"ignorantly puports"?...you have no idea of my knowledge on the subject...so please stick to what you know....and again why a person can't feel incredible without the aid of pot is an "issue"....D

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
what a load of crap this is.
I'm from belgium. Since small portions of weed have been depenalized (no longer prosecuted if you have about 3 grams on you) we have some the strongest Marihuana in the world. It goes as high (...) as 30% THC, and believe me we still roll 'em green.
And you know what: there's no dope murders here. No naked people in buses either. Neither in even countries such as the netherlands of switserland, where the laws are even more liberal than here

So i tells ya: it's all a load of crap, what they say in articles such as the malawi axe murderer.
If ever this is a true story, there's thousands that would prove/illustrate the opposite as well.
And now, where's the long leaves....

Lexx D

Dirty Dozen
Mar 8, 2004
NY
Jesus said:
Your welcome. Us non-f'd up people need to stick together.

Keep watching this thread, cause somebody's going to start spouting how great Kerry is in a minute...

HIPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That would be me. But I'm just a hippie who can't hold a job and wastes your oxygen. :think: So what do i know.

valve bouncer

Master Dildoist
Feb 11, 2002
Japan
BadFastard said:
what a load of crap this is.
I'm from belgium. Since small portions of weed have been depenalized (no longer prosecuted if you have about 3 grams on you) we have some the strongest Marihuana in the world. It goes as high (...) as 30% THC, and believe me we still roll 'em green.
And you know what: there's no dope murders here. No naked people in buses either. Neither in even countries such as the netherlands of switserland, where the laws are even more liberal than here

So i tells ya: it's all a load of crap, what they say in articles such as the malawi axe murderer.
If ever this is a true story, there's thousands that would prove/illustrate the opposite as well.
And now, where's the long leaves....
The Belgium pot is pretty good....that and your beer and you blokes have it made. :thumb: :D

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
Umm... yeah, thats a stupid title to this thread. Do you kow what kind of crap is IN some of the stuff they have in Malawi?

Last year when my ex went to Milawi Africa to work with children she heard about some of the shizz they do. Besides, knowing Milawi... it probably had something to do with either religion or AIDS. They are the only 2 things that Milawi is known for.

A portion of the Milawi pop. is Rastafarian... Freaky how we dont get more beheadings huh? :rolleyes: Your view on Majijuana = N8's view on politics.

jmvar

Monkey
Aug 16, 2002
"It was a funny angle!"
embalming fluid...
Yeah it's called boat, and you can dip your cigarettes in it too and it will make you just as crazy....so no, the pot is not what made that person ride the metro naked....

This thread is so funny.......you guys need to ride your bikes more instead of pretending to know why each and every person on this earth smokes pot.

Would you deny it to the cancer patient who is going through chemo and uses it to induce appetite and get some giggles? or is that person pissed off because mommy and daddy didn't hug them when they were little and they need pot to make them feel secure?

J

JRB

I never knew AIDS caused peeps to behead other peeps. I learned a lot today.

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
I'm sure he was a perfectly normal, well-adjusted and nonviolent fellow until he got a hold of that wicked devil's hemp. In fact, other than red eyes, goofy grins and the munchies, axe murder is the first thing that jumps into my mind in word association questions involving cannabis users(or abusers). Sure, Malawi weed is quite good, especially the golden sativa sensi harvested around Monkey Bay on Lake Nyasa, but it's not THAT good. :rolleyes:

Malawi Gold

These are wild seeds selected from some of the most experienced Cannabis growers in Malawi. Malawi Gold is renowned as one of the best and finest Sativas from Africa. In Malawi, the buds are cured after being tightly bound in banana leaf to give a compact, potent, gold-coloured finish. The flavour could be described as sweet / floral with hints of pineapple. The high has an enjoyably alert mental clarity, but is very psychoactive and long lasting. THC = 9-13%.

Strain: Pure Sativa
Parentage: True breeding strain (pure-bred or stabilized hybrid)
Planting: Indoor / Outdoor
Flowering: 84 days / Nov
Yield: Average

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
llkoolkeg said:
Malawi Gold

These are wild seeds selected from some of the most experienced Cannabis growers in Malawi. Malawi Gold is renowned as one of the best and finest Sativas from Africa. In Malawi, the buds are cured after being tightly bound in banana leaf to give a compact, potent, gold-coloured finish. The flavour could be described as sweet / floral with hints of pineapple. The high has an enjoyably alert mental clarity, but is very psychoactive and long lasting. THC = 9-13%.

Strain: Pure Sativa
Parentage: True breeding strain (pure-bred or stabilized hybrid)
Planting: Indoor / Outdoor
Flowering: 84 days / Nov
Yield: Average
She smoked some of this while there she said...

BTW, new bags in as of this weekend... Several Xstrains. The only pure strain is called Warlock, its light brownish green, tastes kind of grainy and sweet, like a nutrigrain bar)... 2nd strain was G. O. D. crossed with Bubblegum, nice little popcorn nuggets dark green with hints of orange and purple... but sadly the bubblegum flavor did not come across very much, its very mild, looks, tastes, and smells like G. O. D. with a slight hint of bubblegum on the exhale... The last and best of the bunch is Mountain berry crossed with grapefruit, this one is like a novelty, it tastes a LOT like grapefruit and the buds are very pretty.

