Quantcast

US Open

Jan 21, 2004
South Central...(PA)
I can't begin to say enough about Diablo Freeride Park! That place is just awesome! I was there for the first time this weekend for the US Open. Although I didn't get to freeride much because of practicing for the race, I know that the rest of the 37 trails available are top-notch. I can't wait to get back there for a freeride weekend. I didn't do so well in the race but it was really inspiring to see some of the top pros shred the gnar with the greatest of ease. Sam Hill crushed the competition with a 2:53, winning by 4 seconds over Gary Houseman, who also had a fantastic sub-three minute run. Incredible feats, I must say. Get well wishes go out to Lars Tribus. He got hurt in practice and wasn't able to race. I was really looking forward to seeing him on his home turf. Aaron Chase was representin' though. We actually named a section of the course after him when we saw him in his qualifying run come ripping through this sick rock garden and launch off this little kicker, clearing a large section of jagged, run-ending goonies! I'm surprised he didn't throw a little pedal kick just to wow the crowd! Anyway, that section of the course became known to us as the "Chase jump" section. I got a few pictures but unfortunately, I don't have a digital camera. If anyone was there and has pictures, please post them. It's always great to see race photos! Great weekend! Can't wait until next year's event!

May 24, 2002
Boulder CO
I'll be staying in NYC in between WV and VT. I've never been to NY and was wondering how far Diablo is from the thick of the city (Washington Square) and if there was some train that went close to Diablo. (plus any rules pertaining to bringing a bike on a train)

Any help?

US open sounded sweet!

nixhexss

Monkey
Oct 17, 2001
New York
its pretty much an hr, hr and ten minutes at most from the city.

go on the hcor boards, you'll most definitely be able to find a ride over to diablo from someone in the city

and yeah, no trains