Quantcast

Updates

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
Couple of updates happened yesterday/today!

First is that we've got a new news system. Check the homepage to see it, and take a peek at the article from whistler and a preview of their park!

http://www.ridemonkey.com/blogs/news-9/whistler-bike-park-update-17/

Also, note that we changed up the order of the forums on the main forum page. Since the news system is no longer using the "best of ridemonkey" thread, and those forums are generally less active, we put the biking forums at the top. You'll have quicker access to the bike forums that you use most.

Let us know what you think, as if the forum order is no good we can always change it back. I'm really happy about the news system though, expect a lot more coverage coming in the near future!

Also any aspiring journalists/photographers/videographers out there please hit up the Journalist network group. We want your stories!

http://www.ridemonkey.com/forums/group.php?groupid=27

jonKranked

Detective Dookie
Nov 10, 2005
media blackout
No! Change is bad! :D

Personally, I liked the old layout of the forum listing page better. Would it be possible to make that user customizable? That way we could have a semi-personalized user portal for the forums listings?

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
No! Change is bad! :D

Personally, I liked the old layout of the forum listing page better. Would it be possible to make that user customizable? That way we could have a semi-personalized user portal for the forums listings?
Interesting idea! I'll look into this, I feel like it just might be possible.

Other opinions on the forum ordering?

Quo Fan

don't make me kick your ass
There was no vote, that ain't cool. Lounge belongs back on top.
In case you haven't noticed, this is not a democratic site. the site owners can do anything they want with the site. Proof is in the color change. On the flip side, they do listen to the membership about things. Be thankful they aren't banning you.

I could give two hoots about where anything is.

Mr.Bishop

King of Beers
Jun 2, 2009
Montreal
In case you haven't noticed, this is not a democratic site. the site owners can do anything they want with the site. Proof is in the color change. On the flip side, they do listen to the membership about things. Be thankful they aren't banning you.
Screw that - Your opinions are extremely important to us! You guys are the community, and what makes this site into what it is. If we don't listen, you leave, and there's little point to a site with no traffic.

Forum order adjusted... and I put the lounge right at the top...

Yes? No?

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Better, but I still like the idea of being able to order them ourselves.....I would like to have the forums I frequent the most at the top.

dante

Unabomber
Feb 13, 2004
looking for classic NE singletrack
Screw that - Your opinions are extremely important to us! You guys are the community, and what makes this site into what it is. If we don't listen, you leave, and there's little point to a site with no traffic.

Forum order adjusted... and I put the lounge right at the top...

Yes? No?
Oh great, now he's never going to stop bitching........... It's like feeding stray cats, you can't do it just once.