Quantcast

[Video] Schweitzer...

biker3

Turbo Monkey
Mani_UT said:
Just before leaving for Snowmass tomorrow, I figured I'd put together a little vid of schweitzer (should have really used that time to work on my bike... oh well :) )

58Mo and about 6'

Enjoy :D

http://www.ride-it.net/video/Schweitzer_NMBS_05.wmv
Sweet vid. This is jesse the guy u talked to on the phone. Thanks for being so cool. By the way I bought a helmet as well so if you could bring it too thatd be great. If you dont have room its no big deal but my helmet right now is cracked but still rideable.

Anyways I cant thank you enough.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
DH Diva said:
That was a joke right??
I hope so! Dude, if your helmet is cracked, you need to throw it in a trash can, or try to get a crash replacement, of some sort.

BTW, that video was outstanding! Kudos to the folks who put that together...

DH Diva

Wonderwoman
Jun 12, 2002
biker3 said:
well its def not smart but a cracked helmet is better then no helmet right?
No not really. By that logic, it's like saying if I ride with out a helmet I could die, but if I ride in a cracked one I could die less?

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Motionboy2 said:
Um, I am on T1 and it says 5 hours dl?! No bueno, I will have to try later

Yeah I don't get it.. I need to call them, my account must be limited in upload bandwidth or something.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
Mani_UT said:
Yeah I don't get it.. I need to call them, my account must be limited in upload bandwidth or something.
Well I just upgraded my account but that will take up to 48 hours :(

COmtbiker12

Turbo Monkey
Dec 17, 2003
Colorado Springs
Sweet vid dude! That looks like an amazing course. :D

It said 16hrs originally but within minutes dropped to 8 then 4 etc... took me about 2hours on my SLOW DSL. :p

ÆX

Turbo Monkey
Sep 8, 2001
NM
Mani_UT said:
Thanks a lot BCD!!! That will help me go through the bottleneck!
Beware of the bandwith though ;) (the vid I posted about the Deer Valley got DL 1900 times @ 70Mo each!!!)

Hopefully by the time I get Snowmass going my hosting package will be up to the task
sure, i use addr. i don't have a lot of site traffic so i don't mind sharing.

alex

dump

Turbo Monkey
Oct 12, 2001
excellent video! great job, thanks for sharing!

Out of curiosity, what camera, format & editing software did you use?
thanks.

blt2ride

Turbo Monkey
May 25, 2005
Chatsworth
I must say that I watched that video over and over today, it is one of the best videos I have seen in a long time. It gives you motivation to get out and ride.

Lady Litton

Chimp
Oct 25, 2001
Bend
Great video!! You really captured how rough and steep the course was. It was a beater! I like the choice in music also.... :) Thanks.

Mani_UT

Monkey
Nov 25, 2001
SLC, UT
dump said:
excellent video! great job, thanks for sharing!
Out of curiosity, what camera, format & editing software did you use?
thanks.
Thanks!

The camera is a mini DV super compact camera (Canon something.. fits in a pocket)with only one chip.. No 3CCD here. I wish I had a better camera but It's not in the current budget ;)

For editing I use Premiere 6.0. I sometime use aftereffects too but here I did not have time to go fancy.. may be 4/5 hours max to transfer the data from the tape, edit and convert!!!...

I'll take a little more time for Snowmass if I find something to film. The course is sooo short.. We timed ourselves barely above 3' just cruising. Quite a disapointment after the rocking race we got in Schweitzer!