Quantcast

Vino!

Qman

Monkey
Feb 7, 2005
Yellow Tail......Costco Special.
Here's tonight's selection: (wine and dessert)

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
narlus said:
15.3% ... wow, that's a hot wine
Screw cap, too. Here's a review:

One of the top values in my Australian tastings, this 2004 Shiraz is a new venture between Kaesler Vineyard's winemaker, Reid Bosward, and the owners of Winner's Tank, David and Kathy Knight. Given minimal aging in French oak, it offers an opaque purple color as well as exuberant, concentrated blackberry and cassis aromas revealing a touch of acacia flowers. Full-bodied, opulently textured, and loaded, I served this cuvee blind to guests who were convinced it was a $50 bottle of wine. Drink this big, black, Shiraz baby over the next 2-3 years to take advantage of its exuberant fruit.

It was good with a big ol' steak. :thumb:

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
berkshire_rider said:
I just added that to my list of "to try". :thumb: I have been quite happy to find how good most of the <$20 bottles of Aussie and Chilean wines are.
Throw in Argentinian, New Zealand, Italian, Spanish, and French and I'm right there with ya! :thumb:

Here was the latest great $12 Italian find:

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
picked up a 2004 Trapiche Malbec from Mendoza to have with out roast tonight. we tried their Oak Cask Malbec last week & it was good but the oak overwhelmed the fruit.
both were $9.

DamienC

Turbo Monkey
Jun 6, 2002
DC
TN said:
picked up a 2004 Trapiche Malbec from Mendoza to have with out roast tonight. we tried their Oak Cask Malbec last week & it was good but the oak overwhelmed the fruit.
both were $9.
:thumb: It seems like Argentinian wines, particularly their signature Malbec varietal, are getting more popular these days. I liked both offerings from Trapiche that you mentioned and I also liked the 2003 Septima Malbec. If you drink pinot noir but like a slightly drier, spicier wine I'd say give Malbec a try.

OGRipper

back alley ripper
Feb 3, 2004
NORCAL is the hizzle
N8, somehow I'm not surprised you would post about drinking bus-stop merlot. You have better taste in vodka, but I'm beginning to think you only like what you are told is good.

N8 v2.0

Not the sharpest tool in the shed
Oct 18, 2002
The Cleft of Venus
OGRipper said:
N8, somehow I'm not surprised you would post about drinking bus-stop merlot. You have better taste in vodka, but I'm beginning to think you only like what you are told is good.

Nah.. the Yellow Tail was left overs from someone brought over for New Years Eve.