Quantcast

Vid clips of the step down attempt at Country Park

Toshi

Harbinger of Doom
Oct 23, 2001
that last crash (2nd to last rider, frame grab) was awesome! good rolling skills there.

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
Wow, im suprised he hit it again after that really bad, roll out one. Thats just what i get for leaving early. Props to him for hittin it on that bike

HitMan

Chimp
Feb 20, 2005
Hey guys, I'm the one responsible for those pictures.
It took me 4 tries to get that gap but once I got it it felt sweet, you guys have to try it. if its dry next weekend, I'll probably go for it again.

bballboy388

Monkey
Dec 4, 2004
HitMan said:
Hey guys, I'm the one responsible for those pictures.
It took me 4 tries to get that gap but once I got it it felt sweet, you guys have to try it. if its dry next weekend, I'll probably go for it again.
way to got i doubt most people would of kept going after those crashes. :thumb: :thumb:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah, a little, but he had been buckin' like a bronco a day, though. (and scaring the crap out of me). Hitman is da man for trying it first. And he knows it...

manimal

Ociffer Tackleberry
Feb 27, 2002
Blindly running into cactus
motomike said:
yeah, a little, but he had been buckin' like a bronco a day, though. (and scaring the crap out of me). Hitman is da man for trying it first. And he knows it...

that was rather impressive considering the difficulty in obtaining speed.....but he wasn't quite the first one to try it....db1 hit it before the other lip was added....he didn't make it either :D hitman came close to clearing it to the transition but it's gonna take some interesting use of speed for someone to clear the whole thing.......but it'll happen soon :thumb:
db1's hardtail attempt before the fast line was cut out. pretty much impossible over the tables.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
yeah, I thought about that after I posted. I was thinking about the new lip and the newly cut double before it. Say, here's a good idea, lets get both of 'em out there at the same time! :blah:

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
motomike said:
yeah, I thought about that after I posted. I was thinking about the new lip and the newly cut double before it. Say, here's a good idea, lets get both of 'em out there at the same time! :blah:

Im game!

HitMan

Chimp
Feb 20, 2005
do you guys think it'll be dry enough this upcoming weekend, since it's supposed to rain tomorow, and its not supposed to be very warm :nopity:

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
BigMike said:
Where is this?? Is it anywhere near Greensboro? I'll be up there the 2nd through the 6th.....
yeah dude, its like 10-15 minutes from where you will be. try to mapquest Pisgah church rd @ battleground ave.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
that's very cool, manimal. It's kinda like the Progression 1 video. I like the way it shows DMoser trying it first, then changing over time to something doable. :thumb:

dickiesbike1

Monkey
Jun 17, 2002
NC
motomike said:
ooooo, that's nasty. I think I might forget how to ride a bike in that time. Hey, is Dan's place gettin' fix up? I'd help...

Nope, me and him arent really friends anymore (long story)

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
dickiesbike1 said:
Nope, me and him arent really friends anymore (long story)
oh, ok. blame it on natural selection. Anyway, back to biking.......I am supposed to be gettin' a ton of dirt this week(well, several tons, actually), so I should be getting pix up in the coming weeks.....anybody have skills building skinnies 'n stuff? I have endless amounts of lumber and no idea what to build.

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
what if I just had a bunch of peeps over and everyone just went crazy with wood and dirt and stuff.....get a little taste of everything. I've got a few ideas, like some wooden ramps and a huge soft mulch "pit", where everyone could try new tricks and not get hurt(as bad).

escapeartist

Turbo Monkey
Mar 21, 2004
W-S. NC
i think Jeff Lenowsky has one of those mulch pit things in his yard. I think it would be pretty cool to have some Northshore stuff integrated into the dj's, like have a drop to a decent transition kinda as a roll in. I dont seem to see stuff like that very often. Id be more than willing to help, just let me know when and where

motomike

Turbo Monkey
Jan 19, 2005
North Carolina
Well, I already have a platform built to use as a step-up/step-down thing. Think of it as a tall and skinny picknick table. I think it would be soooo cool to have a super long line with dirt jumps and drops/skinnies integrated into eachother.