Quantcast

updated north star map?

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Sorry but iIdon't think they will spend thousands just to add 1 trail. And I hope K-12 got F'ed up by snowload. Worst trail EVER!!! The guy was a great carpenter, but has NO IDEA how a DH bike turns or handles.

captainpolution

Turbo Monkey
Nov 18, 2004
dhtahoe said:
Sorry but iIdon't think they will spend thousands just to add 1 trail. And I hope K-12 got F'ed up by snowload. Worst trail EVER!!! The guy was a great carpenter, but has NO IDEA how a DH bike turns or handles.

amen to that, that's why i never did it :) plus the drop right there is more fun

Mar 10, 2005
Santa Cruz/Sacramento, Ca
Matt, you were just afraid of the heights.

But in all reality, that trail was a cool novelty for anyone who hadn't riden stunts before, but it completely sucked balls. I rember taking the first stunt down and going over the bars because I had to turn so hard once I landed back on the dirt.

Hopefully they can get something really nice set up with stunts. I, for one, wouldn't mind having a real trail with stunts littered about. Don't get me wrong, but sticks and stones could be so much more fun if they threw that stuff in and cleaned up the ruts.

cornholio

Chimp
May 6, 2005
captainpolution said:
amen to that, that's why i never did it :) plus the drop right there is more fun
i agree, i like the drop. i never did the stunts either, but that's because i'm a skill challenged rider and was scared of falling off.

i really liked the hipped drop at the end of pho dogg. that was sweet. the only drop at n* with an actual transition. with the new lift opening this year, i wonder if there's any chance they'll still have that. could be a problem since that's where everybody will be getting off the lift. maybe they could put up some ropes and herd everybody the other direction after getting off the lift?? it would be a real shame to see that feature gone.

btw, the lower karpiel drop is featured on the june cover of mountain biking magazine. there's a cool pic of boondocks inside too.

dhtahoe

I LOVE NORBA!!!!
Feb 4, 2002
Flying Low Living Fast
Yeah I think they (I) will come up with a way to still do the pho-dog drop. Also Forrest Philpot has returned to patrol (thank god). Forrest built both sticks and Boondocks. He is also a VERY fast DH rider for a non-racer. He knows how a bike turns and how it does not. So no over 90 switchbacks like the last guy. He also knows that bashing your MRP into a stunt 10-15 ft up IS BAD.