Quantcast

used bike help

MikeD

Leader and Demogogue of the Ridemonkey Satinists
Oct 26, 2001
chez moi
Sorry, man, I'm in San Diego...wish I'd have read this earlier, because I was in LA yesterday...

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
CRAP, Im ready to buy the frame but I want someone to have a look at it first. Especially since no one knows this guy.

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
Kanter,

I know Miguel. It's no scam. I can't vouch for the condition as I have not seen this particular frame. He usually rides his Bullit or V10. I can tell you he's about 5'4" so that explains the short seat post. By the way, all his bikes have MRP single rings. Trying to persuade him to get a DRS so he can ride up hills instead of push up. I left a message for him so I'll try and get some more details.

TYM

Monkey
Sep 10, 2001
Torrance CA
I spoke to him tonight. I'm sure you can buy from him with confidence. He mentioned you wanted to have Foes refurbish the frame. He doesn't mind delivering it to Foes for you. Then you make the arrangements with Foes to have it shipped direct to you.

Good luck.

Orvan

Mar 5, 2002
Califor-N.I.A.
I know that guy. I have ridden with him at BB by chance both on his Foes and V10...he's pretty fast but not hard on equipment. Would it help if I say that I passed that frame several times along the trails? :)

Good luck!

Timmo..come on up to fontucky this weekend. I'll help you on your bmxman-esque quadriple setup changes during each practice run. Good excuse to take a break eh?

Kntr

Turbo Monkey
Jan 25, 2003
Montana
Well, I couldn't bring myseld to buy a used frame. I bought my wife a 05 Big Hit instead. Im having the frame shipped to Avalanche for a Woody and it will get a Super T on the front. Plus now I can sell her old bike complete instead of transfering everything to the FLY. It was a little cheaper this way.

Thanks for the info TYM.