Quantcast

Video editing question

dwaugh said:
What exactly do you mean, part of the audio track (song track, or original recording track from the tape?)? I dont have pinnacle so I dont know how to help. Sorry.

Sorry - I should have been more specific. It's a video I took at a let's say, "volleyball" game. There are two people talking but it's hard to hear them because of fans cheering in the background. I want to edit that noise out.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
MtnBikerChk said:
Sorry - I should have been more specific. It's a video I took at a let's say, "volleyball" game. There are two people talking but it's hard to hear them because of fans cheering in the background. I want to edit that noise out.
Working with only a left and right audio channel that carries all the sound (I'm assuming), I think the best you could do is to use the EQ to bring down some of the higher frequencies of the cheering. It won't eliminate it all together, but it might help.

luken8r

Monkey
Mar 5, 2004
Melrose MA
i dont think you can edit music through winamp.
think about it this way. theres no way to have a program to allow you to just click on a source of noise and say "remove from here". as far as the program is concearned, its all coming from a black box, maybe left and right, but all just different range of fq's. if you were to find a .wav or other audio editor you could tune down the range of frequencies that are effected but you may also lose some of your target sound.
I tried to do the same thing with my wedding video with sony vegas video. during the ceremony some dumb plane flew over head drowning out the minister and us. The best i could do was break up the audio track and turn it down a bit.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
Mustang85 said:
you might want to tray a program called cakewalk...it can do all sorts of stuff like that.
Cakewalk is awesome. My old roomie and I had a studio in the house based around Cakewalk. It's pretty expensive if I remember correctly.

BikeGeek

BrewMonkey
Jul 2, 2001
Hershey, PA
MtnBikerChk said:
So, what you're saying is that you are trying to electronically eavesdrop on two people? :nope:

:p

pixelninja

Turbo Monkey
Jun 14, 2003
Denver, CO
luken8r said:
think about it this way. theres no way to have a program to allow you to just click on a source of noise and say "remove from here".
But but but...they do it on CSI all the time! :p

I'm still trying to find the software that can take a low rez video still and increase the resolution enough so you can read a license plate number in the reflection of someone's glasses from across the street...

Seriously though, you might try looking at Sound Forge. You can download a 30 day free trial here

Edit: I just found that Sony has a home version of Sound Forge for $70. Check it here