Quantcast

Visiting Co. at the beginning ono june and need some help

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
The wife and I are taking a road trip to colorado. Colorado Spings to be exact. We would like to take a beginner ride together some where. Would somebody be able to point us in the right direction or feel like showing us around?

Also I am going to take a half day and go for a ride something a little more technical but still the beginner area. I am not that good or fast.

On this half day ride the wife would like to spend it at a spa you guys have any suggestions. Maybe a place your lady has visited before.

Thanks

Ascentrek

Monkey
Jul 17, 2003
Golden, CO
I'm headed on a tangent... but what the hey...

Go to Evergreen (West of Denver). There's a spa there called TallGrass. Find a B&B, er something (tons around). It'll be cooler than the springs, and still in the mtns. There are a few mtn parks. Alderfer 3 sisters is okay for beginners (some techy sections, walkem if you need to). and there there's Elk Meadow/ Bergen peak... excellent ride, and a little more techy.

Your wife will like TallGrass, so will your wallet. But its the bomb.

Otherwise, you're in a tourist state. Pick something and go.

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
You got the hookup...we'll host you and show you around! Might even toss up a few pics for the rest of the Monkeys to drool over (our local playground)...

Ascentrek - Evergreen, cooler than the Springs - uh, yes. We're talking mid-June here, mid 70's at the MOST. You make it sound like the 'Springs is volcanic or something.

CrAckErKorEan

Ridemonkey's own half breed
Nov 29, 2001
Winder GA (Its in the sticks)
You got the hookup...we'll host you and show you around! Might even toss up a few pics for the rest of the Monkeys to drool over (our local playground)...

Awesome :thumb: I am soo looking forward to this trip. We wll be there three days or so hope to get at least two rides in .

bikeCOLORADO

Chimp
May 9, 2003
Colorado Springs, USA!
Originally posted by SkaredShtles
You mean it's *NOT*??!? Damn. I've been give bogus information....... :D

-S.S.-
That's only what we WANT other people to think...trying to keep traffic down in our playground. Our trails suck, the flys and mosquitos are as big as your head, it snows 13 months a year, if it's not snowing it's 120 degrees in the shade, we only have one technical trail in town and it's got a whopping big 1 footer on it, did I mention the cannibals that eat people when they stop on the trail? This town sucks - please don't come here.

Babar

Monkey
Sep 14, 2001
Colorado
Originally posted by CrAckErKorEan
Awesome :thumb: I am soo looking forward to this trip. We wll be there three days or so hope to get at least two rides in .
Hey M. just got done with finals i will be leaving CS at end of may. But ill send you the recipe soon.