Quantcast

W/A\W Wednesday GMT W/A\W

canadmos

Cake Tease
May 29, 2011
Canaderp
See how this highway goes straight. If you encounter this section of highway it is your responsibility to go straight to the best of your ability. Anything else is a failure on your part.
Going straight in theory is easy, I guess stopping is the hard part (or paying attention). Witnesses are saying that traffic had slowed down due to another accident further up the highway. One of the trucks (maybe the tanker truck filled with fuel), plowed right into the slow/stopped traffic....

This is from a few days ago - https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2017/10/26/transport-truck-drivers-will-be-put-on-notice-opp-say-after-laying-charges-in-deadly-collisions.html

Same freeway from earlier this year - https://www.insidetoronto.com/news-story/6742287-opp-say-inattentive-truck-driver-may-have-caused-hwy-400-11-vehicle-crash-that-killed-four-people-including-four-year-old-girl/

Again, earlier this summer - http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/it-s-ridiculous-mad-motorists-stuck-on-hwy-400-for-more-than-5-hours-after-chemical-spill-1.3511888

This one happened the same day at the link above... - http://torontosun.com/2017/07/20/hwy-400-shut-down-near-newmarket-after-truck-spills-dangerous-substance/wcm/fc7e477f-8744-4c39-8ec1-58e959add671

Then stupid shit like this... http://toronto.ctvnews.ca/highway-400-reopens-after-dump-truck-leaves-sign-dangling-1.2078613

Ugh. Idiots. All of them. Slow the fuck down and relax.

TN

Hey baby, want a hot dog?
Jul 9, 2002
Jimtown, CO
i wonder what trap music is for kevin spacey?
whitest room on teh internet ever
I was laughing with my old neighbor because he likes to put hot chili in the bag and just have at it with a spoon. :panic:
#FritoPie
can get them in most ghetto corner stores. in low income neighborhoods they contribute to the food desert effect because its a cheap 'dinner' that has negative food value.

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
#FritoPie
can get them in most ghetto corner stores. in low income neighborhoods they contribute to the food desert effect because its a cheap 'dinner' that has negative food value.
The wife has mentioned making it, I guess her mom had a recipe for some sort of Frito based "pie". We will see just how many bags of those damn things we have left. We called it a night around 8:30, the crowds had died down and it was mostly teenagers not even in a costume hitting up houses with a pillow case for some snacks later.

jdcamb

Tool Time!
Feb 17, 2002
Nowhere Man!
The wife has mentioned making it, I guess her mom had a recipe for some sort of Frito based "pie". We will see just how many bags of those damn things we have left. We called it a night around 8:30, the crowds had died down and it was mostly teenagers not even in a costume hitting up houses with a pillow case for some snacks later.
Frito pie:
1 junior bag of fritos cut open.
Dump chili into bag. I like Castleburys Cincinnati style. Nathans is good too but it is hard to find...
Hot sauce to taste.
Cheddar cheese or Whiz.
Sitr it up and plow it down....

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Today I learned I get to purchase a new washing machine, and that joggling exists. I also bought tickets to see the premier of Dust 2 Glory next month, and that's gonna be rad.

Full Trucker

Frikkin newb!!!
Feb 26, 2003
Exit, CO
Pro-tip: get a used one off Craigslist. The older the better. With no more than two mechanical dials. People give away perfectly good old washers because... well, I'm not sure why.
Chatted with the g/f about this... we're pretty set on getting something new. This washer that came with the house has been... problematic. But in some ways, you're not wrong.

SkaredShtles

Michael Bolton
Sep 21, 2003
In a van.... down by the river
Chatted with the g/f about this... we're pretty set on getting something new. This washer that came with the house has been... problematic. But in some ways, you're not wrong.
If you don't go used... just get a cheap one with as few knobs/settings as possible.

We went with a new one recently (the old one *really* died) only because the capacity of new washers is fucking HUGE and with 3 teenagers, there is a metric shitload of laundry around here all the time. :dead:

jimmydean

The Official Meat of Ridemonkey
Sep 10, 2001
Portland, OR
Pro-tip: get a used one off Craigslist. The older the better. With no more than two mechanical dials. People give away perfectly good old washers because... well, I'm not sure why.
I bought a matched washer/dryer from a used shop that were powder blue and guessing late 60's-early 70's that ran for about 5 years before the washer hot/cold valve died. That was a $20 part and they still worked when the ex got rid of them about 15 years later. I paid $250 for the pair.

On a lighter note, a friend of mine who owns an appliance repair shop bought a vacation home 2 years after front loading washers became a thing. He loves them because when they break, it is usually a board swap and cha-ching. Fast in, fast out, big bill for either the customer or the manufacturer for the repair.