Quantcast

~Vengeday asleep at the wheel GMT^

Wingnut

Turbo Monkey
Nov 12, 2003
Sorry, I'm Canadian ..sorry...
Hello.

Pretty awesome weekend watching cars race up Knox Mountain ended in a severe case of allergies which ruined the end of my long weekend.

Pool worked beautifully to cool down after too much sun exposure. Histamine blockers are messing with my sense of being today.. good times....

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210
My gym is in a part of town (near West Hollywood) known for a high gay population, and many of the gents there are quite open and "obvious" about their lifestyle inside the gym. In fact, I'm pretty sure it's a common pickup place for casual and even "professional" connections. The styles and mannerisms of these gents has created an image in my head of what that "type" is like, so I generally assume things about men who fit the stereotype.

Yesterday, I heard a guy on the phone, in front of the gym, talking to someone about how he had just come out on Facebook, making his orientation known to friends and family. He was describing how difficult it was, and he was obviously stressed. I'm certain that is a challenging moment for many. However, based on his style and mannerisms I was observing, and my impressions, I was shocked anyone would be shocked by his coming out.

The human brain and our pececptions and conceptualization of the world is an interesting thing. Certain moments make you more aware of how different things can look through the eyes of others.

Also, if you aren't listening to The Moth, you are missing out. That podcast has some deeply moving stories. I teared up, a little, on the way to work, today.

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
Also, if you aren't listening to The Moth, you are missing out. That podcast has some deeply moving stories. I teared up, a little, on the way to work, today.
I kind of had to quit listening to The Moth after hearing this. I don't think I could take another story like this one. Anyone with kids; viewer discretion definitely advised, and I don't mean because they might hear something "bad".

edit: Fuck, I got a little weepy just posting that.

Since you'll need a pickup, try this one too:

Serial Midget

Al Bundy
Jun 25, 2002
Fort of Rio Grande
Hello again Monkies, not totally on top of the world yet but I have survived 2 nights of server upgrades, WiFi mapping and floor waxing. Exciting times but I look forward to MS Server 2009...

Pushing hard on the trail yesterday combined with 4 hours sleep over 2 days wiped me out. I should have people for this. :monkey:

On a positive note Rocky Mounts has shipped my fancy new hitch mount bake rack, it should be here Friday, Saturday I will have a trailer hitch installed on the wagon. There are dusty tire tracks allover the cargo area and seat backs that I should vacuum out.

History says I wont.

Nick

My name is Nick
Sep 21, 2001
where the trails are
I kind of had to quit listening to The Moth after hearing this. I don't think I could take another story like this one. Anyone with kids; viewer discretion definitely advised, and I don't mean because they might hear something "bad".
jesus christ dude ... :(

ok, is it too early to start drinking?

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
IMG_5771.JPG

My new Pure Race saddle teabagging the Rocket (? Silverado?) that I'll give to @Adventurous should we ever meet up for a ride. The width and thickness difference is exaggerated a bit by perspective.

6thElement

Schrodinger's Immigrant
Jul 29, 2008
Proper rocky trails were ridden by wifey for the first time since her crash. She had a great time.

mandown

Poopdeck Repost
Jun 1, 2004
Transylvania 90210

edit: Fuck, I got a little weepy just posting that.

Since you'll need a pickup, try this one too:
Heavy.

AngryMetalsmith

Business is good, thanks for asking
Jun 4, 2006
I have no idea where I am
My cousin, whom I haven't seen in more than twenty years, died this morning after a long battle with cancer that had spread to the brain. She was 41 and leaves behind a husband and two teenage boys.

Fuck You Cancer !

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
Decided to ride tonight with the guys and promptly got dropped to the back of the pack. For all I tried, I could not keep up even on flat trail. Just no energy. Being sick sucks balls.

jstuhlman

bagpipe wanker
Dec 3, 2009
Cackalacka du Nord
home. last of rain for a while passing by. windows open and beer being drunk while a few work odds and ends are wrapped up. worked with an old colleague to survey part of the collection (italian paintings), then had to do a dinner/tour, then dinner/drinks with colleague after. wife is apparently now sick. buuuuuu.

DirtyMike

Turbo Fluffer
Aug 8, 2005
My own world inside my head
Yeah, I've known a few who did. Just weird seeing someone open carry while riding, or at Target, or really anywhere for that matter.

Oh and not trying to harass those who do @DirtyMike. Just an observation.
it's all good, this pretty much sums it

Fuckin' GRIZZLIES, MAN!!!!
No grizzlies today, but did encounter this little guy
IMG_20170524_213524.jpg

This here would be the bears that cause me the most worry. This little guy is a year to two year and has no fear of people in the parking lot there at leverich canyon. And.... Why I carry a side arm while riding here

Last edited:

Pesqueeb

bicycle in airplane hangar
Feb 2, 2007
Riding the baggage carousel.
He's wearing a side arm while riding. You know, a gat, heater, a piece, freedom wand, a gun.

Just never seen someone other than bike cops ride with a firearm.
Fuckin' GRIZZLIES, MAN!!!!
it's all good, this pretty much sums it

No grizzlies today, but did encounter this little guy
View attachment 125451

This here would be the bears that cause me the most worry. This little guy is a year to two year and has no fear of people in the parking lot there at leverich canyon. And.... Why I carry a side arm while riding here
Or, a wild republican congressional candidate! Can't be too careful.