Quantcast

"Vietnam" , Milford MA 3/18

splat

Nam I am
got up for a Morning ride today , hoped on the bike and rode over to the start it was 20 degrees out , and I did not wear my really cold weather gloves , and was regretting it at first. But being so cold , the Ground was frozen solid.

any way Met up with the group

We were just about to get under way

IF_rider hittingthe frame twister .

Trevor hitting the frame twister. Taken from a different angle..

Grahmm ( LBS wrench ) and IF_rider on a rocky turn.

The rubicon Rock Garden

Grahmm up the rock.

and Vincent demonstrates what happends if you get a little off line , It is not forgiving.

IF_rider dropping

Dave "the SIlver Turtle" Craches this drop 2 weeks ago, Smooth today .

IF_rider , up the trail. ( Thursday Night coming down this I bought it )

This is a Relativly new toy. I tried to sequence it. but it didn't work well
so here is the silver turtle at the top.

Vincent, Same rock , taken from the other side.

Trevor finishing it off

DR coming down

Vozz with trevor in the background on a nasty loose rocky decent decent.

IF_rider rolling a steep rock

Trever Same rock

at this point I ran out of Memory in the camera , we were only about halfway through the 5 hr ride Lots o fun was had !!

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
Dear God I hate that frame twister drop. Absolutely brutal, I bottom out all 15" of suspension when I hit that. Oh well, nice pics Splat, Nam has so many possibilities and its nice to see the sections that I have not yet seen.

stinkyboy

Plastic Santa
Jan 6, 2005
¡Phoenix!
Looks like great fun, butI was watching some iwantmymtb vids last night. Is it optical, or is there really nothing that big there? Looked like every drop was under 6 feet.

?

Slugman

Frankenbike
Apr 29, 2004
Miami, FL
McGRP01 said:
Is the Acapulco Drop in 'Nam or Lynn Woods? That's a decent size drop. 10'?
Acapulco is in Lynn, along with space monkey and few other 10+ drops.

And I think it's bigger than 10'... although I've never measured it.
Acapulco:

Space Monkey:

Other (now gone - and not 10'... but close enough):

'Nam has a ton of smaller drops (up to 6'), with a few bigger ones (6 to 10+) around if you're adventurous.

bigdonut

Chimp
Mar 10, 2005
PHX
Looks pretty cool :cool: Is this where the Bend It Like Butters film was shot? Stinkyboy, shut your mouth, you ain't droppin' anything bigger than 6's anyways :hot:

splat

Nam I am
Polandspring88 said:
Dear God I hate that frame twister drop. Absolutely brutal, I bottom out all 15" of suspension when I hit that. Oh well, nice pics Splat, Nam has so many possibilities and its nice to see the sections that I have not yet seen.
We (NEMBA) plan to add a tranny to the frame twister and the shelf drop this spring.

Stinkyboy here are a couple of the larger ones

this one use to be bigger , use to have a bridge on top of it.

Polandspring88

Superman
Mar 31, 2004
Broomfield, CO
GumbaFish said:
Must drive north now...must ride large rocks. That place looks sweet, I think I'll throw that into a possible summer trip folder.
Make sure you get someone to show you around. If not you will not find any of the cool things that you see in the pictures and will more than likely be disappointed.

GumbaFish

Turbo Monkey
Oct 5, 2004
Rochester N.Y.
Yeah I'd post it here before I went and see if some monkies would show me around. Is the whole place scattered with rocks like that or is it mostly regular single track with some especially rocky areas.

berkshire_rider

Growler
Feb 5, 2003
The Blackstone Valley
Polandspring88 said:
Make sure you get someone to show you around. If not you will not find any of the cool things that you see in the pictures and will more than likely be disappointed.
:stupid:

See if you can get Splat to give your a tour. He knows every trail and deer path in the place.