All this shizz is from the coast and was VERY well grown and professionally harvested. However the fresh mystery indica I had last week, the super sticky, velcro stuff, was better than all of these.

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BMXman said:
"ignorantly puports"?...you have no idea of my knowledge on the subject...so please stick to what you know....and again why a person can't feel incredible without the aid of pot is an "issue"....D
mhmm.. Your knowledge on the subject extends to your own personal experiences, and you cannot possibly know everyone's reasons for or experiences with smoking pot. Therefore, your statement was made in ignorance.

Any blanket statement like that is the perfect definition of ignorance.

I'm not getting into whether smoking weed makes you a hippie/terrorist/idiot/whatever, but there are plenty of things that can make someone feel "incredible", and simply because one chooses to smoke pot as one of those things, doesn't mean they can't feel just as good without it.

Not all people who smoke weed use it as a crutch.

This discussion will quickly be moved to the political forum, I imagine.

BadFastard

Monkey
Jan 29, 2002
Belgium
llkoolkeg said:
In fact, other than red eyes, goofy grins and the munchies, axe murder is the first thing that jumps into my mind in word association questions involving cannabis users(or abusers).
You have that too?
Cool. We should smoke some spliffs together and dig up the axes for a walk down town. Nothing like a good axe murder after your smokez

binary visions

The voice of reason
Jun 13, 2002
NC
BadFastard said:
You have that too?
Cool. We should smoke some spliffs together and dig up the axes for a walk down town. Nothing like a good axe murder after your smokez
I'll bring frozen Milky Ways if I can borrow an axe and get in on this action...

llkoolkeg

Ranger LL
Sep 5, 2001
in da shed, mon, in da shed
BadFastard said:
You have that too?
Such fun it is, too! Why smoke kind bud, drink a fine beer and ride your bike or get laid when you can truly enjoy your buzz with a nice hatchet beheading. If you do anything less while high, you are simply leaving full enjoyment of the experience unrealized. :D

And don't forget those munchies, BV!

-BB-

I broke all the rules, but somehow still became mo
Sep 6, 2001
Livin it up in the O.C.
BMXman said:
:nopity:

Uh... I don't think that he said that Donnie. You are over reacting and taking his comment out of context. Maybe YOU had some issues with it in the past, but all he said was that he thought it felt incredible. Your comment though, saying that someone who smokes "can't feel incredible without the aid of pot" is totally different.

That is like saying that because you feel incredible while biking, you can't feel incredible seeing your kid walk for the first time... or by skiing, seeing a sunset... That biking deadened your senses.

Not everyone that smokes has issues, and not everyone with issues smokes.
Maybe you had a friend or something that did, but that is not indicative of everyone. :rolleyes:

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
-BB- said:
:nopity:

Uh... I don't think that he said that Donnie. You are over reacting and taking his comment out of context. Maybe YOU had some issues with it in the past, but all he said was that he thought it felt incredible. Your comment though, saying that someone who smokes "can't feel incredible without the aid of pot" is totally different.

That is like saying that because you feel incredible while biking, you can't feel incredible seeing your kid walk for the first time... or by skiing, seeing a sunset... That biking deadened your senses.

Not everyone that smokes has issues, and not everyone with issues smokes.
Maybe you had a friend or something that did, but that is not indicative of everyone. :rolleyes:
you need to re-read my post...I have also noticed that the people who defend pot usage the most are users typically...Pot has damaging effects on the body plain and simple...so if someone is using it knowing this then I think they have issues...again this is all my own opinion. I feel the same way about smoking cigs and booze....it just makes no sense to me....D

D

Dingus McGee

This rastaman clearly had other issues. The fact that the killer (no filler intended) was a chronic pot-smoker only serves to blow the theory that the Weed with Roots in Hell was somehow involved, out of the water. Bad sentence, but hey........I doubt the weed had any real effect on this sociopath. I heard on NPR's Science Friday that it has been found that the brain produces the very same cannibinoid found in weed, naturally. I can't smoke the sheet anymore, it's ridiculous to try to maintain (for me) and function baked. I'm a one-hit wonder. I don't see how you guys can pull it off daily. To each their own, I fully support a person's right to burn.

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
binary visions said:
mhmm.. Your knowledge on the subject extends to your own personal experiences, and you cannot possibly know everyone's reasons for or experiences with smoking pot. Therefore, your statement was made in ignorance.

Any blanket statement like that is the perfect definition of ignorance.

I'm not getting into whether smoking weed makes you a hippie/terrorist/idiot/whatever, but there are plenty of things that can make someone feel "incredible", and simply because one chooses to smoke pot as one of those things, doesn't mean they can't feel just as good without it.

Not all people who smoke weed use it as a crutch.

This discussion will quickly be moved to the political forum, I imagine.
I don't claim to know why everyone uses pot...all I'm saying is pot is harmful to the body so why someone would chose it as a means of making themselves feel good vs. other more healthy ways seems illogical to me...D

BMXman

I wish I was Canadian
Sep 8, 2001
Victoria, BC
Dingus McGee said:
This rastaman clearly had other issues. The fact that the killer (no filler intended) was a chronic pot-smoker only serves to blow the theory that the Weed with Roots in Hell was somehow involved, out of the water. Bad sentence, but hey........
yeah I think so....D