Quantcast

V10 - FreeRide setup???

UnPlugged

Chimp
May 30, 2004
Israel
Hey you!

I'm about to get a v10 frame from a friend of mine, and I need to setup the frame for FR use.
I'm know that the frame wheel-base is long like a bus, but because the deal that I've found, I need to scarified a little. :blah:

So, eventually, how should I setup the frame?

Another thing... I'm in a dilemma about the Fork... How the Dorado in compare to the Shiver? (a specially in authenticity issue) how the Dorado stiffness compare to the shiver? .

Thanks a lot from head,
Mor.

Ice Bullit

Monkey
Mar 16, 2003
Seattle, WA
Ya I would have to agree about the freeride thing, although it is possible it is a racing bike, if you want to jump it good luck because it sticks to the ground like glue because of the wopping
-4" of travel.

Also I guess it depends on what type of freeriding you do, is it more trails, shore, jumping or what?

For the fork, I would go with a 888, unless you are just stuck on the whole inverted idea then I would go with a Shiver, I guess I just like the feel of Marzocchi a lot :)

Do what ever you want with the bike, its yours and have fun riding it. I got to ride a V-10 a while back, they are super smooth and solid bikes, you won't be disipointed.

UnPlugged

Chimp
May 30, 2004
Israel
Thanks guys!
So, my conclusions abot this issue is to setup the frame with racing components, and do downhill... and for FR, I use my 234 and broke my batt. What i'll gave for Foes The-Fly that fly away my dillemmas.. :rolleyes:

And Ice Bullit, I'm see where you talking from... I love the feel of zocci better than any fork that i've tried (no... i havent try Curnnat yet ;) ). I'm jest intesting in yours expirence...

Mor