Quantcast

v-10 cheaper then vp-free, or just a typo?

YETI187

Chimp
Nov 28, 2003
i'm a MAsshole!!!
looking at the new santacruz website, which is pretty nice, http://www.santacruzmtb.com/bicycles/v10.php?pricing=1 , it has the price of v-10 at $1650 (without floating disc) and vp-free (powdercoated) at $1650. this seems off, especially cause the v-10 with a junior-t is $2470, and well... if you pay that much for a junior-t at what should be a bike-build-discount, you're wasting money. the v-10 seems to have more intricate build process as far as appearing to be a more complex frame then the vp-free.

so does anybody know:
*what the msrp of the v-10 is?
*what the msrp of the vp-free is?
*does santacruz offer an e.p. program for the vp-free?
*how long the waiting list for the vp-free is?

DHS

Friendly Neighborhood Pool Boy
Apr 23, 2002
Sand, CA
Once again, we ask that no one talks about EP prices and such online. it just isn't right.

you best bet or all of these questions is to actually call Santa Cruz...

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
i can't remember where i found it, but there was a pdf of a complete price list on santa cruz' website before the redesign, and yes, the v10 was marginally cheaper (this all msrp) than the vp-free. go figure.

Pow pow

Chimp
Nov 18, 2003
Scotland
But when the V10 came out it was a much more expensive frame (In the UK anyway). I would have expected the initial price of the -VP-Free to be quite high and drop in subsequent years.
I also expect the New V10 to be more expensive than the VP-free when it comes out and them come down in price.

Jm_

sled dog's bollocks
Jan 14, 2002
AK
Originally posted by DHS
like he said

*does santacruz offer an e.p. program for the vp-free?

well jesus, he didn't ask how much the EP cost was.

also, it's perfectly understandable for a "new" bike to be more expensive than the estabilished bike. I'm sure the new mono-V10 will be a little more expensive than the Vpfree