Quantcast

Va & Surrounding Area Photo Thread!

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
you gotta throw up that shot of hunter's whip.
you going back to day? i'm gona grab tht tamp on the way out this morning.
he's actually workin on a turndown, his whips are more flat, not so vert.
I just thought it was kinda washed out lookin is all, I'll make it a point to get some more shots of you, they were all blurry or you just gettin your hands/feet back on the bike. hard to shoot in afternoon fall spotty sunlight..

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i think his back tire caught the last 8 inches of the landing on this one. hunter has a habit of doing that. we build it bigger, he over clears it, we build it bigger again...
i'm realy thinking about trying a backflip off the new hip, am i stupid or do you think i have chance. i've heard it's easier then 3s, just gotta grow a pair and try it. that ought to keep me a few steeps ahead of chase.

_bp

Monkey
Apr 20, 2004
Annandale
Build steeper. You guys obviously have some access to resources and space. But it looks like you guys could benefit from visiting a proper set of trails (dirt jumps). I don't want to come off the wrong way, quite the contrary, but I think you guys are missing out on a whole lot of jumping fun.

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Build steeper. You guys obviously have some access to resources and space. But it looks like you guys could benefit from visiting a proper set of trails (dirt jumps). I don't want to come off the wrong way, quite the contrary, but I think you guys are missing out on a whole lot of jumping fun.
Thanks!

give ya a little more info on em... (both privately owned)

-one spot; a trail feeds into the field, so big bikes will be ridden on it, a larger set is coming also..

-The other spot got love on a slalom style thing for a while, just haven't gotten to rebuilding the doubles (they deteriorated over the years they've been there) (dirt has to be brought in at this spot before adding anything)... owner doesn't want holes in field.

-both spots are on downhills

-both spots are constantly changing, criticism def. welcome and will be taken into consideration for sure, only make it better! sucks we don't have spots properly built closer to check out, not lucky enough to have something already made .....I do feel really lucky to have these spots that are always changing getting better and better all the time, prior to these spots we've had nothing but reg. xc style trails to ride)

-owners of both spots come from a moto background not a bmx; so that may have something to do with it also....

I'm sure landing these are right around the corner (lip here has been reworked since this pic, we all agreed it was way too flat)

spaceman ride for yourself! but if you have to compete, just 3 one of the doubles. (both of you are 270ing the hip anyway)

- I suck at jumping so even if it was steeper I woudln't be missing much.

May 12, 2005
roanoke va
i agree bp, we just don't have a tamp @ "spot numero uno" thats why it's so flat. it's imposable to get it to hold shape. working on that one.
oh and one uping is a plesant afterthought, but it is one of the best tools for progression.
"you think if i clear the doubles wes will?"

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
"you think if i clear the doubles wes will?"
just messin with hunt because he said it..... I don't think that.... also doesn't help that they get ridden on motos...

pop off log, hip/dive down into berm, really loamy right now, as you braaaaapppp through it you hear the roost spray the woods; good times...

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
Careful while pokin' around on private land in Franklin County. They might mistake you for a revenooooer and shoot you. :p
this is true, we have permission to be on the property we are on, the owners of the land ride. However, wondering off there land, could end with a 12guage in your grill quickly (have been warned already); lots of old stills around everywhere not something we/you want to mess with... this is the capital

nothing but back roads like these with noone anywhere near to hear a yell.... gunshots always go off so it's nothing to think of either.... yeehaw

tattooo pm sent..

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
tryin to learn how to jump a squish

he just slapped on the animal brake housing and the bb7 feels great with it, bar spins without pulling the brake line. (little long, knows it needs to be cut down some)

matt2991

penishead
Jun 12, 2006
the crescent jumps are doing well. Let of progress been made. Some guys sorta rebuilt them made them a lot better. Have a small DS course and a little drop that needs some work. Bowl and wallride too. i think the wallrides still there. :monkeydance:

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA

(chillin at the top before the good times!)
rediculously nice days we are having for december! Sorry no riding shots, mostly solo ridin lately.

edit:
(few weeks back, spacemanspiff and I) one of my favorite lefts..... you can go much faster in this corner; we were lucky enough a local came by and was nice enough to stop for a sec to shoot a quick vid, we should've hiked up a little further to get a better run in.... but you get the idea... (bottom of hideho)

Castle

Turbo Monkey
Jun 10, 2002
VA
man that terrain looks great, I wondered what had happened to the photo thread, I figured it was deleted due to taken up too much space.... I'm a riding pic junky, I dig seeing everyone else's riding spots. Rolling up on a new season, might have to re-sticky it.....

couple old shots I ran across on my comp, that weren't shot by me.......

Carlisle from VT crew

Mike from VT crew

Mattoid