Quantcast

ultimate CO roadtrip

scratch

Chimp
Jan 1, 2005
denver, co
wassup all you lucky suckers with the mountains!

i'm gonna take off for about 10 days in the middle of august to salvage what little bit of summer i have between work and school. i think i'm gonna load up the van with my dog, some clothes, a little money, and both bikes (hardtail and as-x), and drive.

planning on hitting angel fire for a day, then set up base in keystone where my family will quite possibly meet me (free room and food).

what would be the best plan as far as riding CO goes? i'm willing to drive if the ride will be worth it. i'm thinking keystone will be pretty entertaining, possibly those jumps mentioned in threads below (can't remember the name), and the rest is unknown.

what are the worthy places to hit when on a CO trip?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Come up to the 'Boat on Fri. I'm organizing a crew to do the Fish Creek shuttle/dh. Your AS-X is perfect for this ride. It's techy and rocky 7.5 mile dh that'll take you about 1.5 hours to get all the way down. I can't figure out to take my big DH (BB is too low) or my 5" (not enough travel, and low BB). PM me if you want to join in.

Pau11y

dream4est

Monkey
Jan 28, 2003
Pau11y said:
Come up to the 'Boat on Fri. I'm organizing a crew to do the Fish Creek shuttle/dh. Your AS-X is perfect for this ride. It's techy and rocky 7.5 mile dh that'll take you about 1.5 hours to get all the way down. I can't figure out to take my big DH (BB is too low) or my 5" (not enough travel, and low BB). PM me if you want to join in.

Pau11y
which friday? that sounds like fun. post more info as the ride day approaches.

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
dream4est said:
which friday? that sounds like fun. post more info as the ride day approaches.
Yeah! I'm totally in too. (Hope that was an open invite to us all?) But you know I gotta do it after you telling me about it at Vail!

Can I suggest a date? How about the 12th of August?

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
In 3 days maing... can you make it? If yeah, I'll PM you driving directions and more info.

SylentK, hell yeah, totally. If you want in and can make it, I'll PM you w/ some more info. You heard that one dude talking about it when we were at Vail right? Now all we have to do is figure out how in the hell to get everyone and their bike up there...lol! Multi-car shuttle...? I think there's at least 3 on this end including myself. It maybe a thought to get Alpine Taxi to do something, so we don't put our cars thru it. It's not the nicest drive...

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
Ok, called the Taxi. They'll do it for $75.00/hour and it'll take one hour. Just spoke to the crazy chic on my end and the reply was, "We've got trucks." So, I guess I'm in for gas money :D
11:00 am in the Well Fargo parking lot on 3rd street this Fri. They're bringing 2 chain ring'd 6" bikes. I'm bringing my 204 Magnum (I've got to work on her a bit...), and body armor w/ full face lid. There's a total of 4 riders on my end at this point, maybe more to come when the word gets out.

mwill

Chimp
Jun 23, 2005
Texas
scratch said:
wassup all you lucky suckers with the mountains!

i'm gonna take off for about 10 days in the middle of august to salvage what little bit of summer i have between work and school. i think i'm gonna load up the van with my dog, some clothes, a little money, and both bikes (hardtail and as-x), and drive.

planning on hitting angel fire for a day, then set up base in keystone where my family will quite possibly meet me (free room and food).

what would be the best plan as far as riding CO goes? i'm willing to drive if the ride will be worth it. i'm thinking keystone will be pretty entertaining, possibly those jumps mentioned in threads below (can't remember the name), and the rest is unknown.

what are the worthy places to hit when on a CO trip?
Sounds sweet dude a couple of friends and I are doing the same thing we are leaving texas on the 19 and going to be in Keystone till the 27 we hope to do vail, keystone, and breck but not sure we are just going to see how it goes. Let me know what dates you will be there maybe we can ride together. I suck but my friends really suck so it would be cool to hook up with someone that could show us some stuff.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
mwill said:
Sounds sweet dude a couple of friends and I are doing the same thing we are leaving texas on the 19 and going to be in Keystone till the 27 we hope to do vail, keystone, and breck but not sure we are just going to see how it goes. Let me know what dates you will be there maybe we can ride together. I suck but my friends really suck so it would be cool to hook up with someone that could show us some stuff.
You're invited too. But if you come, bring a truck :D

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Pau11y said:
SylentK, if you're coming for Fish Creek, the time has been moved to 1:00pm Fri instead of 11:00am. Same parking lot tho.
Yo Pau11y!

Yes I'm in!

If you need to, PM me more info. Otherwise I'll see you guys at the parking lot at 1pm!

What do you recommend: The Superlight w/ 4" of squish or The DH Sled? (I don't mind pushing if I have to.)

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
SylentK said:
Yo Pau11y!

Yes I'm in!

If you need to, PM me more info. Otherwise I'll see you guys at the parking lot at 1pm!

What do you recommend: The Superlight w/ 4" of squish or The DH Sled? (I don't mind pushing if I have to.)
DH rig. You could rock a 5" freeride bike, but why when you have a full DH? I'll be on the Tomac, and shouldn't have to do too much pushing as we're getting dropped off at the trailhead. Do you know the town, and the parking lot I'm talking about? And, are you doing a one day turn around or staying for the weekend? The town is friggin' FULL w/ the Triple Crown phucks...just FYI.
Hey man, how's the big day planning coming? I'm gonna have to crash it :D

Edit: Anyone else in?

Edit II: Say, we've got to set up a camp/shuttle/cookout for the Marshall Pass DH by Monarch! I didn't speedo the distance, but it was LOOONG, and all singletrack. There are at least 2 off of Marshall Pass that I know of, both over 12 miles long (me thinks).

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Pau11y said:
DH rig. You could rock a 5" freeride bike, but why when you have a full DH? I'll be on the Tomac, and shouldn't have to do too much pushing as we're getting dropped off at the trailhead. Do you know the town, and the parking lot I'm talking about? And, are you doing a one day turn around or staying for the weekend? The town is friggin' FULL w/ the Triple Crown phucks...just FYI.
Hey man, how's the big day planning coming? I'm gonna have to crash it :D

Edit: Anyone else in?

Edit II: Say, we've got to set up a camp/shuttle/cookout for the Marshall Pass DH by Monarch! I didn't speedo the distance, but it was LOOONG, and all singletrack. There are at least 2 off of Marshall Pass that I know of, both over 12 miles long (me thinks).
Well alright! The Big Bike it is then!

Is Wells Fargo just at Highway 40 and 3rd? If so it shouldn't be that hard to find. But def let me know if I'm off.

Hmmm...I think I'm just coming up for a day trip.

The big day...man I wish it was here! Put me outta my misery! hahaha ;)

SylentK

Turbo Monkey
Feb 25, 2004
coloRADo
Pau11y said:
Those guys are being a bunch of women. Now they want to go at 9:00am to miss the heat. This might be a rough one on ya 'cause I think it's a 6:00am departure time. Think you can make that one?
9am? Like in the morning? Hahaha yeah I can still make it. I'll just pretend I'm getting in some fresh tracks....oh wait we kinda are!

Might have to take 'er easy on the sauce tonight!