Quantcast

Using pipe cutters instead of hacksaws??

punkassean

Turbo Monkey
Feb 3, 2002
SC, CA
Fury said:
I just mount the fork in the frame, install the stem with correct spacers, then hammer the **** outta the excess steerer until it bends over, firmly securing everything in place.
And here I was thinking that I was the only one utilizing such a high-tech method. :D :blah:

ChrisRobin

Turbo Monkey
Jan 30, 2002
Vancouver
What do machine shops do when they cut tubing with precision? A lathe?? I had my stanctions cut (the Stratos S7 fork is crazy tall for a 7" travel fork) and I noticed the ends of the tubes were a tad bit flared. It was barely noticeable so it might of been all in my head or maybe the way the edges felt. Either way, I filed them down a touch to make them smoothe.

Pau11y

Turbo Monkey
ChrisRobin said:
My type of riding: "Ga-narly-harley, jib-licking, dark jedi diamond, fro-ride, huck to vertical concrete, my-beat-to-sh!t-bike-is-MINT-condition-because-I'm-a-poser-kid-from-Alberta-or-BC, delta force sideways flip onto my face and swallow my teeth....riding"
Good lord man, where did you get this quote for your sig? I remember a Pink Bike refugee that went by NorCal Hucker who posted like this but w/ less control over his manners. Friggin' priceless...swallow my teeth...lol!

The Kadvang

I rule
Apr 13, 2004
six five oh
Pau11y said:
Good lord man, where did you get this quote for your sig? I remember a Pink Bike refugee that went by NorCal Hucker who posted like this but w/ less control over his manners. Friggin' priceless...swallow my teeth...lol!
You are on dangerous ground. Tread carefully, least the lord of the intraweb takes notice and decides to end your pitiful existence. He travels in stealth, and none but the faithful shall know his true identity. Cower, mortal.