Quantcast

Vietnam Map STOLEN

If_Rider

Monkey
Dec 7, 2003
Massachusetts
Sometime between Tuesday 6/12 and Thursday 6/14 the kiosk at the base of the jumpline was broken into and the map of the trails was stolen. The lock was taken too so we don’t know if it was picked or drilled out or whatever but there appears to be no other damage to the kiosk.

We, the VLMC, debated even putting up the kiosk for fear of vandalism but we felt the risk was worth the reward of spreading our message and letting people who ride the trails know who we are and what we’re doing. So far, it’s been well received and the map that Splat created was the icing on the cake. So many people have been asking for a map I guess someone wanted one of their own really badly. The map is currently available online at http://www.bikerag.com/images/MAPS/MA/vietnamNAME_copy.jpg and we are working to (hopefully) provide copies at the kiosk in the future.

I know a lot of you ride Nam regularly so if you see anything suspicious or unusual while riding please let us know. We can be reached at the email address below and I’d like to make my cell # available to anyone who wants to program it into their phone and call me personally if you see anything bizarre happening out there while you’re riding.

nemba-vlmc@googlegroups.com

Thanks

The VLMC

Mike (Cell 617 775-6105)

Here's the kiosk, pre-map...

peter6061

Turbo Monkey
Nov 19, 2001
Kenmore, WA
Sucks about your kiosk and map. Some people ARE asshats.

I'll bet that lock is somewhere within 50 feet of the kiosk if you need to know how it was breached.