Quantcast

Urge Cabo Verde: Hans Rey GT Auction and Doucende's Trek Scratch

Ridemonkey.com

News & Reviews
Jun 26, 2009

More auctions are opening in support of children's education in Cape Verde. Right now you can bid on Hans Rey's GT bike, a TWR edition Trek Session; Fabian Barel's Mondraker sold for under 1700 euros.
---

Hans Rey, GT & Adidas Come to the Auctions

Have a look at all the auctions here, and decide which one is for you.

Rider’s Bike: Greg Doucende’s Scratch

Greg Doucende, Trek and Performance Parts have decided to auction the frame the rider will use in Cape Verde. A frame that will be a week old but already rich with history.

Greg, for your second time taking part in an Urge Event, you’ve decided to go even further in offering to auction the Trek Scratch frame you’ll be using at the race. Can you tell us a bit more about this bike?

It’s a bike I built especially for this race. According to the pre-ride checks the Pep’s Spirit team has done, the terrain seems really rocky, that’s why I;m going to play it safe with a Scratch and its 170mm travel. Plus the bike still is pretty light (under 14kg) thanks to kits from KCNC, American Classic, Control Tech and Blacx in order to climb easily at the start of the race.

Are Trek and Performance Parts, your sponsors, very involved in the humanitarian side of this adventure?

Of course, they were really impressed with the funds collected last year with Urge Nepal and supported me straight away for Urge Cabo Verde.

Let’s hope this bike will bring you the win! Are you proud ofhelping the Cape Verde children through your sport?

I really hope that through these auctions we will be able to collect at least as much money as last year or more for the kids in Cape Verde. It’s up to you now!

Attachments