Quantcast

Vino's revenge...

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
In the Vuelta Vino has been trying to take out Valverde for the last couple of days in TT's and Mountains. He hasnt been able to take him over until today. Awesome stage. Danielson (Disco) won the stage with Vino right behind him. Valverde was getting passed by everyone at the end, Unless something crazy happens the Vuelta is Vino's to lose.

Glad for him, and glad for Dnielson finally showing his stuff. :cheers:

JRogers

talks too much
Mar 19, 2002
Claremont, CA
In the Vuelta Vino has been trying to take out Valverde for the last couple of days in TT's and Mountains. He hasnt been able to take him over until today. Awesome stage. Danielson (Disco) won the stage with Vino right behind him. Valverde was getting passed by everyone at the end, Unless something crazy happens the Vuelta is Vino's to lose.

Glad for him, and glad for Dnielson finally showing his stuff. :cheers:
I don't know if it's quite Vino's to lose, but he does have the advantage. I think in the GC he's up only 9 seconds over Valverde and 1:51 over Sastre. There's one legit mountain stage left and one TT. Based on Vino's earlier TT performance, he should come out on top there barring mechanical problems or total bonking. The mountain stage tommorrow will be interesting. I hope all the big guns mount up and try to break each other. I love the drama. Like Vino too. The man's a beast.

golgiaparatus

Out of my element
Aug 30, 2002
Deep in the Jungles of Oklahoma
I don't know if it's quite Vino's to lose, but he does have the advantage. I think in the GC he's up only 9 seconds over Valverde and 1:51 over Sastre. There's one legit mountain stage left and one TT. Based on Vino's earlier TT performance, he should come out on top there barring mechanical problems or total bonking. The mountain stage tommorrow will be interesting. I hope all the big guns mount up and try to break each other. I love the drama. Like Vino too. The man's a beast.
The reason I say that is because we have 1 mtn stage left (a small one) and Vino was by far the strongest yesterday, we have 1 time trial, and VIno is the better TTer. The rest of the stages are flat. As far as I see it its Vinos to lose... if he chokes in the TT then Valverde might take it back.

Edit... and Vino has taken more time off of Valverde in the last mtn stage. Now nearly a minute difference between the two. Unless Vino crashes or something in the TT its all over for Valverde.