Quantcast

Video Editing Programs

Zack

Monkey
Apr 5, 2004
West Menlo
I'm trying to figure out what video-editing program to buy...What do you guys use for editing your biking videos or whatever other videos? I've used Pinnacle Studio and hated it (it's way too basic and the layout sucks). I've messed around with Adobe Premiere 1.5 Pro a bit but didn't get the full feel of it. I use Final Cut Pro HD at school and it is amazing, but is there any program like it for windows? I will be using a Sony Pentium 4 desktop with a 3 ghz processor, 512 mb RAM, and 280 gig hard drive. I'm looking for a professional level program like Final Cut, but for windows.

It'd also be cool if you could answer all or some (or none) of these questions:

• What program do you recommend?
  • What do you really like about it and what do you not like about it?
  • What other programs have you used?
  • What type of computer do you have?

Thanks,
Zack

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
do they not make FC for windows?

That is what I have been using & it rocks so far. How much money are looking to spend? Check out what Avid has to offer too I know they make some windows compatible software.

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
i have vegas video 4.0. love it and it seems to have alot of features but ive never really used adobe premier so i dont really know how it compares. i did try out adobe premier once but i could never figure it out so i just gave up.

Zack

Monkey
Apr 5, 2004
West Menlo
I don't think price should be too much of a problem, because I can get the student editions of most of them. I'm not really worried about price right now though, just how good the software is.

Zack said:
I don't think price should be too much of a problem, because I can get the student editions of most of them. I'm not really worried about price right now though, just how good the software is.
For the PC i would try Avid Xpress Dv or go with Premiere Pro.... I havent got to use Premiere Pro much but from what ive seen its far better than the Premiere of old .... the interface and workflow on Pro seems to have taken quite a bit from FCP.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
DHracer1067 said:
i have vegas video 4.0. love it and it seems to have alot of features but ive never really used adobe premier so i dont really know how it compares. i did try out adobe premier once but i could never figure it out so i just gave up.
X2. vegas is great, learning curve is gradual, it took me a while to figure out how it worked, but overall was a very powerful program, but easy to use. I got a great "deal" on it too email me if you want to use my coupon ;)

DHracer1067

Turbo Monkey
Sep 16, 2003
somewhere really ****ty
yeah i got a great deal on mine too. Kazaa. for me i had absolutely now learning curve. steven has video factory which is basicly the same thing as vegas except with a few less features. only minimal things were different on how you did stuff. vegas just has alot more efffects you can use. i had tried alot of free trials on stuff and everything else just seemed confusing and hard to use.

Zack

Monkey
Apr 5, 2004
West Menlo
I'm looking for something a bit better than Sony Screenblast Movie Studio.

I've heard not so great things about Avid and Vegas, but maybe they were wrong? Has anyone used any of these programs and Final Cut Pro HD and can compare them?

Any other input?

Thanks,
Zack

dwaugh

Turbo Monkey
May 23, 2002
Bellingham, Washington ~ U.S.A.
Zack said:
I'm looking for something a bit better than Sony Screenblast Movie Studio.

I've heard not so great things about Avid and Vegas, but maybe they were wrong? Has anyone used any of these programs and Final Cut Pro HD and can compare them?

Any other input?

Thanks,
Zack
If you mean Sony Vegas Movie Studio, that is the upgrade from screenblast, which I still love and works great. And, if all you are doing is biking movies, screenblast is more than enough, it has never failed me.