Quantcast

Usgp!

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
Off to get my butt handed to me tomorrow and then to do the same the following weekend in Bend! Anyone else coming out either weekend? Fun will be had by all

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Told ya sucker!

$30 on Timmy or J.Pow taking nationals.

Our tiny local cycling club managed to snag 2 UCI series wins this Weekend, with Jeremy for the USGP and Adam Myerson in the Verge Series.

I've always been a huge booster for Massachusetts, and this year we just can't be stopped!
_m

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
You'll see more pros, not less on tubies in the future. Multiple manufacturers in Taiwan added tubular machines to their equipment last year including Maxxis and Kenda.
I certainly prefer tubeless clinchers (of the NoTubes style), but it's hard to match the sales and marketing hype of glued on tires. They fit in with all the eurotrash hardman-love bull**** that is so easy to sell to the crowd that heard of embrocation yesterday.
Sick carbon wheels and clinchers don't mix.

ire

Turbo Monkey
Aug 6, 2007
You'll see more pros, not less on tubies in the future. Multiple manufacturers in Taiwan added tubular machines to their equipment last year including Maxxis and Kenda.
I certainly prefer tubeless clinchers (of the NoTubes style), but it's hard to match the sales and marketing hype of glued on tires. They fit in with all the eurotrash hardman-love bull**** that is so easy to sell to the crowd that heard of embrocation yesterday.
Sick carbon wheels and clinchers don't mix.
Clinchers are more practical. Then I wouldn't need a bunch of sets of wheels. I have a friend that runs the Reynolds carbon clincher for cross and he likes them. The biggest issue for me is the tire selection; none of the tires I've ridden are as supple as tubies. Plus, like you said, I heard of embrocation yesterday so I bought some tubies :D

SuspectDevice

Turbo Monkey
Aug 23, 2002
Roanoke, VA
Carbon wheels are becoming the norm these days. Carbon clinchers aren't as trendy. Anyone who already has so much money wrapped up in wheels probabally doesn't care. For pivateers and people on a budget tubeless clinches on light metal rims are by far the best **** you can buy. Marketing in the industry can't support that model w/out messing up their profits on the plastic stuff.
That's my forecast at least.

SteezyWeezy

Turbo Monkey
Apr 4, 2006
portland, oregon
u23 boys making me nervous for next weekend. mcdonald 6th the first day, 11th the next? with summerhill in 10th? yikes... im shooting for an unlapped finish in bend

day 1

day 2

Last edited: